The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suggestions for events for next year's 10 year anniversary

Branners

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nurburgring? And stay for weekend? Getting piss :D

I'm game........ its a cracking time, and if we have enough people going we could talk about a photoshoot and Supra's only on the track

A Supra only JAE type camping weekend with all the trimmings. :)

hey you watch it.....:p There are loads of members without Supra's, in fact half of the mods

A decent sized gazebo should do it! ;):D

my territory

Lol, excellent :D

Blackie, do they do DJ's for umpa lumpa's ;):p:innocent:

Was beaten to it but Land's End to John O'Groats and back could be awesome.

If people were wanting to do the whole thing then great, otherwise everyone could be free to join the convoy on certain pre-aranged legs, could have meets and nights out at various places on the way too. It would be the best way to reach the most people, would be epic, a continuous convoy!

I updated the first post with the ideas.

The events would be open to all club members, and some of them to invited guests or friends of friends. Supra is not essential to it as in 10 years lots of Supra owners have been and gone and would like to see some of them back perhaps for the birthday bash.

Was beaten to it but Land's End to John O'Groats and back could be awesome.

If people were wanting to do the whole thing then great, otherwise everyone could be free to join the convoy on certain pre-aranged legs, could have meets and nights out at various places on the way too. It would be the best way to reach the most people, would be epic, a continuous convoy!

yep, could stretch it out over 3-4 days. you could ether do it all and raise money for charity (thats what i would do tbh) or people could join just for one days leg. or come along for the evening at the hotell people stay at.

or you could do the 4 points of the country. farthest north. farthest east farthest west farthest south.

alton towers for 2 days with a night in the hotel is a good one also. ive done that a few times with a load of mates (about 30 of us) you also get free entry into the swimming pool which is good after a day of theme park :)

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

So no one fancied the orgy then......:(

The two ends of country is a great idea but where do you start? It's a bit unfair if you live in the middle as you'll do more miles than anyone else just getting to the start.....:tongue:

H.

It doesn't matter where you live, if you travel to the start, then start to end, then end home you will all have done the same miles (2 x start to end) :p :D

So no one fancied the orgy then......:(

The two ends of country is a great idea but where do you start? It's a bit unfair if you live in the middle as you'll do more miles than anyone else just getting to the start.....:tongue:

H.

If you are intending to do the whole trip, it doesn't matter were the start and finish are.

For instance I am in Devon, so if it starts at Lands End I am close to the start, but will have a long trip home from the finish and visa-versa, if you get what I mean

Edit: As Jay has said already, so I guess this is a:repost: now....Thanks Jay:p

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

It doesn't matter where you live, if you travel to the start, then start to end, then end home you will all have done the same miles (2 x start to end) :p :D

Yes I know that Jay, but it's not much fun just coming in half way through. You'd want to Start in Scotland and end up in Cornwall and then have a 8 hour drive home.....:D

Either way, the orgy sounds less strenuous......:innocent:

H.

Looks like some good ideas coming through. I'd love to get over again this year, enjoyed the first Japfest this summer . I'd love to bring the car over if I could afford the round trip and ferry etc to one of the events.

Got time to save up bud.

A Lands End to John O Groats road trip over a weekend so that those that cannot do the whole trip could at least get to join in for a leg of the journey. Start with a BBQ at Lands end on the Friday night camp half way and another BBQ then a big party for all those that make it all the way on the Sunday night!

We could even do it to raise money for a charity.

A Lands End to John O Groats road trip over a weekend so that those that cannot do the whole trip could at least get to join in for a leg of the journey. Start with a BBQ at Lands end on the Friday night camp half way and another BBQ then a big party for all those that make it all the way on the Sunday night!

We could even do it to raise money for a charity.

I like this

I could speek to the lands end hotel get it so we can park right out on point and get accomodation cost ill def drive all way up to scotland