The mkiv Supra Owners Club

(Rant) Europeans snapping up our cars.

j_jza80

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the tuners in Japan are thinking the same about us snapping up all the good examples of there older high perfomance cars and leaving them with very little to play with.

Pretty soon there wont be any of the older cars left in Japan.

I was reading an artical in a magazine that was saying that soon the tuning company's in Japan will stop developing new tuning parts as there are not many of the older Performance car's left.

I sold my old UK spec to a French buyer because nobody over here was willing to pay the asking price! He came over with a bag of cash, never questioned the price and drove it home. Thing is, if somebody over here had offered the money I would have taken it - nobody did. Cash is king. At the end of the day, its as easy for us to drive over there when their economy hits the sh1tter and buy them back for peanuts!!

I was reading an artical in a magazine that was saying that soon the tuning company's in Japan will stop developing new tuning parts as there are not many of the older Performance car's left.

It must have been an old magazine! Japanese tuning companies have been discontinuing parts for the Supra for many years, it's been quite few years since a new part specifically for the Supra was launched by any of the big names.

It must have been an old magazine! Japanese tuning companies have been discontinuing parts for the Supra for many years, it's been quite few years since a new part specifically for the Supra was launched by any of the big names.

Such a shame :( But there's obviously very little domestic market for such things.

I told everyone "you used to be able to get a TT6 for £6k+" but nooooo. Everyone disagreed. A TT6 on average will now cost £9-10k. They've gone up in value.

There should be a rule that UK spec cars should be banned from being exported depending on a population threshold.

And the end of the day, if someone doesn't want to pay the price I've set, then that's tough luck and they can look elsewhere. They are just saying that it should cost less because they want to pay the price they have in mind. In the real world, it doesn't work like that.

And the end of the day, if someone doesn't want to pay the price I've set, then that's tough luck and they can look elsewhere. They are just saying that it should cost less because they want to pay the price they have in mind. In the real world, it doesn't work like that.

Ummm....in the real world, you will only get the price someone is willing to pay, or you get no sale :)

The only rant i have is emails from either here or abroad that are so badly written it really makes you wonder why they bothered.

I don't mean because of a language problem either.

I have no issues with anyone from France etc buying my car and it's up to me if im prepared to accept some of the ridiculous offers i've received.