Who wants to set a world record?

Guest tropepef

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tropepef

Well I understand what were you are coming from. Take a look at supraforums.com if you have a second. I don't think you understand how big it really is. This build already has sourced a motor, turbo kit, fuel system, body work for the shell if need be and a paint job. I know you guys don't live in the states but the guys that put these donations up are STAND UP guys. All of them are well known in the community. It's not that Dusty is not supporting this but the reason I came over here is because I thought you guys might be interested in getting in on this. We have more then 3/4 of the parts sourced. This build is pretty much just waiting to get put together. If that's hard to believe even after your mods came back in here after locking this thread and telling the community that this is not a scam then whatever. Again to each his own.

Guest tropepef
So this world record.. What world record are you hoing to achieve?

Please go back to the original post and read it through. This is how all of our problems started in the first place. To answer your question read line 10... It starts with anyhow.

What's to stop someone "giving" me a Top Fuel dragster for free just so I can beat the record and then give it back to them?

I believe he is working along the lines of 'donations' - I have been given more donations then you, type-o-record.

Not personally really into world record attempts like this. Think this kind of energy would be better spent elsewhere, but whatever.

Guest tropepef
What's to stop someone "giving" me a Top Fuel dragster for free just so I can beat the record and then give it back to them?

You too man... Here we go again... READ THE FIRST POST... I have been on supraforums for quite some time now and I have yet to start a thread and have this many people come into it and not know what I am talking about. To answer your question ^^^ Nothing would stop you and I really wouldn't care because that's not the record we are after good.

Guest tropepef
I believe he is working along the lines of 'donations' - I have been given more donations then you, type-o-record.

Not personally really into world record attempts like this. Think this kind of energy would be better spent elsewhere, but whatever.

Well if you continue reading it goes on to tell who will hold the record... It is not "I"... It is the "Supra Community" The whole purpose of this is to sell the car for charity and start an auto/race "NON-PROFIT" school. No one is getting rich or getting a car out of it. It just so happens that we could break a record while we are at it. So why not?

You'd have to get them to donate it to you every nut and bolt at a time, then have some way of proving to Guinness that you had that many donations.

Still, if someone gave you a top fuel dragster I should imagine they're worth a fair bit!

Guest tropepef
You'd have to get them to donate it to you every nut and bolt at a time, then have some way of proving to Guinness that you had that many donations.

Still, if someone gave you a top fuel dragster I should imagine they're worth a fair bit!

They couldn't donate the whole thing. It goes by individual donors. So they there were a million parts on the dragster, that's a million donations.

Im sorry but i would have thought that considering you are asking for members on here to give you items for free AND PAY TO POST THEM TO YOU, you would have a little more respect for those who do have queries? Your attitude is absolutely appalling. Not sure how things work over on SF, never been on there and have no intention to join either, but if you plan on sticking around on here, then respect goes a long way. You clearly have none.

Wow, check out Mr Attitute.

I read the first post when you first put it up, as with a lot of people I laughed at the arrival of another chancer and moved on. Then things stepped up a bit so I'm back taking an interest, that doesn't mean I've remembered everything you said word for word though.

If you aren't willing to indulge us in an exchange of words once in a while I have more suggestions for you - post up and have a mod lock the thread so nobody can reply or post a clear and concise first post that links to Supraforums so that there aren't any questions left to ask.

I've been a member on Supraforums longer than I have here but I don't visit very often so please excuse me if your reputation and goal hasn't made it's way to the UK without me having to actively search things out.

I'll send you a sticker.

Guest tropepef
Im sorry but i would have thought that considering you are asking for members on here to give you items for free AND PAY TO POST THEM TO YOU, you would have a little more respect for those who do have queries? Your attitude is absolutely appalling. Not sure how things work over on SF, never been on there and have no intention to join either, but if you plan on sticking around on here, then respect goes a long way. You clearly have none.

