The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Any cars ever try to race you on the roads?

Stewart10

Whilst I agree that the car is capable of around that speed, on the clock anyway, I would be surprised if it was on the limiter. I thought the calculated real speed was around 160? 163 on the clock ain't anywhere near 160.

100% was on the limiter just knocking now and again

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He should have just "man'ed up" and bought a TT to start with :D

There isnt alot on the roads that will beat a FQ300 Evo.

Pub talk fail.

In fact my reason was turbo is not the way for me reliability was.

"there isnt alot on the roads that will beat a FQ300 evo" hum let me think about that? hows about an FQ320 or an fQ360 or an FQ400 (just a few that come to mind)

pub talk fail? no

you were in a pub when you posted this after one two many......yup

Talking of motoring offences someone I knew was the last person to be prosecuted for "Driving Furiously" an offence that was left on the statute books form the days of horse drawn carriages. Sadly, it seems it has been removed. I would love to have committed that offence, it was just so "English"

I believe that still exists on the Isle of Man, it gives them something to do you for on the de-restricted roads. I was chatting to a Manx copper about it once, he said they used it for bikes on TT weekend that did burnouts/wheelies etc.

i didnt say that,IVE had bad experiences with turbo charged engines hence my choice.in my experience na engines are more reliable than turbocharged

Hmm. Maybe i suppose depends on the car i guess

That said the Supra TT engine is stupidly over built hence the huge power you can put though them. I dont mind my N/A i just dislike it

Talking of motoring offences someone I knew was the last person to be prosecuted for "Driving Furiously" an offence that was left on the statute books form the days of horse drawn carriages. Sadly, it seems it has been removed. I would love to have committed that offence, it was just so "English"

Doesn't it exist in Switzerland too? I'm sure I read that somewhere but I could be wrong.

Supra is a supra, can a na not be easily converted to a turbo, yes it can. The fact is that there always gonna be a faster car, there are supra that have 800hp even 1000hp, and thats much faster than standard supra tt. Point being is that what important it's what u want, sometimes the design and structure is also important, I've owned mr2 turbos, gto turbo, majority of the time I drove the speed limit ,so what's the point of getting a turbo supra,lol.. The money I spend on my supra I could of easily bought a t supra, the passion of supra is not been the fastest , so stop player hating the n/a, 1. There are more easy 2 maintain and reliable, it's a fact.

Automotive designer..

Edited by Migs
A (see edit history)

Supra is a supra, can a na not be easily converted to a turbo, yes it can. The fact is that there always gonna be a faster car, there are supra that have 800hp even 1000hp, and thats much faster than standard supra tt. Point being is that what important it's what u want, sometimes the design and structure is also important, I've owned mr2 turbos, gto turbo, majority of the time I drove the speed limit ,so what's the point of getting a turbo supra,lol.. The money I spend on my supra I could of easily bought a t supra, the passion of supra is not been the fastest , so stop player hating the n/a, 1. There are more easy 2 maintain and reliable, it's a fact.

Automotive designer..

Im allowed to hate the N/As i have one, and have owned them in the past.

I don't see why everone is jumping on the "stop hating the N/A" bandwagon... in this thread anyway.

It's as if someone makes a jesting comment on how N/As are being slated and some people can't seem to find the humour in it so feel the need to jump on the "yeah, they tk ar jawwwbs" loco.

This happens ALL the time! And it's always bods in crap cars, never even a decent challenge.

Most recently, I was driving from Catterick to Northallerton (great little stretch of road, the B6271 - if it's clear, anyway) and a bloke in a Golf Plus with a diesel engine tried it on! Seriously? Foot down; bye...

No one ever really tries it on with me :D and the roads here are calm on the motorway haha rather like where i live :p

Only time my right foot really goes down is at the local drag meets :)

I'm in no rush to get anywhere. Getting angry about it and speeding around doesn't get me anywhere.

Automotive designer..

FYI, my N/A was FAR more unreliable than my TT, it ended up with a whole new engine and drivetrain. The TT is no less reliable than the N/A, in my case it's more reliable.......and faster.

Im allowed to hate the N/As i have one, and have owned them in the past.

:yeahthat: I've had 2 N/A's (still own 1 of them), so I know how frustrating they can be :)

FYI, my N/A was FAR more unreliable than my TT, it ended up with a whole new engine and drivetrain. The TT is no less reliable than the N/A, in my case it's more reliable.......and faster.

:yeahthat: I've had 2 N/A's (still own 1 of them), so I know how frustrating they can be :)

Let's face it... it depends on the condition of the engine in the first place.

Let's face it... it depends on the condition of the engine in the first place.

Exactly, the fact that it's N/A or TT has no impact on reliability, a TT is to be no less reliable than an N/A, some Supra's will just be more reliable than others.

The extra parts on a TT make it less reliable than the NA simply because there's more to go wrong.

If you drove both without doing anything to either my money would be on the TT having a problem first.

The major factor here is if the cars been looked after and i dont mean wash n waxing :D its not down to luck

The extra parts on a TT make it less reliable than the NA simply because there's more to go wrong.

If you drove both without doing anything to either my money would be on the TT having a problem first.

The major factor here is if the cars been looked after and i dont mean wash n waxing :D its not down to luck

mmmm but each engine is different so saying that a TT engine will go wrong before an NA is invalid.

I know of an RX8 that had to have a full engine rebuild after 30k miles, where most RX8's last to 150k miles without any problems.

Each car is different as is the engine, its pretty much luck of the draw.

mmmm but each engine is different so saying that a TT engine will go wrong before an NA is invalid.

I know of an RX8 that had to have a full engine rebuild after 30k miles, where most RX8's last to 150k miles without any problems.

Each car is different as is the engine, its pretty much luck of the draw.

That's down to maintenence and driving style though. You use the RX8 as an example but they are far more highly strung engines with oil issues as standard.

If you took a new N/A and a new TT and did as Dunk suggested my money would also be on the TT costing money for repairs first. The turbos would be the first real failure IMO. If kept stock and well looked after they would be at 100k miles plus anyway, so noone can grumble at the reliability of either car (again, when looked after).