The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bailey's single build thread

Bailey.

Hello mate,

Your list is coming along nicely! A single feed catch tank will work just fine, a bit like this one http://whifbitzperformancetuning.co.uk/toyota-supra-dress-parts-garage-whifbitz-p-2013.html

Stock Toyota pulley is what you need, again in stock if needed.

Cheers

Paul

So the only difference from the one up from this one is the aeroquip fittings?

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right I need a bit of help with clutch choice guys, im going for a competition clutch from whifbitz, they do 2 or 3 and the descriptions are different, the choices are..

http://whifbitzperformancetuning.co.uk/toyota-supra-clutches-flywheels-c-42_47_472.html?osCsid=a75f42020135d3c501863d571096599e

You'll be needing the Stage 4 6 pad sprung hub with a lightened flywheel as the clutch wont fit a stock flywheel. I can do the flywheel at a reduced price though to cater for that so its a no brainer really. We've used this clutch up to around 700bhp, which was a T88 funnily enough!

Plan to get this ordered next week at some point so things left to decide-

Competition clutch- which one?

Verniers- hks or Titan?

Belts- gates blue or oem Toyota?

I'll be releasing my own range of cam pulleys very soon if your interested?

Gates Racing belt if your changing the belt definately, we use these on our Time Attack cars and all the race engines we build.

This is the final list of bits that i will be ordereing next week for my single build, really cant wait

-Stage 4 6 pad sprung hub

-ultralite flywheel

-whifbitz 264 cams

-oem oil pump

-oen water pump

-oem bottom pulley

-gates racing aux and cam belts

-whibitz pulley kit

-black titan cam gears

-iridium plugs

-coil pack clips

-2x rocker gaskets

-2x cam seals

-oem bottom pulley

-whifbitz idler

-exhaust gaskets(manifold and turbo)

-k&n filter

-oem oil filter

-bosch o44

-whifbitz single feed catch can

:D:d:d:d:d:d:d

little update, ordering all parts from whifbitz on saterday, and hopefully be picking up in a few weeks once the aux pulleys have been anadised in graphite and there own verniers have been made.

off too sussex to see jamesy on saterday morning to pick up the fcon gold and boost controller.

If weather holds up jamesy has promised me a passanger ride in his rocket ship,,, please dont rain.....

what fittings do i need to fit a egt probe and afr probe??? what to get this done now.

little update, ordering all parts from whifbitz on saterday, and hopefully be picking up in a few weeks once the aux pulleys have been anadised in graphite and there own verniers have been made.

off too sussex to see jamesy on saterday morning to pick up the fcon gold and boost controller.

If weather holds up jamesy has promised me a passanger ride in his rocket ship,,, please dont rain.....

what fittings do i need to fit a egt probe and afr probe??? what to get this done now.

AFR gauge comes with a weld on fitting. What EFR gauge have you bought?

Should be just a case of drilling and tapping for that, have you got the screw in fitting with it?

Will have to look at it pretty sure it is just the probe with a threaded end on it, don't have anything else as it was on the car when I bought it. I emailed u back btw.

Little update, made a trip up to jamesy in sussex to pick the f con v pro gold and blitz sbc and will be sending paul at whifbitz some money tomorrow for the rest of the parts.

I have noticed alot of people when going single dont change there oil and water pumps, is this because it is a pita or is there another reason????

Is it not essential but recommended?

I would definitely change them, personally I would also get the engine rebuilt with new bearings, seals, etc. if you are looking for the best reliability possible.

Bit rash mate, tbh 90% of builds i see are on stock bottom end with no intensions of going built, i can see for some people who are paying to have the work done it would make sense to do it while the engine is out but as im doing most of the work myself and a mechanic friend its no Great shakes if something does go bad, think i would be unlucky if it did though, not going for crazy, crazy power......