The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dave's GT45 6 speed aerotop

davej705

Ha ha yeah enjoy the tt power for now mate!

I'm going to be at robs tomorrow afternoon if you can pop down for a bit?

I'm fitting the k-sports when I get the car back from Rob, if I do decide to go with brembo's or AP's you can have first refusal ;)

Looking very nice indeed dave! :eyebrows::cool:

Will look forward to seeing this in the flesh soon!!

If you do decide to ditch the K-Sports, dibbs! lol. :innocent::rolleyes::p

Your in safe hands with all your choices from ECU to bodywork mate and rob's engine bay work speaks for itself with the show wins etc.

I'd better enjoy being one step ahead with the TT power while I can I guess!! :p;)

Awesome work so far though mate.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha yeah enjoy the tt power for now mate!

I'm going to be at robs tomorrow afternoon if you can pop down for a bit?

I'm fitting the k-sports when I get the car back from Rob, if I do decide to go with brembo's or AP's you can have first refusal ;)

Sweet! Will hold you to that mate but seriously doubt i'll get a look in as the K-Sports are seriously good bits of kit for the money and have been fitted to a number of Time Attack winners with nothing but praise.

When are you at Rob's tomorrow?? Working tomorrow so won't be home till 6:30pm so guessing i'll miss out! :(

Have you fitted the Veilside seats yet?

Sweet! Will hold you to that mate but seriously doubt i'll get a look in as the K-Sports are seriously good bits of kit for the money and have been fitted to a number of Time Attack winners with nothing but praise.

When are you at Rob's tomorrow?? Working tomorrow so won't be home till 6:30pm so guessing i'll miss out! :(

Have you fitted the Veilside seats yet?

I'll be there around 2pm.maybe meet up when I pick it up next week?

Not fitted the seats yet,didn't get a chance today.keep looking at them whenever I'm at my unit,very good looking seats :)

To be honest the handling is more important to me,I may fit some skirts to go with the lower front bumper to give the impression of it being lower than it is.the rear tyres are being changed for a lower profile which should lower the back a little anyway.what suspension mods ,if any, would you recommend for a fast road car?

I don't think you will get a lower profile than the 30 on it now unless you go down to something like a 315

I don't think you will get a lower profile than the 30 on it now unless you go down to something like a 315

thats what i was planning on doing mate. This wheels are for looking good, getting a set of 18's for performance.

did all these wheels come with the trd centre caps because two are missing. if not any idea where i can get some from?

Glad you two finally met! ;) now just need to get us all together at some point!! lol.

When are you two going to pop round and see my new toy?? Not as fat I grant you but it has potential!! ;)

Your in safe hands with rob dave but I'm guessing you worked that one out already.

Car looks stunning mate.

When the car is ready sometime next week I will be popping to you for that cuppa matey :)

Or pop down to robs and I'll come down and we'll get rob to put the kettle on!

Robs car looks amazing doesn't it, looking forward to seeing yours now.gonna be good at show time next summer

Glad you two finally met! ;) now just need to get us all together at some point!! lol.

When are you two going to pop round and see my new toy?? Not as fat I grant you but it has potential!! ;)

Your in safe hands with rob dave but I'm guessing you worked that one out already.

Car looks stunning mate.

• 1 month later...

Got some facelift rear lights and then had Ric (Blueangel) carbon wrap them for me. Must say i'm very happy with his service to say the least. My iphone pic wont do them justice to how good they look up close. Also, Royal Mail decided that they would break them on route to Ric, for no extra charge he fixed the damage. Top bloke :thumbs:

Car going back to NUR motorsport for a few small bits then this weekend. Supra Ash will be taking her there. Then hopefully next week I cant get my hands dirty fitting some HKS suspension and ksports all round.

After that, remove NA engine and drop car to Rob to spray the bay. Then to Lee at SRD :D

Gonna be a couple of months yet I reckon but making good progress still.

Just bought aeromotive single pump and FPR and filter aswell, so no worries about fuelling problems.

Probably going to go with a smaller turbo,like a GTX42 for improved spool. Power aims will be around 800bhp,give or take. The torque it produces is more important to me,hence the strokered route. Still nothing is decided yet, going to see how JamieP and Paul Whiffen get on with the new turbo ranges out there before purchasing anything TBH :innocent:

rear light carbon.JPG

The torque it produces is more important to me,hence the strokered route.

I think its a waste of money for 800hp IMO.

Jamie put down 800ft lbs on his built 3.0L which is pretty damn impressive and in the same ball park what you aiming for.

I think its a waste of money for 800hp IMO.

Jamie put down 800ft lbs on his built 3.0L which is pretty damn impressive and in the same ball park what you aiming for.

Yeah and on a like for like basis the turbo would spool faster with more displacement. 800hp target leaves scope for more in the future.the block is good for 1200, fuelling the same so if I get bored I can change turbo and have a remap :)

Yeah you are the top trump mate for the most difficult to load car, I had to chock the shit out of it and used every spare bit of wood I had to get the car high enough so your Whifbitz front bumper would clear ok, but I used to have one so know how low it is, but it took ages to get her on and off, I literally had to inch her on and off the full length of the truck lol.