S33M KT: I understand were you are coming from. You have all the right to be appalled. I am just the newb right? But posts like yours is exactly what I am talking about and losing my patience over. Look at what you highlighted in your post..."AND PAY TO POST THEM TO YOU"... You just like the last few guys that I posted up here about DID NOT READ THOUGH THE POSTS BEFORE POSTING. You are trying to cut me down when I have already answered this issue in post 40. Yes respect goes a long way. It is also a two way street. You don't just come into a thread that a newbie starts and automatically cut him down. do you? Well you did. Respect is not given it is earned. I am just not used to a forum that doesn't read before posting. Look how many posts were made in this thread already. I am still answering questions that my very first post addressed.

Guest tropepef
Wow, check out Mr Attitute.

I read the first post when you first put it up, as with a lot of people I laughed at the arrival of another chancer and moved on. Then things stepped up a bit so I'm back taking an interest, that doesn't mean I've remembered everything you said word for word though.

If you aren't willing to indulge us in an exchange of words once in a while I have more suggestions for you - post up and have a mod lock the thread so nobody can reply or post a clear and concise first post that links to Supraforums so that there aren't any questions left to ask.

I've been a member on Supraforums longer than I have here but I don't visit very often so please excuse me if your reputation and goal hasn't made it's way to the UK without me having to actively search things out.

I'll send you a sticker.

Sounds good man... We can use that sticker...

Guest tropepef
Sounds like a good plan, especially with the support of MVP. I'll see if I've got anything I can help out with... :)

Outstanding... Thanks for your support.

S33M KT: I understand were you are coming from. You have all the right to be appalled. I am just the newb right? But posts like yours is exactly what I am talking about and losing my patience over. Look at what you highlighted in your post..."AND PAY TO POST THEM TO YOU"... You just like the last few guys that I posted up here about DID NOT READ THOUGH THE POSTS BEFORE POSTING. You are trying to cut me down when I have already answered this issue in post 40. Yes respect goes a long way. It is also a two way street. You don't just come into a thread that a newbie starts and automatically cut him down. do you? Well you did. Respect is not given it is earned. I am just not used to a forum that doesn't read before posting. Look how many posts were made in this thread already. I am still answering questions that my very first post addressed.

Firstly... my forum name is S44M, not S33M... take a leaf out of your own book and read more carefully before posting ;)

Secondly, Being a "newb" has absolutely nothing to do with it what so ever.

Thirdly, When requesting free items that require other people to go out of their way for you, no matter how annoyed you get with what they post, you would bite your lip, keep your opinion to yourself, and answer the questions your are asked.

Please bare in mine, if it wasn't for people like us, your little world record would go absolutely no where.

Personally, if i was trying to blag free stuff out of strangers, i would kiss as many ass's as i could. Not insult them.

I doubt very much any of us are going to help you just to get our name is the world records, its not difficult to achieve a world record, and if we really wanted to do so, then we would have done by now. Members on here are very close, and constantly willing to help others out. If you rub them up the wrong way, prepare for the worst.

Yes respect goes a long way. It is also a two way street. You don't just come into a thread that a newbie starts and automatically cut him down. do you? Well you did.

you clearly did not see my post where i was about to offer you items, but after reading we were all "ass holes" i decided against it.

I never automatically cut you down. i made a decision based on YOUR actions.

You don't just come into a thread that a newbie starts and automatically cut him down. do you?

The problem is your attitude stinks.

I was simply wondering what you wanted to 'achieve' from your world record attempt. Not what record you were going for. You then proceeded to get arsey and ask me to read back, and to conclude you were even patronising enough to inform me of which line to read in your initial post. It would have been simpler had you just answered my question.

If you cannot be bothered to repeat yourself after 15 odd posts, you really have no right to ask why people are 'cutting' you down, as we have absolutely no character reference of who, or what you are about.

Honestly, i did not bother reading the entire initial post as I thought it was spam. It came across as so. As you said, if you went about things in the correct manner initially then these issues would not have arisen - Probably.

God bless.