The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project Supracharger

David P

This water/meth Gremlin has been irritating me for plenty long enough now and armed with wiring diagrams, I've been out in the rain and attacked it from all directions.

For the umpteenth time I've checked, tested, remade and retested all the wiring for no change.

Damp and grumpy, :think: (Drampy) I paused for a brew and a fag. :drag:

Dryer jumper and calmer karma later, I stopped worrying the worn out wiring diagrams and re-ran memory of this gauntlet, recalling that the earth signal feed to the MF2 was too noisy from the coil and needed to be taken from no. 1 injector pulse.

The earth for the water pressure valve was soldered to a 35 amp common ground I'm using for all the aftermarket electrickery which is mounted at the ECU earth fixing and all is A.O.K. happy and working on it.

Remembering the noisy coil earth signal Gremlin, :think: I rewired the valve earth direct to the battery and BINGO. :yahoo:

Top Tip.

If you install one of these contraptions, locate components close to the battery taking pump positive and all negatives directly from the poles. :shrug:

The list is running out. :)

Build/swap transmission and change the w/m pipe whilst under there :think: and I'm there.

The plugs I can change the day before mapping. :)

Edited by David P (see edit history)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:goodpost::notworthy

An effeminate preemption of your favorite tune, :think: or maybe an old Jedi mind-trick. :D

I've been thinking through the ting-ting thing. :think:

The ports on the Autobahn flange required extensive reworking to match the ports on the head, with no.6 being the worst fit and I'm suspicious the ting-tings are exhaust gas pulses "twanging" the multi-layer stainless-steel gasket.

I'm geared up to build and fit the transmission on Saturday and have booked the remap for 9th October. :)

Before

attachment.php?attachmentid=175351&d=1380120317

After

attachment.php?attachmentid=121936&d=1277338668

After missing a night's sleep I've had a full on day bathing in A.T.F. and no pics were taken, too busy, too tired and too blathered to play with the camera too.

The Hybrid with the dodgy modified valve-body is out and stripped for the line-pressure cable, actuator components and bell-housing, then using the transmission from Turtles T.T. paired with the valve-body from my original N/A and the bell housing from the previous transmission, one Hybrid is then built and installed, the workshop floor was more like an abattoir.

I've beefed-up the actuator springs by mixing and pairing from my growing collection and now have the fastest and firmest first to second gear-change yet. :)

This new flavour Hybrid is awesome, first to second and second to third changes are instant and firm, third to fourth is instant yet softer, I could jack up it's actuator to match the others, yet I'm happy for fourth gear to arrive discreetly by the speed I need it.

The engine is pulling well up to around 5.5k before crackle popping and with the now working water/meth system quenching my late gear-changes, :innocent: on my way back from Santa Pod, I've taken a couple of video-clips.

New Hybrid in action :)

My Stuka has a machine gun :D

Thank you to David P for the passenger ride in that 'kin awesome piece of machinery he's created!

That thing goes like STINK!

I don't need to watch the video's. I experienced it in real life today.

Total bloody monster!

Thank you. :)

It's a curiously different kettle of nails that scratches an itch you never knew you had and is more addictive than drugs. :think:

The project is beginning to show it's potential now, I'm looking forwards to D Day on the 9th.

Only the plugs to change and whilst in that neck of the woods there's an engine mount that needs replacing then it's ready enough.

Looks like a flying machine now Dave. That gearbox changes so much better than the last one!

Added to the mended-manifold, the working water/meth, the improved supercharger-flange and pulley tuning, the project has moved forwards leaps and bounds.

It has changed a lot since you had a go in it, there's now more power and this transmission is laying it down better, it's nearly perfick. :)

Glad to see you've made good progress, Mr P. What's the next on the list?

Thank you, did that 2 posts ago, keep up johnny. ;)

The project is beginning to show it's potential now, I'm looking forwards to D Day on the 9th.

Only the plugs to change and whilst in that neck of the woods there's an engine mount that needs replacing then it's ready enough.

Whatever it maps at this time will be around it's peak capability.

Doing as I'm told for the final tweak.

Also being a good boy and trundling around without boost, I've zipped it up once in second gear :innocent: and with these new plugs it pulled to over 6k rpm without waking up the rear gunner. :)

I'm expecting massive results! ;) 14.3 is top na time be interested to see the difference!

Good look mate

Good luck tomorrow, looking forward to the results.

I'm expecting massive results! ;) 14.3 is top na time be interested to see the difference!

Good look mate

Thanks for the thoughts, just about to go and reduce it to numbers. :)

About time there was another list for boosted N/A's.