The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bailey's single build thread

Bailey.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are u raising boost too, what cams have u got mate? What are u hoping to make,'pm me if u want?

Got HKS 264's with HKS pullies. I want to try and get it to about 1.6 ish, or maybe more. Depends on what happens when mapping. I have a figure of around 650 that I want but would be happy with anything over 600 to be honest.

It's going in for all the work but won't be mapping for a bit as the car is in storage through winter. Will prob get it done in the spring, again depends really on Ryan being around my way to get it mapped.

Picked up the kit today, over the moon With it, freKin huge turbo! Want to say a big thank you to dude,'lovely setup down there mate, and a lovely bunch of guys too! Look forward to pinching Tom for a couple of days, lol, see you again soon when it is all up and running!

here is some pics guys, first the car, followed by the kit........

[ATTACH]119312[ATTACH]

freshers022.jpg

freshers125.jpg

just after the compression test

freshers300.jpg

just got back after the 15 hour drive, need a cuppa

freshers314.jpg

Greddy manifold

freshers317.jpg

Greddy 50mm wastegate

freshers321.jpg

mr t88

freshers326.jpg

The kit

freshers327.jpg

freshers311.jpg

veilside evolution exhaust, got enrolled....

freshers094.jpg

Edited by Bailey. (see edit history)

As I've not driven a single turbz supra before and i need to know A little about traction, when do people make traction, 2nd gear? 3rd gear?? At the moment I have standard uk 17's with 255 rear tyres, I'm just a bit concerned about wether I need to upgrade my wheels to a wider set???

As I've not driven a single turbz supra before and i need to know A little about traction, when do people make traction, 2nd gear? 3rd gear?? At the moment I have standard uk 17's with 255 rear tyres, I'm just a bit concerned about wether I need to upgrade my wheels to a wider set???

with 255 tyres on the rear in a single turbo car i'd say you'll stuggle for traction in 1st, 2nd and 3rd....

with 255 tyres on the rear in a single turbo car i'd say you'll stuggle for traction in 1st, 2nd and 3rd....

Well pleased with the kit bud,3rd, really,Christ! What tyres sizes are on yours James? Thanks for replying, thought I was the only one on the forum the last couple of days;-(

Well pleased with the kit bud,3rd, really,Christ! What tyres sizes are on yours James? Thanks for replying, thought I was the only one on the forum the last couple of dates;-(

Plant your foot and you'll spin in 3rd probably even 4th at some silly speeds. Throw in a bit of rain and that's when it really gets fun.

T88 is lazy, they dont hit in hard, my old red one was great on traction even at 1.8 bar.

335 rears will fit under the stock arches with the right wheels, have a search on supraforum.

Good to here that, want to be eased into the single experience gently, if ever such a thing!

Got to completely disagree with that mate :) It's a fairly late spooling turbo and most of the torque will only be available in late rpm range, it'll not need the masses of traction the modern turbo's need. Even on a T67dbb setup a set of GY F1's will stick fine in 3rd and only give a bit of spin in 2nd.

It's not the width that adds traction (in any real degree), its a combination of the compliance and compound. Suspension setup plays no small degree either.

Cold weather is approaching though, which change the goalposts completely.

Got to completely disagree with that mate :) It's a fairly late spooling turbo and most of the torque will only be available in late rpm range, it'll not need the masses of traction the modern turbo's need. Even on a T67dbb setup a set of GY F1's will stick fine in 3rd and only give a bit of spin in 2nd.

It's not the width that adds traction (in any real degree), its a combination of the compliance and compound. Suspension setup plays no small degree either.

Cold weather is approaching though, which change the goalposts completely.

Fair enough Darryl you've got much more experience ;)

On my set up, using 275 rears, my wheels are spinning in the first 3 gears on wot. But as u say the T88 might more forgiving.

Completely agree its the sidewall profile, and shape, that will make a big difference. A stretched on rear tyre is going to give next to no traction v a big soft sidewall :)

Edited by Jamesy (see edit history)

Right guys, as I'm doing a online tax return it doesn't have to be in untill the 31st of January, wahoooooooo! So taking full advantage of this and getting the rest of my single parts from whifbitz,I will put full spec up and let your thoughts known if I've missed anything major

-greddy t88 turbo kit

-750cc low impendence drop in injectors

-dual walbro fuel pumps

-3inch rsr exhaust

-greddy fmic

-hks fcon v pro management

-blitz dual solinoid boost controller

-aem wideband

-competition clutch and ultralite flywheel

-whifbitz 264 cams

-new water and oil pumps

-new bottom pulley???????

-new belts

-new whibitz pulley kit

-titan cam gears

-black aeroquip fittings and lines(fuel)

-black aeroquip turbo oil lines

-new plugs

-new coil pack clips

-2x rocker gaskets

-defi black face boost/egt/oil pressure/oil temp

-exhaust gaskets(manifold and turbo)

-k&n filter, fuel and oil filter

So really unsure on breather system, don't know wether to go with a dual or single feed setup???

Also unsure on bottom pulley wether to get oem or updated????

Why are you going for twin walbro pumps over a single bosch dude??

Spec is looking very nice now :cool: , i'd also get a new front main seal for peace of mind

Reason being I already have one walbro, so thought I would just buy another tbh. I also didn't realise one Bosch would do the job, maybe that's a better route to take!

What's the score with bottom pullies guys? Oem or uprated?

And twin or single feed catch can??

Pulleys depends on if your uprating the fans. If the pulleys are going to be on show by removing the fan shroud then definitely need uprated pulleys ;)

I think one bosch is better than twin walbro yeah. At least u know if it fails instead of one of the twins failing and not knowing which one ;)

I run a single bosch and my fuelling is fine :)

Right guys, as I'm doing a online tax return it doesn't have to be in untill the 31st of January, wahoooooooo! So taking full advantage of this and getting the rest of my single parts from whifbitz,I will put full spec up and let your thoughts known if I've missed anything major

-greddy t88 turbo kit

-750cc low impendence drop in injectors

-dual walbro fuel pumps

-3inch rsr exhaust

-greddy fmic

-hks fcon v pro management

-blitz dual solinoid boost controller

-aem wideband

-competition clutch and ultralite flywheel

-whifbitz 264 cams

-new water and oil pumps

-new bottom pulley???????

-new belts

-new whibitz pulley kit

-titan cam gears

-black aeroquip fittings and lines(fuel)

-black aeroquip turbo oil lines

-new plugs

-new coil pack clips

-2x rocker gaskets

-defi black face boost/egt/oil pressure/oil temp

-exhaust gaskets(manifold and turbo)

-k&n filter, fuel and oil filter

So really unsure on breather system, don't know wether to go with a dual or single feed setup???

Also unsure on bottom pulley wether to get oem or updated????

Hello mate,

Your list is coming along nicely! A single feed catch tank will work just fine, a bit like this one http://whifbitzperformancetuning.co.uk/toyota-supra-dress-parts-garage-whifbitz-p-2013.html

Stock Toyota pulley is what you need, again in stock if needed.

Cheers

Paul