The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project Supracharger

David P

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very dangerous! Please put the two removed wheels and tyres under the car once it's on the stands as a secondary support, if anything slips they will still support the car. I mean one wheel atop the other, unless you are remarkably skinny. So that's 9 minus how many lives now? :)

My tyres are too wide to fit under but that's no excuse, I won't be making that mistake again. :blush:

I thought I'd already used up my "9", maybe God is on my side after all? :think:

Wow! That was a lucky escape! It's because of things like this why I'm always wary of working underneath cars. The main thing is that you're ok and not received any injuries :)

I'm fine, I've wrestled with Bob's drive many times, it's that or nowt, but today's January afternoon pit-stop diff-swap crossed the line.

I'm lucky that my brain is connected to my ear-sight, which has allowed me to become a little wiser and older too.

Dammit! Was there any damage to the car?!

Amazingly no!

The collapsed axle-stand laid flat against the bottom of the car with the bent leg buried into the drive, there's a scratch on the subframe.

The car bellied out onto the loose stone which formed a Supra-mould, I wiped some dust off the bottom of the brake discs and that was it.

All's well that ends well. :amen:

Slab of wood on the gravel, axle stand on the wood, car on the stand. Lucky lucky man!!! Now go and buy me a lotto ticket!!

Never had this problem before, maybe the ground below has turned into a bog, after all, today is a Friday 13th. :shrug:

You've reminded me that I bought a ticket this week for today, stranger things have happened, I'll let you know. :)

I've been struck by lightening three times, but never in the same place twice! :think:

Edited by David P (see edit history)

Blimey David!! :blink:

I am sure you will be thanking your lucky stars tonight. That could have ended very badly!! Glad though that you are safe fella.

Maybe she doesn't like you tickling her belly?!

I'll be counting them in the Lottery results later, I hope.

She doesn't like being dicked with on rough ground in January, because neither do I, :think: I must try harder. :whip:

Safer still if I could get the car on the lift, or even merely onto concrete, but any decent surface is buried under dead cars.

The ground under the drive has turned into a bog, lets hope it soon firms up with permafrost, because I can't see it drying out for some time.

Further-to the deliveries not delivered and continued entertainment of C.W. ;)

The undelivered valve-body returned to U.S. by Parcel Farce was last tracked 21/12/12 and hasn't been heard of since. :(

Date Time Location Tracking Event

21-12-2012 20:54 International Hub Received and processed

21-12-2012 20:51 International Hub Received and processed

20-12-2012 13:54 National Hub Received and processed

17-12-2012 20:03 National Hub Received and processed

17-12-2012 15:41 Leicester Central Depot Forwarded for processing

15-12-2012 08:33 Leicester Central Depot Unable to deliver - require sender's instruction

15-12-2012 08:33 Leicester Central Depot Held in depot for redelivery

14-12-2012 12:10 Leicester Central Depot Address problem - insufficient address

13-12-2012 22:29 Leicester Central Depot Loaded to vehicle for delivery

13-12-2012 17:58 Leicester Central Depot Delivery attempted

12-12-2012 23:55 Leicester Central Depot Loaded to vehicle for delivery

12-12-2012 23:14 Leicester Central Depot Received at delivery depot

12-12-2012 16:57 National Hub Received and processed

12-12-2012 15:32 International Hub Forwarded for UK processing

12-12-2012 15:30 International Hub Received in destination country

08-12-2012 13:07 Delivery Agent - LOS ANGELES AMU Forwarded for export

08-12-2012 13:07 Delivery Agent - LOS ANGELES AMU Forwarded for export

06-12-2012 16:23 Delivery Agent - UNITED STATES AMERICA Collected from customer

My new tyre has been lost by City Link, it tracks as delivered, but it wasn't and it isn't my signature. :(

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=gmail&attid=0.1.1&thid=13c488744c1143bb&mt=application/pdf&url=https://mail.google.com/mail/ca/?ui%3D2%26ik%3D199ae3679f%26view%3Datt%26th%3D13c488744c1143bb%26attid%3D0.1.1%26disp%3Dsafe%26zw&sig=AHIEtbTEqodMzg-ti681WLNRIWQmEGw_KQ

Parcel Farce have managed to deliver a USPS packet without a Robbing Tax Hoods ransom note. :)

However, the 3.6" pulley ordered in early December wasn't inside, a hub has been sent by mistake. :(

Seven weeks I waited for this portion of incompetence, it won't be needed until after the present Ice-Age has passed, but a good job I ordered early. :shrug:

attachment.php?attachmentid=163224&d=1358611337

HUB 001.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

It turns out the valve-body that was scanned and recorded by Parcel Farce as returned to U.S. 5 weeks ago and has been untraceable since, has turned up. :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=163608&d=1359306634

I'll collect it tomorrow, I hope.

