The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dave's GT45 6 speed aerotop

davej705

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds a great project and with Lee and Ryan sure to be a winner.

Just one thing i was thinking though 264 cams? with the turbo and the stroker would you need be better of with larger cams? and speak to Lee he is doing a great range in cams i belive now

Yeah i will speak to Lee about it, I did think these wouldn't be suitable for this.

Nic.

Are you sure the rear tension set works with an aerotop?

When I fitted my cage to my Aero I had to shorten the height of the cage by 35mm to account for the roof retaining bolts at the back. Im sure captainchaos had the same issue when he got 1 of these Do-Luk tension sets to go in his aero. not a massive job to mod it just need to be a bit tasty with a grinder lol.

Im not sure you can use the rear tension set as it goes to the boot floor, so no where to put the roof

if you drop the back seat, and remove the roof hangers in the boot you should still be able to slide the roof into the boot it just wont have anything to hold it in place.

Going to look great, what suspension kit are you going with? keeping the stock spoiler? im tempted to go TRD on mine now its wide.

I agree. TRD is a good option on a wide car.;)

one step ahead fellas,got a carbon TRD going on next week! Rob is fitting it and painting it for me :eyebrows:

suspension still undecided on,the tein has alot of good reviews.

going with a whifbitz front bumper cos it looks fairly stock but a bit different.some other little touches aswell but im keeping them under wraps for now (not neons or hammerite :p)

Those seats are awesome. Did you get them from keron. I'd have bought them myself if I hadn't already bought my recaros. Great choice.

I bought them from peter p and I believe he got them from Keron. Yeah they are lovely and quite rare too aswell. I even fit in them!