The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Parrys NA-TT(BPU) Project

Parry_10

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did some work on the car today. Relocated the ps resevoir and mounted a 10row oil cooler for the power steering system with the kit I bought off hodge and fitted my chromed suspension rings and rad clamps. I also got rid of the air con rad and lines just need to take the pump out now but ran out of time. Will be stripping more bits off the bay to fit more polished parts and my new hoses and intercooler joiners in the next few days.

IMG00900-20120421-1253.jpg

IMG00901-20120421-1614.jpg

IMG00902-20120421-1614.jpg

started to strip down the engine bay this morning and fit some more shiny bits- vac pipes and top water neck:) went out and got new jubilee clips for my new hoses which are coming tomorrow. Took my old pulleys off and was going to put the new ones on but I wanted to get the nuts polished and then ran out of time so that will be done tomorrow. Hoping to have all the bits done and back together by thursday. Also sprayed my turbo heat shield while it was easy to remove.

IMG00911-20120424-1159.jpg

IMG00913-20120424-1219.jpg

IMG00914-20120424-1330.jpg

Edited by Parry_10 (see edit history)

more progress- most of the white hoses fitted and more shiny bits:D got the aux tensoiner polished as well and pulleys on not far off now...

Well until today I I have decided to take the engine out, de clutter the back of the bay and have that sprayed white and the whole bay re doing as the only way to get a perfect finish in the engine bay is to spray it with the engine out, also while the engine is out im going to get brake and clutch master cylinder polished the turbo pipe at the back, alternator casing, water pump basically what ever you can see I will get polished lol and it will all be ready for japfest:blink: lol.

I want to look at the engine bay and think I cant possibly do anymore to it to make it any better, it will never look as good as a bay with a single turbo and an aftermarket intake plenum but it will be the best it can be for a bpu supra:cool:

IMG00917-20120425-1108.jpg

IMG00924-20120427-1806.jpg

IMG00921-20120426-1618.jpg

its looking holy awesome for "just" a BPU supra, i mean dude come on, its not "just" a bpu supra anymore, that things an animal with the looks to kill!

cheers bud, I have set a target to have the engine and box out tues morning before I go to uni in the afternoon going to be a rush getting it done for japfest but it WILL be ready:D

stop messing yourself about and get it single'd man! :D you know your gonna ;) looks the nuts though matey. hope to see it in the flesh

will be singled this winter mate, if your going japfest you can see it in the flesh there;) looking forward to seeing alot of supras this year so many nice supras in the club

Perfection! Its not all about Big single's mate. That bay is a work of art. The hoses have improved it beyond belief.

Can I say something though, Chrome bonnet stay! ;)

Thanks bud, the bay is only half finished wait until 1-2 weeks time then I will be happy im really going all out on it now. Im taking the bonnet stay off mate otherwise of course it would be chromed:)

few more updates, got my clutch and brake master cylinder polished, started to get more anal on smoothing the bay more:rolleyes: deleted the air con system, while the engine was out I noticed it had an oil leak from the sump and a slight leak at the camshaft seals so I changed those and removed both parts of the sump and cleaned them up and re sealed it all.

Will get new water pump and cambelt kit on tomorrow and the rest of the engine bits maybe.

1 week to go until japfest to have it all done and back together and ive still got to underseal the car yet lol:D

IMG00951-20120504-1833.jpg

IMG00947-20120504-1740.jpg

IMG00946-20120504-1740.jpg

IMG00945-20120504-1507.jpg

IMG00944-20120504-1457.jpg

IMG00942-20120504-1147.jpg