The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Any cars ever try to race you on the roads?

Stewart10

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's alright, but I am converting to turbo. 485hp package.

Glad I moved from Worcester at least I won't here the bang when it lets go :lol:. On a serious side why bother why not sell it buy a TT bpu it and save yourself a shed load of cash :D

Im not on about the engine as such but the fact the tt has 2 turbo's with lots of pipework and valves that the na doesnt have so has far more moving parts to go wrong, turbo's dont like being miss treated with no oil changes or cheap oil or owner abuse.

Luck in my opinion has nothing to do with it.

totaly agree......my na gets total abuse but is always serviced and as a result? well lets not temp fate but you get what im saying.normaly aspirated engines ARE more reliable

Without picking on anyone I tend to think some people may mistake "people trying it on", "people up my ar*e" and so on as people trying to go about their daily lives, getting to work or wherever, in a fashion quicker than you. Instead they get stuck behind someone in a fast car who is cruising along, perhaps even above the speed limit, not quite as quickly as they would like to be travelling. The said person in the fast car thinks that the other person is trying it on (how dare they attempt to travel faster than me) and accelerates "leaving them for dust" and then slows down victorious. Later on the "muppet" who was "destroyed" overtakes the fast car thinking to themselves "another muppet in a fast car that can't drive".

Next time this happens try something different... move out of the way and let them passed. It's not difficult (swallow the pride) and may actually leave both parties in a far calmer mood and possibly neither party feeling that the other is a muppet.

Skippyboyo - it is just possible that your friend in the Evo is a bad driver. Are you sure they're not launching in reverse?

nope and nope