The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gold Rush - Big Twins

Rob_Mitchell

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still no engine just yet but started polishing a spare air-con pump which ill use on the build. I did the top half just to see what it will look like and i did the bolt heads too.

still got the middle and back of the pump left but im happy so far, should look cool.

attachment.php?attachmentid=125175&d=1294669602

attachment.php?attachmentid=125176&d=1294669602

attachment.php?attachmentid=125177&d=1294669602

attachment.php?attachmentid=125178&d=1294669602

attachment.php?attachmentid=125180&d=1294669602

DSC00366.jpg

DSC00365.jpg

DSC00368.jpg

DSC00369.jpg

DSC00372.jpg

Edited by Littler (see edit history)

what do you mean just use the bracket john? i think im going to ditch the air con. do i need a shorter auxillary belt??

yes, you need this belt http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=6PK1865&aq=f

lots of people insist on using half of the front of the pump casing as a bracket to support the Power steering pump,

it realy isnt needed, as the PAS has a big bracket & bolted to the engine.

heres a thread which will make it easier to understand http://www.driftworks.com/forum/technical/130965-1jz-belt-non-air-con.html

what do you mean just use the bracket john? i think im going to ditch the air con. do i need a shorter auxillary belt??

Take the front off the pump Rob cut the sticky out bit off that the pulley sits on chuck the back part of the pump and the bit you cut off in the bin.

You will need the front of the pump as it supports the PAS pump unless you move your alternator to the other side that is.

Yep you'll need a shorter belt. Aparently gates only do an A/C delete belt if you have a Titan crank pulley fitted.

It's a piece of cake rob you've already had the pump apart to polish the front. Just take it apart again and your laughing mate.

yeah cool ok mate ill have a go, not ready for that bit yet but atleast i know now.

attachment.php?attachmentid=125377&stc=1&d=1295088361

im going to have a word with a man i know who makes anything on his CNC machine and have something custom, as long as the 3 points to bolt are there it should be fine.

009-16.jpg

Edited by Rob_Mitchell (see edit history)

yeah cool ok mate ill have a go, not ready for that bit yet but atleast i know now.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=125377&stc=1&d=1295088361

im going to have a word with a man i know who makes anything on his CNC machine and have something custom, as long as the 3 points to bolt are there it should be fine.

Holy shiney bits Batman, now that's some engine. I recognize that garage, could it be. No it couldn't, could it??????

searching the web for inspiration and ideas, plus talking to john (hodge) alot for ideas and input.

well i think im going to keep things simple- black hoses and black connectors as opposed to the red/blue which is seen alot.

now the aim

attachment.php?attachmentid=125503&stc=1&d=1295296825

be a bit more chrome but you get the idea plus i know what to aim for now.

work should start tomorrow as i will be getting the engine and head delivered plus a few bits back from the gold platers fingers crossed.

melb3.jpg

got the balanced bottom end today (and it literally is balancing for now while the oil drains)

going to crack on with the head first and get it looking mint and rebuilt, then ill move down to the bottom end for a splash of fresh paint (black)

luckily it still has the unorthadox crank pully on or is it boost logic??, i think it is anyway? so ill prob use this again and get it all cleaned up.

attachment.php?attachmentid=125535&stc=1&d=1295359227

attachment.php?attachmentid=125536&stc=1&d=1295359227

attachment.php?attachmentid=125537&stc=1&d=1295359227

attachment.php?attachmentid=125538&stc=1&d=1295359227

attachment.php?attachmentid=125539&stc=1&d=1295359227

DSC00358.jpg

DSC00359.jpg

DSC00360.jpg

DSC00361.jpg

DSC00362.jpg

Edited by Rob_Mitchell (see edit history)

I like this part :-)

it is interesting. i want to remove the valves to clean up and put new valves stem oil seals in, going to have to lap the valves in once done but im a bit confused on the shimming process? surely it wont be out much. ill have to get myself a workshop manual and check autodata tomorrow.

Hey rob mate.

Not sure how I missed this thread?! ;) best of luck mate and as others have said, if you need an extra pair of hands, you know where I am! :)

Looking good so far mate and with your impeccable taste and fussyness, it should look awesome when it's all done. :thumbs:

Just hope you have enough time to help finish my bay off! Lol.

Will watch with interest as it's a cool idea IMHO.

Pete