The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project Supracharger

David P

Awesome to meet you yesterday mate and have a ride in the charger itself. Rapid!

Good to meet you too and put a phizog to your handle. :)

Pleased to give you a trundle, attachment.php?attachmentid=162647&d=1357833293 it's a machine apart from other Supra's that needs to be ridden to be understood.

Daisy will love it. ;)

Edited by David P (see edit history)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you. :)

Dan made a damn good choice of angles missing out the bits skippy wouldn't like, but the Old Girl still scrubs up, I thought you liked it dirty Noz? :D

I didn't get a chance to fit the coil-packs at the weekend, so did another little job I've been meaning to do and swapped back to an N/A PAS reservoir, it could do with an OE hose yet it's tidier and makes space to get at things that need to be got at, curiously, the steering feels a little "nicer" for it too.

attachment.php?attachmentid=181256&d=1393283102

R 005.JPG

Thank you. :)

Income from sale of the T.T. PAS res and fittings and a few other bits has been reinvested in an AEM 30-2710 Peak & Hold Injector Driver. :)

This will be a nice little upgrade for the fuel system and/so more electrickery goes onto the list.

For those curious, works remaining to completion of project are kept up-to-date in green text in the Labyrinth.

(Library pic)

attachment.php?attachmentid=181624&d=1393697602

• 2 weeks later...

My plan was to celebrate this first decent weather by sorting a couple of jobs that weren't even on the list, however, without Workshop facilities Saturday was wasted with an aborted effort trying to raise the suspension height.

Sunny :cool: Sunday fared a little better, I gave the Old Girl a spring bath and fiddly-fitted the front Jaguar pre-rad with a particular assimilated section of Renault hose that has a clitellum mounted bleed-screw and a convenient bend. :slap:

Mice and men yet one small step forwards.

attachment.php?attachmentid=181935&d=1394463112

IMG_4584.JPG

Now that the weather's warm enough for me to remove and replace the rear panel without the clips snapping off I've wired in the new solar panel, it fits a treat and remains below line of sight.

This featherweight 4.5w unit prevents my little Odyssey Racing 30 battery from being drained by the alarm system. :cool:

attachment.php?attachmentid=182024&d=1394636607

Have reduced external dimensions of the throttle-body adaptor-block and found space amongst the origami to drill and tap fittings for a cables mount-bracket.

Treated it to a tidy looking pair of black silicone nipples too. :slap:

attachment.php?attachmentid=182023&d=1394636607

IMG_4594-008.JPG

IMG_4593-001.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Adding an injector-driver to the electickery-equation has altered my game plan.

Part of the loom I need to get at is under the charge-cooler and this unit will mount where the single coil presently is, so may as well fit at the same time as coil-packs.

Normally I would avoid changing more than one "thing" at a time, yet willing to take the risk to halve my stoop-time which in turn halves the spine torture.

To ease the wind-up from two-handed extended-stoop alfresco electrickergarmi, I've built a loom ready to splice in.

Cozy sit down inside job for a change

attachment.php?attachmentid=182603&d=1395758198

Plugged at one end & ready to play at the others

attachment.php?attachmentid=182604&d=1395758198

IMG_4597.JPG

IMG_4598.JPG

It will be soon I hope. :)

Pacifying my itch by getting the electrickobits as plug & playable as I can, in readiness for a patch of warmer and less draughty weather to play outside with my soldering iron.

The bending required is the worst thing for my back, so waiting for a "right" time for the job.

I'm still looking for an MA70-GTE CPS, if anyone knows where one might be gathering dust, please let me know.

I'm still looking for a 7M-GTE CPS, if anyone knows where one might be gathering dust, please let me know.

I used to own one of those but it's probably still bolted to the car I sold.

I'll keep an eye out for one. ;)

Have you tried a Chiropractor or stretching your back yet by hanging on a bar?

Edited by Morpheus
Corrected engine name. (see edit history)

Thank you.

After hanging on a bar one evening I did try a Chiropractor, yet that was before I had a bad back. :D

It's degenerative and it's degenerating, if I keep on the move and avoid twisting I'm good for half a day, but if I stand still for a few minutes it's game over.

Standing still whilst stooping and using both hands is the worst combo, especially when it's cold, damp and draughty, I'll be more mobile when it's warmer.

Thank you.

After hanging on a bar one evening I did try a Chiropractor, yet that was before I had a bad back. :D

It's degenerative and it's degenerating, if I keep on the move and avoid twisting I'm good for half a day, but if I stand still for a few minutes it's game over.

Standing still whilst stooping and using both hands is the worst combo, especially when it's cold, damp and draughty, I'll be more mobile when it's warmer.

Sounds like osteoporosis. Maybe take calcium and magnesium supplements? (That include vitamin D to aid absorbsion, obviously).

Liquid Colloidal minerals are sposed to be the best. I have a book on it. Check out Joel Wallach's stuff on Yourtube while you're resting.

Offered up the JDL copy bonnet extension and it's such a snug fit that I've left it there for now to see if it keeps the wipers onto the screen.

attachment.php?attachmentid=182810&d=1396122686

It compliments the body lines nicely.

attachment.php?attachmentid=182811&d=1396122686

Will be pleased to loose the wiper spoilers.

attachment.php?attachmentid=182812&d=1396122686

The easy to sand filler I used to face the assembly holes is like a Whisper Bar inside and the little air bubbles have expanded with heat and blistered.

When the extension goes on, I'll grind any filler out and use resin gel coat Skippy. :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=182813&d=1396122686

lip 003.JPG

lip 004.JPG

lip 007.JPG

lip 012.JPG