Who wants to set a world record?

Guest tropepef

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tropepef

I understand what you guys must have thought but seriously lets get real. Why wouldn't you contact MVP or go over to supraforums and check things out before slamming someone on your forums. Props Homer you did the right thing. Maybe I am wrong. Is there that much scamming over there? I mean you are on the other side of the world (almost) lol... Anyway I appologize for the attitude but you have to also see it through my perspective... I have a JDM TT Supra and I cross reference a lot of the stuff I research on supraforums over here. I never needed an account so I didn't create one. All the questions I ever had were already answered. Then one day I create an account to include our brother's and sister's overseas and I just get slammed to a pulp for nothing? Well I hope you guys take it easy... I'll still be back to conduct my research...

I understand what you guys must have thought but seriously lets get real. Why wouldn't you contact MVP or go over to supraforums and check things out before slamming someone on your forums. Props Homer you did the right thing. Maybe I am wrong. Is there that much scamming over there? I mean you are on the other side of the world (almost) lol... Anyway I appologize for the attitude but you have to also see it through my perspective... I have a JDM TT Supra and I cross reference a lot of the stuff I research on supraforums over here. I never needed an account so I didn't create one. All the questions I ever had were already answered. Then one day I create an account to include our brother's and sister's overseas and I just get slammed to a pulp for nothing? Well I hope you guys take it easy... I'll still be back to conduct my research...
Man don't worry about it,jumping on the band wagon is quite common here,you only need one member to disagree and all of a sudden everybody joins in.I for one know you're a long time member on SF in good standing.I got a few odds and sods lurking here,I'll see what i can get rid of.Good luck.

Ah its geniuine?

I apologise. I still think its an unrealistic & relatively silly idea though, just my opinion. But you may well prove me wrong. We have trouble asking people to donate to Haiti so why would they donate for a car?

But anyway, good luck with your project. I may eat my words, and I am man enough to say sorry :(

Perhaps it may have been better to contact the mods here before posting, the project's initial reception would have been very different. I am sorry I did not take the time to read the Supraforums thread so withdraw my original comment. Good luck with the project I hope it succeeds. It would be good to hear how the proceeds of the car sale gets used.

Guest tropepef
Man don't worry about it,jumping on the band wagon is quite common here,you only need one member to disagree and all of a sudden everybody joins in.I for one know you're a long time member on SF in good standing.I got a few odds and sods lurking here,I'll see what i can get rid of.Good luck.

Thanks SupraHuman... That sucks about all the band wagoners. There are a few of them on Supra Forums too put they really don't cause too much trouble as 98% of the other people think on their own. I just don't know why you would trash someone without even knowing why. Doesn't make sense. Anyway though, I appreciate your support and I look forward to working with you on this build. I guess if I got one person to give their support here it was worth it. Thanks again man.

Guest tropepef
Perhaps it may have been better to contact the mods here before posting, the project's initial reception would have been very different. I am sorry I did not take the time to read the Supraforums thread so withdraw my original comment. Good luck with the project I hope it succeeds. It would be good to hear how the proceeds of the car sale gets used.

^Hindsight being twenty-twenty. I thought about that as soon as the negative comments started rolling in. Learn for next time.

Ah its geniuine?

I apologise. I still think its an unrealistic & relatively silly idea though, just my opinion. But you may well prove me wrong. We have trouble asking people to donate to Haiti so why would they donate for a car?

But anyway, good luck with your project. I may eat my words, and I am man enough to say sorry :(

^ Unrealistic & relatively silly? I'm not trying to be a dick but I don't think you read the original post in its entirety. We aren't trying to break a 7 second record here. Maybe silly to you but it is definitely realistic. The reason people will donate to this build is because for the donation of as little as a dollar you can get your name on a certificate from the Guniess World Records. Your name as well as what you donated will be on a memorial plaque. It's going to be like the memorial wall in Washington. Massive. Also your name will be inscribed on the parts that you donate. You will also receive a GWRBuild shirt. So lets review:

For a dollar donation:

Guinness World Record Certificate with YOUR name on it.

Your name/screen-name will in inscribed on the part you donate.

