The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Any cars ever try to race you on the roads?

Stewart10

mmmm but each engine is different so saying that a TT engine will go wrong before an NA is invalid.

Each car is different as is the engine, its pretty much luck of the draw.

Im not on about the engine as such but the fact the tt has 2 turbo's with lots of pipework and valves that the na doesnt have so has far more moving parts to go wrong, turbo's dont like being miss treated with no oil changes or cheap oil or owner abuse.

Luck in my opinion has nothing to do with it.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Without picking on anyone I tend to think some people may mistake "people trying it on", "people up my ar*e" and so on as people trying to go about their daily lives, getting to work or wherever, in a fashion quicker than you. Instead they get stuck behind someone in a fast car who is cruising along, perhaps even above the speed limit, not quite as quickly as they would like to be travelling. The said person in the fast car thinks that the other person is trying it on (how dare they attempt to travel faster than me) and accelerates "leaving them for dust" and then slows down victorious. Later on the "muppet" who was "destroyed" overtakes the fast car thinking to themselves "another muppet in a fast car that can't drive".

Next time this happens try something different... move out of the way and let them passed. It's not difficult (swallow the pride) and may actually leave both parties in a far calmer mood and possibly neither party feeling that the other is a muppet.

Skippyboyo - it is just possible that your friend in the Evo is a bad driver. Are you sure they're not launching in reverse?

What u on about, 3 letters. G.F.Y

Only havin a Random debate , don't start insulting me.

With who? Who on here replied to what you said other than myself? Did you read my reply? Did you look back at the previous posts and come to an informed decision and decide to put that you disagreed with me?

No, you just blurted out another random line from nowhere.

Also, it's rude to swear at other members and often not tolerated (unless in jest which that clearly is not)... regardless of whether you use an acronym or not.

Edited by Scott (see edit history)

Someone said he disliked n/a, that he rather have a twin turbo...so I replied faster is not better.

So I don't see any problem with that. And even if it was random, so what. I did not insult anyone.

It's extremely annoying, disrespectful and downright rude to just blurt out random statements when people are having a discussion about something, or do you not think so? To come in and blurt out random comments in the middle of a conversation, without taking in any of the previous comments or replying to comments directed at you is just not cricket IMO.

Imagine you are sitting having a polite conversation in a pub and some drunk standing at the bar picks up a word or 2 from your conversation and starts blurting out random statements of his opinion based on those words.

It isn't nice. If you want to get involved in a conversation then do so, read peoples opinions, reply to people who respond to you and try not to swear angrily at passing members having a little dig. Otherwise all you look like is a post whore randomly blurting out nonsense.

I used to try not to teach people a lesson but BMW's always put me in ownage mode due to them driving like c*cks. I remember driving back from Scotland on the M6 at 11pm at night I was doing around 80 leptons and making good ground on a Beemer when I got alongside after moving across from lane 1 to 3 as on a clear motorway he owned the middle lane he decided to put his foot down. Having 180 miles to go I wasn't going to play games, so I pulled back into lane 1 at 80 to let him go on his merry way.

His response was to slow back down to 75 so again moved from 1 to 3 for the same thing to happen. Getting bored I moved back into lane 1 and as before I pulled up alongside him and gave him a look as if to ask WTF are you doing. Knowing his next move I dropped it into 3rd ready to hit the loud pedal he then as predicted decided to boot it so it was time to unleish 620 bhp of Toyota exoctica at him.

As I did so the I pulled 2 car lengths and the back end squirmed out with my front end in lane 2 and back end in lane 1. I was doing around 120-130 leptons at this point so I politely gave him 1 finger out of the drivers side window ( I was looking at him due to the angle through his windscreen) straightened her up and continued to boot it up to 160 ish.

I slowed back down to 80 and he eventually caught up and followed behind me for around 20 miles before turning off. It was fun and did put a smile on my face I have to admit however the Mrs in the passenger seat didn't find it as funny as I did and didn't speak to me for the rest of the journey home, even when we stopped at the services :D

1. I was not trying to be rude.

2. I was only trying 2 make conversation.

3. And I def do not think, this compares to a pub.

1. I know, hence why I took the piss

2. I know, hence why I took the piss in a pointing out of the randomness fashion

3. I know, it was an analogy not a comparison