The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gold Rush - Big Twins

Rob_Mitchell

got some bits back from the chromers, i had the 2 cam pulley bolts chromed and the back plate chromed. the 2 cam pulleys i had gold plated and im over the moon with how they came out they look really nice.

might sell my whiffbitz pulley set and have a stock pulley set done in gold plate to match the cams but not sure just yet.

excuse the rubbish pictures

attachment.php?attachmentid=125576&stc=1&d=1295435350

attachment.php?attachmentid=125577&stc=1&d=1295435350

attachment.php?attachmentid=125578&stc=1&d=1295435350

attachment.php?attachmentid=125579&stc=1&d=1295435350

attachment.php?attachmentid=125580&stc=1&d=1295435350

DSC00354.jpg

DSC00355.jpg

DSC00356.jpg

DSC00357.jpg

DSC00358.jpg

Edited by Rob_Mitchell (see edit history)

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liking the back plate for the cams, will probably go for a set of Paul's cams & pulleys myself but the stock ones look 1000 times better like that.

Nice work mate.

yeah i dont really need adjustable cams at the moment, so these will have to do. im really happy, my brain has kicked into gear and idea's have been flowing all day, so keep an eye out for some tasty goodies.

Looks nice and clean mate.

Know where to send my bits when I get round to a rebuild!! ;) Lol.

Are you building the engine then or getting Lee to do it?

bottom end looks very very good, not doing a great deal with the head but im going to put some new valve stem oil seals in. might get lee to drop some stage 1 cams in when i get the engine together.

I think this will be a cracking project. Has gold plating been done on a supra before?

my na has a fair bit of gold plate. i just want to take my time with this build and make every area special. i know gold aint to everyone's taste but against the orange paintwork and chrome there is no better combination.

thanks for taking an interest matt.

still cant move the big nut but ill keep trying. But i got the 6 allen head bolts out and got the pulley off so i decided to mirror polish the face and im also going to do the back lip as its in view.

once i get this bitch of a centre bolt off, ill send it off to the gold platers along with the rusty 6 allen head bolts. Going to be one bling'd up crank pulley :cool:

attachment.php?attachmentid=125653&stc=1&d=1295540126

DSC00362.jpg

Edited by Rob_Mitchell (see edit history)

Looking good rob mate :thumbs:

This will be one pretty engine by the time you've finished with it I reckon!!

Just hope you have enough energy left to pop round and help me finish mine off! ;) Lol.

Very impressive stuff mate.

cheers guys for the comments.

yeah its going to look nice mate so should make a nice coffee table till my turbo kit funds build up again. got to order some bits from whiffbits next week so i can carry on at a good pace.

Been really busy today at work with mot's and servicing but i did manage to get the lexan sparkplug cover all masked up and the lower 2 covers are all ready for something special.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=125796&stc=1&d=1295623870

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=125797&stc=1&d=1295623870

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=125798&stc=1&d=1295623870

ooo i do like that alot mate, going to need sunglasses to look at your engine soon lol, great work Rob

ooo i do like that alot mate, going to need sunglasses to look at your engine soon lol, great work Rob

thats what its about! lol always love looking at complete chromed engine's and most are over sea's, so i will give it my best shot. The thing i like is attention to detail and little touche's.

anyway update

i managed to box up a few things for the platers to work there magic on, going to get lee at srd to polish my lower runners top and bottom as there not a nice thing to polish and i know he does a lovely job too so he can have that headache.

Thats the bling for a while sorted, so im going to try and get the head stripped, valves cleaned, and rebuilt with new valve stems ect..

thats what its about! lol always love looking at complete chromed engine's and most are over sea's, so i will give it my best shot. The thing i like is attention to detail and little touche's.

anyway update

i managed to box up a few things for the platers to work there magic on, going to get lee at srd to polish my lower runners top and bottom as there not a nice thing to polish and i know he does a lovely job too so he can have that headache.

Thats the bling for a while sorted, so im going to try and get the head stripped, valves cleaned, and rebuilt with new valve stems ect..

Looking good rob mate :thumbs:

Will no doubt be a work of art once you've finished with it mate. ;)

Interested to see what your plans are for the Lexan spark plug cover mate, keep up the great work! :)