The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Any cars ever try to race you on the roads?

Stewart10

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really a race but a proper annoyance of mine is in roadworks.

Coming home from holiday a few months back i was driving my dads Saab. There was roadworks with a merge at the end of it. EVERYONE was sitting in the inside lane and not merging so as you do i went up to the cones to merge. As i was driving up at around 30 (speed limit 50) a prick in an Audi swerved into the middle of the road to stop me passing him as he'd no doubt sat in the traffic. Very dangerous and the only thing stopping me going mental was the family he had in his car!

Twat.

Back to the main subject

Not really a race but a proper annoyance of mine is in roadworks.

Coming home from holiday a few months back i was driving my dads Saab. There was roadworks with a merge at the end of it. EVERYONE was sitting in the inside lane and not merging so as you do i went up to the cones to merge. As i was driving up at around 30 (speed limit 50) a prick in an Audi swerved into the middle of the road to stop me passing him as he'd no doubt sat in the traffic. Very dangerous and the only thing stopping me going mental was the family he had in his car!

$#@!.

Back to the main subject

lol... I'd probably have done the same thing to you :p

lol... I'd probably have done the same thing to you :p

Why? It clearly states use both lanes and merge. I can't help it if i'm following the road signs.

And if i'm honest i hope it stays the same (minus the w*nker in the Audi) as it means i can avoid most of the traffic

This is one thing I won't miss about the Supra when it goes, ever since I bought it it's just been streams of people tailgating etc.

Last weekend I took the misses and little one out, driving around some nob in a Audi A4 ( with his kids in the car also) wanted to try his luck, I was on an A road single lane with blind corners, doing 60, he came past me right close to a bend and almost caused a big accident but managed to cut back in front of me before an arctic hit him!

Dick!

This is one thing I won't miss about the Supra when it goes, ever since I bought it it's just been streams of people tailgating etc.

Last weekend I took the misses and little one out, driving around some nob in a Audi A4 ( with his kids in the car also) wanted to try his luck, I was on an A road single lane with blind corners, doing 60, he came past me right close to a bend and almost caused a big accident but managed to cut back in front of me before an arctic hit him!

$#@!!

I hear you on that. If you're in towns, it's all the little Citroens or some other God awful car with a fart can on the back that tail gate you with their camera phone stuck out the window. If it's on motor ways or country roads, it's a thirty-something dad trying to relive glory days by passing you in his Mercedes.

Why? It clearly states use both lanes and merge. I can't help it if i'm following the road signs.

And if i'm honest i hope it stays the same (minus the w*nker in the Audi) as it means i can avoid most of the traffic

Yes YOU avoid the traffic, but EVERYONE ELSE has to slow down to let you in. If you queued up like everyone else the traffic would flow forward at an even rate and everyone would get to their destination quicker, not just you. This is basic traffic flow logistics, regardless of what the signs say.

The Audi driver may have been wrong doing what he did but I too would feel frustrated if I queued up only for someone else to push in at the front.

Have to go against you there also Kieran. The reason everyone is in the non-merging lane is because they have had the foresight to merge before the cones, meaning everyone is in an orderly fashion. It is the people who constantly want in from the merge lane that cause the queue to move slowly. If everyone had the same thinking as yourself you wouldn't be any further forward anyway, by leaving it to the last minute that is. I always give a thumbs up to the artics etc who stop the chancers from jumping the queue ;)

Have to go against you there also Kieran. The reason everyone is in the non-merging lane is because they have had the foresight to merge before the cones, meaning everyone is in an orderly fashion. It is the people who constantly want in from the merge lane that cause the queue to move slowly. If everyone had the same thinking as yourself you wouldn't be any further forward anyway, by leaving it to the last minute that is. I always give a thumbs up to the artics etc who stop the chancers from jumping the queue ;)

We'll agree to disagree :)

However his swerving at the last moment resulting in me effectively doing an emergency stop was not right.

We'll agree to disagree :)

However his swerving at the last moment resulting in me effectively doing an emergency stop was not right.

Oh yeah, that's not right. The times I have seen it happening has been drivers spotting chancers wayyyyyy off and pulling out :D

Almost causing an accident is grounds for a slap :)

I refuse to race.

Mostly as i have an N/A and would probably lose

When i had my TT i would only "boot it" if the car i was against was newish. I have a kind of mental happyness thing when you smash a 20k car into the ground with a 15 year old toyota.

Case in point focus ST.

i couldnt disagree more...ppl on here go on about ive got an na so wont race and all that.ive also got an na and if im honest if they want a race they will get a race! as a result ive never been smoaked of anything,my friend has a new evo 10 fq 300 and he cant leave me,same goes for my other mates sti.......i can only recall one time actualy where i was totaly nailed and that was by a 690 bhp skyline which i must say he booted it and just went.....we later pulled over hence me finding out it was 690 bhp.even on trackdays ive never been left behind so as i said i just dont get why you guys say there so slow? granted there not as fast as the turbo model i totaly understand that but the supra na in my 6 years experience is a fast car in its own right.

An unbroken 300hp Evo would leave a N/A Supra for dust. Same goes for the STi.

Unless you don't understand the concept of being left for dust?

The 0-60 times for those cars are leagues ahead of the N/A. Same goes for 0-100, 1/4 mile and top speed so at which point aren't you being left? Because you are "only" a second and a half behind after 1/4 of a mile? In fact the 1/4 mile times of those cars standard will be similar to a run of the mill BPU Supra (13ish seconds).

An unbroken 300hp Evo would leave a N/A Supra for dust. Same goes for the STi.

Unless you don't understand the concept of being left for dust?

The 0-60 times for those cars are leagues ahead of the N/A. Same goes for 0-100, 1/4 mile and top speed so at which point aren't you being left? Because you are "only" a second and a half behind after 1/4 of a mile? In fact the 1/4 mile times of those cars standard will be similar to a run of the mill BPU Supra (13ish seconds).

ok ill make it clearer and ill use the evo as an example only as ive spent the most amount of time out with it.its a 2009 evo 10 fq300 totaly standard

of the lights were about the same i put that down to i always get good starts with being rwd and he struggles

60mph to 130mph he might pull a car length or so either way hes got the edge

130mph to flat out totaly the same as in side by side.

ive no reason to lie and we had tried this maybe 20 times so no luck involved...my car runs 14.3 quarters (slip on here) but people have said on here looking at the slip i could drop in to the 13's (i dont agree)

Ha ha god love supra net.........i had this when i mentioned wht my car did on the quarter "no way it does that" "sure you aint got noz" "prove it" so i did and no one said anything...id get a vid of the evo thing again, as no one belives anything on here im starting to work out however think it would not go down well with the local authorities! can see a couple of 172's coming my way if i did and it wouldnt be the first time.

lol ...this is funny and true... have the same thing happen 2 me all the time. ...last friday i drove from worcester to crawley, i first had a guy in a clio sport ,trying 2 race me. so i put my foot down and went for it..but unfortunately i was carrying my girlfriend who actually was crying so had 2 slow down, so lucky for the guy in the clio, then had some guy in a rx8,,i just ignored him....and the funniest of all was a guy and his mate in a rover 25, i was def not wasting fuel for this lol, if he tried 2 keep up his headgasket would of probably be gone..lol