The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dave's GT45 6 speed aerotop

davej705

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some new pics,not very good quality as taken on my iphone but you get the idea :)

The car looks really good in the flesh, much better than the pics, has real road presence aswell, the looks I was getting were nice too. Seems more planted in the bends now with the wider rubber. I do need to lower it a bit now though as it sits a bit higher than I want it to

Had a little play with a DB9 on the way home and got murdered, damn NA engine, roll on engine conversion :D

Looking forward to sorting the lights out, got a whifbitz front bumper going on next with TRD rear spoiler, debadging, stubby aerial :cool:

Then brakes and suspension to do hopefully next week :eyebrows:

nur1.JPG

nur2.JPG

nur3.JPG

nur4.JPG

nur5.JPG

nur6.JPG

nur7.JPG

nur8.JPG

nur9.JPG

nur10.JPG

nur11.JPG

nur12.JPG

quality mate :hi:

Cheers mate :)

Thats looking lovely mate :thumbs:
I think so too ;)

Yup, i like it alot.

Sometime you should come down so i can have a look around it. Alas mine wont be ready anytime soon.

Yeah that'll be good.got to start our little Kent mini meets soon :)

How long until yours is done now?

Very nice Dave.:cool:

These wheels are even wider than the pics made them look,cheers for sorting them dropped off for us mate ;)

That looks lovely, sensible ride height, too, very nice indeed, I bet you must be very happy with it?

Very happy with it,although it's going straight in with Rob Mitchell tomorrow to have a whifbitz front bumper fitted and trd spoiler so not much time to enjoy it.

I was thinking of lowering it by about 20mm,then have the geo redone.will lowering that much affect the handling negatively?

In my opinion, unfortunately it will. You have to decide if it's looks or handling and ride you value the most, without extensive suspension modifications a low Supra just doesn't work as well as one that's near ride stock height. 15 mm at the front and 10 mm at the rear is about as far as you want to go unless looks are the pervasive factor.

To be honest the handling is more important to me,I may fit some skirts to go with the lower front bumper to give the impression of it being lower than it is.the rear tyres are being changed for a lower profile which should lower the back a little anyway.what suspension mods ,if any, would you recommend for a fast road car?

Looking very nice indeed dave! :eyebrows::cool:

Will look forward to seeing this in the flesh soon!!

If you do decide to ditch the K-Sports, dibbs! lol. :innocent::rolleyes::p

Your in safe hands with all your choices from ECU to bodywork mate and rob's engine bay work speaks for itself with the show wins etc.

I'd better enjoy being one step ahead with the TT power while I can I guess!! :p;)

Awesome work so far though mate.