Your name/screen-name/and part donated will be inscribed on the memorial wall

Custom Guinness World Record Shirt

I don't know man. I would think it would be less realistic to receive all that for a dollar then the actual idea of the build.

IMO I think it's a good idea, but I think most folk on here are strapped for cash due to the 'recession' so posting over numerous items to the younger brother and sisters over in yourside of the world would be very expensive. But giving a dollar i'm sure that would be no problems. Count me in :)

Like it's been said before there is a lot of band wagon jumping that goes on here without peeps actully getting their facts correct. (even resulting in well known traders getting binned).

Wish you well for your project though, you never know you might get a few 6mm bolt's coming your way ;)

Pete

Guest tropepef
IMO I think it's a good idea, but I think most folk on here are strapped for cash due to the 'recession' so posting over numerous items to the younger brother and sisters over in yourside of the world would be very expensive.

Like it's been said before there is a lot of band wagon jumping that goes on here without peeps actully getting their facts correct. (even resulting in well known traders getting binned).

Wish you well for your project though, you never know you might get a few 6mm bolt's coming your way ;)

Pete

LOL can always use them... I understand that people are strapped for cash. Also I understand that it would not make sense to ship tons of items over here to the states being that the postage is a killer. That was the reason around making the minimum donation $1. You could just paypal it. No need for postage. And that also makes a good way to track the funds. Just my .02. Thanks again for your support.

For what is worth,...

Sorry you think bad of this little community.

We ALL have massive respect and enthusiasm for anything Supra related. Problem is, 99% threads like this are normally a scam or BS, so please realise we're not all jumping on the band wagon and flaming the newbie. Just past experience tells us to be cautious.

Look forward to seeing your progress. Good luck mate.

Guest tropepef
For what is worth,...

Sorry you think bad of this little community.

We ALL have massive respect and enthusiasm for anything Supra related. Problem is, 99% threads like this are normally a scam or BS, so please realise we're not all jumping on the band wagon and flaming the newbie. Just past experience tells us to be cautious.

Look forward to seeing your progress. Good luck mate.

Well like I said I should have probably PMed a MOD first and had them verify this. They could have posted it up with their name backing it. Both parties made mistakes in the beginning. I know when people post information or requests up on supra forums a lot of behind the scenes research is done before the dude starts getting lit up. People look at previous post histories, other forums boards including those not related to Supras, ip reverse checks etc... Whatever nothing bad came out of it. Live and learn.

I read it and the unrealistic part comes in with exactly what you just highlighted.

However out of respect for your build I won't list my reasons as it's clear you seem determined to make it work.

All I'll say is best of luck. I may even donate as I see the car take shape ;)

Guest tropepef
I read it and the unrealistic part comes in with exactly what you just highlighted.

However out of respect for your build I won't list my reasons as it's clear you seem determined to make it work.

All I'll say is best of luck. I may even donate as I see the car take shape ;)

Thank you for your respect to not produce any further negativity. Before I even started to put words out on forum boards for this build I already knew what assets I had available. I have a good friend that is a customs engraver/plaque maker. You wouldn't believe how cheap it is going to be to make 10000 of these things. Shirts? I can get those through a friend's father. He is a fellow supra member and already said that he would do that for his contribution. But anyway again I appreciate your respect and I hope that you will follow this build.

Thank you for your respect to not produce any further negativity.

I have a good friend that is a customs engraver/plaque maker. You wouldn't believe how cheap it is going to be to make 10000 of these things. Shirts? I can get those through a friend's father. He is a fellow supra member and already said that he would do that for his contribution. But anyway again I appreciate your respect and I hope that you will follow this build.

Ah see, you squashed some of negative points already. :)

Good thing I kept quiet. So perhaps this thing really car take off. I am eating some of my non-posted words already. Keep us updated.

Guest tropepef
Ah see, you squashed some of negative points already. :)

Good thing I kept quiet. So perhaps this thing really car take off. I am eating some of my non-posted words already. Keep us updated.

Will do my friend. You can always stop in and check us out at http://www.sfgwrbuild.com. See you around.