Ricky49 Precision Billet 6765SP Single Turbo Conversion Build

Ricky49

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice base car that mate, looked very clean when i was over sunday, that BW turbo looks huge an all:cool:

Yeah Im pleased with it. Lee has commented a couple of times of how clean it is so I have to be happy with that.

The turbo is a tad big isnt she. I think Lee was surprised at how big the housing was. Due to the size ttahs what has put the spanner in the works with the DP and MP:rolleyes:.

Went done to SRD last night and met Lee, mainly to clear him some space like my old wheels, apexi filter and rad etc etc.

The sequential tubby system is all off. I asked lee if there were any nastys/problems he had seen but happliy for me he was pleased with how clean the engine was and all parts came off without a struggle.

I will post pics in the morning.

Guest Supra24ellis

what makes a single turbo better then a twin? isnt better to have 2 of everything? bare in mind i have no mechanical knowledge what so eva.

what makes a single turbo better then a twin? isnt better to have 2 of everything? bare in mind i have no mechanical knowledge what so eva.

A twin system is good for rapid spooling at lower rev's if you have a smaller primary turbo matched with a larger secondary. This gives a broader power band and is more driveable on the street as boost comes in earlier from the smaller primary turbo (which requires less power to spin, since it has less rotating mass) but doesn't have the all-out power of a big single unless you're talking two bigger but still different sized turbos and a very highly tuned setup. Both work well but tuning a single is easier, as you don't have the overlap to deal with.

Big singles tend also to give a slower response but a bigger kick when they come in, so you have to be more careful with the loud pedal in the wet. :D

Singles also allow a simplified path for the air to go through and this helps to maintain airspeed. Weight reduction is another factor, if you're racing. :)