The tyre delivery by City-Link, I have found in the back garden of an empty house number 5 in a village 2 miles way, the driver had abandoned it there and falsified my signature. :shrug:

Still no answer to my emails from the man who can't tell the difference between a hub and a pulley, but now two out of three wind-ups better off. :zen:

snowwwww 007.JPG

Edited by David P (see edit history)

It turns out the valve-body that was scanned and recorded by Parcel Farce as returned to U.S. 5 weeks ago and has been untraceable since, has turned up. :)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=163608&d=1359306634

I'll collect it tomorrow, I hope.

The tyre delivery by City-Link, I have found in the back garden of an empty house number 5 in a village 2 miles way, the driver had abandoned it there and falsified my signature. :shrug:

Still no answer to my emails from the man who can't tell the difference between a hub and a pulley, but now two out of three wind-ups better off. :zen:

Don't worry David; these things are just sent to test us. :D

Btw, do you make a habit of trawling through everyone's back garden within a two mile radius for your missing parcels or did you get a 'tip' off? :D

Edited by Morpheus (see edit history)

Seen it. :)

There are 2 types of electric supercharger that actually do work, one gives constant boost yet requires a silly amount of batteries and the other gives a 2 second blast which can be used to spool-up a turbo and reduce the lag.

Having built 5 custom electric R.C. monster trucks, I think brushless motors are the way to go as they can do 150k rpm with a few lithium ions and have silly torque.

Enough talk of silliness though.

Don't worry David; these things are just sent to test us. :D

Btw, do you make a habit of trawling through everyone's back garden within a two mile radius for your missing parcels or did you get a 'tip' off? :D

Just desperation caused by *uckwit delivery drivers, I searched every property no. 5 within a 3 mile radius. :shrug:

The valve-body is continuing it's wind-up, not only do Yanks need teaching to address packages properly, they also need wrapping lessons too. :shrug:

I found a chunk of aluminium inside the box and outside of the envelope, the casting is broken and the pan filter squashed flat.

attachment.php?attachmentid=163710&d=1359451548

attachment.php?attachmentid=163711&d=1359451548

attachment.php?attachmentid=163712&d=1359451548

attachment.php?attachmentid=163713&d=1359451548

attachment.php?attachmentid=163714&d=1359451548

attachment.php?attachmentid=163717&d=1359451820

attachment.php?attachmentid=163715&d=1359451820

attachment.php?attachmentid=163716&d=1359451820

valve-body 002.JPG

valve-body 003.JPG

valve-body 005.JPG

valve-body 007.JPG

valve-body 008.JPG

valve-body 009.JPG

valve-body 010.JPG

valve-body 011.JPG

Thanks for the link Morph. :thumbs:

I haven't even given the unit a full inspection yet, I have trapped a nerve in my back between my shoulders, it's like sciatica down my right arm and I'm in a right old mess at the mo. :(

It's only an oil spout, maybe it could live without it, or repair with the liquid metal I used inside the rocker cover which has proven to bond efficiently.

I'll look see when I feel up to it.

Thanks for the link Morph. :thumbs:

I haven't even given the unit a full inspection yet, I have trapped a nerve in my back between my shoulders, it's like sciatica down my right arm and I'm in a right old mess at the mo. :(

It's only an oil spout, maybe it could live without it, or repair with the liquid metal I used inside the rocker cover which has proven to bond efficiently.

I'll look see when I feel up to it.

Get yerself to a Chiropractor for a checkup from the neck up or if you prefer a bit of DIY, hang upside down to stretch your spine. Pulling really hard on a gate post or pole might help too, to stretch the scapulae apart and pull on the ribs.

What were you doing when the pain started?