The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ricky49 Precision Billet 6765SP Single Turbo Conversion Build

Ricky49

what makes a single turbo better then a twin? isnt better to have 2 of everything? bare in mind i have no mechanical knowledge what so eva.

Various things. A larger single can flow more than the stock twins. Larger twins can be just as good as a big single, or slightly higher performing (apparently) but are more complicated and more expensive.

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's too much show and not enough go round these `ere parts :) 700 BHP should be running round Donington, not sat idle with the bonnet open and some slapper leaning against the door ;)

Agreed there, Mr Wilson.

Just bloody time for me, I'm working to pay for this and have no spare time to track-it!

Just got off the phone to Lee. He test fit the manifold and turbo today and guess what the bloody turbo doesnt fit. The housing hits the suspension pillar before it sits on the manifold:(.

So after a quick chat I am changing the tubby to something like a Garrett TO4z just to get me up and running. Then when it has a full build change it to a Garret billet tubby something like the GTX 42......

Oh happy days I thought Lee was going to have an easy ride with my build after the issues with Jamesys. One positive out of this is I can use the HKS DP:).

You have the HKS manifold, correct?

I thought you could put almost any turbo on this .. Paul Whiffin had even his GT42 on it!?

GT42 would fit fine, the size of these BW housings is just stupid and unnecessary. It fouls on the suspension turret.

Yes I could shave the housing down a bit and modify the turret but it just seems alot messing around for a 71mm turbo.

As Rick is running a stock engine for now we will put a turbo on that matches the power we can reliably get and then go big later. :D

Id not bother with a T04z mate, nothing can be done to get the 372 on? go something like GT42-76R Billet, killer turbo:cool:

That was the plan Jamie, something like the GTX4508 but at the moment there doesnt seem much point as we cant use it to its potential.

The plan was to stick the T04Z or similar on for now so we can use all the bits that came with the HKS kit so. everything will fit and work with no problems for the moment and it will drive really nice and give us around 700hp.

Then next year sometime the plan is to build the engine and go for a GTX42 with a built engine, head and 4" DP.

That was the plan Jamie, something like the GTX4508 but at the moment there doesnt seem much point as we cant use it to its potential.

The plan was to stick the T04Z or similar on for now so we can use all the bits that came with the HKS kit so. everything will fit and work with no problems for the moment and it will drive really nice and give us around 700hp.

Then next year sometime the plan is to build the engine and go for a GTX42 with a built engine, head and 4" DP.

Yep that's the plan buddy. Just get up and going for now.

I read your last post mate and it made my mind up as I would still need the 4'' dp if I went bigger.

Stan's listening just a bit peeved off

Dont worry mate it will work out much better this way and it gives you time to save for a nice big billet wheel GT42. :)

Yeah thats a fair shout mate, i edited my post after i read your reply about fitment, easy way to go for now, be interesting to see how far a T04z can go.