The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who wants to set a world record?

Guest tropepef

Guest tropepef

I doubt very much any of us are going to help you just to get our name is the world records, its not difficult to achieve a world record, and if we really wanted to do so, then we would have done by now. Members on here are very close, and constantly willing to help others out. If you rub them up the wrong way, prepare for the worst.

Again read through the forums please:

1. There are a number of people on this forum that are helping out

2. You are not helping ME. I am just a member that is involved in this build. This is not MY build in anyway shape or form. Example: one of your friends comes up to you and is like hey you need to come out to eat with us and check out this restaurant. You get there and order food. Your food comes but it is not what you order. You then start getting pissed of at your friend because it is her fault? That's exactly what your doing to me. Before you post back up and say that has nothing to do with it slowly read this post again. I am the one presenting this idea to you through this thread.. (just like your friend did with inviting you) You accept the invitation by clicking on this thread (just like you say "yes" to going to the restaurant) Then you read my post (just like you, ordering food) ideal didn't agree with you (food came all messed up) so you take it out on the messenger (you take it out on your friend). I am just here presenting the ideal. I am not MAKING anyone do anything.

3. Lastly don't e-thug... "Prepare for the worst" Hey we are all professionals. I could have brought this thread to your forum a little differently and through a moderator. I understand my F*CK UP. I am man enough to own up to it. There's no need to go around e-thuging like Honda boards do... Come on.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tropepef

MODS PLEASE CLOSE THREAD. There is nothing left to be accomplished here. Thank you to the 23 members that have pledged off this board. I guess after all this, 23 members were worth it lol... Thanks again...

You get there and order food. Your food comes but it is not what you order. You then start getting pissed of at your friend because it is her fault?

I know annoying isnt it.

Thing that is even more annoying, is when someone from the street comes up to me and asks me for money smelling of beer, and urine.

When i ask him what exactly he wants the money for, he gets a little aggressive. Annoying that.

Oh, and is it not annoying when you buy someone a sandwich, only for them to not like the filling inside it?... Annoying that.

Anyway, i am getting hungry with all this talk of food.

Welcome to the forum. An intro post may also have helped - a fair few members that have commented in this thread already usually are the first to welcome new members with open arms.

Every time you join a new forum you need to remember that they each have their own idiosyncrasies and quirks.

Interesting idea/thread. The first post did indeed look just like a spam email, but it sounds interesting.

This benefits the UK in no way at all though, so I can't see people pledging things that readily. Comic relief is hard enough to raise cash for!

Example: one of your friends comes up to you and is like hey you need to come out to eat with us and check out this restaurant. You get there and order food. Your food comes but it is not what you order. You then start getting pissed of at your friend because it is her fault?

Have you ever been to England? :)

Guest tropepef
Welcome to the forum. An intro post may also have helped - a fair few members that have commented in this thread already usually are the first to welcome new members with open arms.

Every time you join a new forum you need to remember that they each have their own idiosyncrasies and quirks.

Interesting idea/thread. The first post did indeed look just like a spam email, but it sounds interesting.

This benefits the UK in no way at all though, so I can't see people pledging things that readily. Comic relief is hard enough to raise cash for!

Have you ever been to England? :)

Stationed there...

Again read through the forums please:

1. There are a number of people on this forum that are helping out

2. You are not helping ME. I am just a member that is involved in this build. This is not MY build in anyway shape or form. Example: one of your friends comes up to you and is like hey you need to come out to eat with us and check out this restaurant. You get there and order food. Your food comes but it is not what you order. You then start getting pissed of at your friend because it is her fault? That's exactly what your doing to me. Before you post back up and say that has nothing to do with it slowly read this post again. I am the one presenting this idea to you through this thread.. (just like your friend did with inviting you) You accept the invitation by clicking on this thread (just like you say "yes" to going to the restaurant) Then you read my post (just like you, ordering food) ideal didn't agree with you (food came all messed up) so you take it out on the messenger (you take it out on your friend). I am just here presenting the ideal. I am not MAKING anyone do anything.

3. Lastly don't e-thug... "Prepare for the worst" Hey we are all professionals. I could have brought this thread to your forum a little differently and through a moderator. I understand my F*CK UP. I am man enough to own up to it. There's no need to go around e-thuging like Honda boards do... Come on.

e thug? in no way shape or form am i threatening you, and i apologise if thats how you perceived my post to be, but i was merely pointing out that when you annoy alot of members on here, they tend to stick together, and i wouldnt like to be on the receiving end of it. just giving you some advice.

Stationed there...

I think Britain is typically more negative/witty/sarcastic than the USA, even more so on forums from my experience!

Good luck with the build nevertheless. I can't even donate many parts to my own car however, so I'll just be reading/watching.

:Popcorn:

Guest tropepef
I think Britain is typically more negative/witty/sarcastic than the USA, even more so on forums from my experience!

Good luck with the build nevertheless. I can't even donate many parts to my own car however, so I'll just be reading/watching.

:Popcorn:

Well it is a different culture. You guys are a closed invitation group. That's all that is too it. That is not a bad thing. It keeps you guys tight as a community. I didn't really think about it before I posted this thread as I was under the assumption that you guys operated the same way. Funny story--> My buddy was interested in getting some of his local forums involved in this build also. The only thing is that his local forums are mustang forums. Well he copied my post and put it up on the stang forums. Needless to say it wasn't a hudge hit BUT the people did not bash him. The comments were to the extent of them being worried about the world record title being solely in the Supra Community name. Anyway in the states it is a lot more open. People listen more and there is less negativity towards a new idea. Mustang forum case in point. Well like I said before let the mods close this thread so we all can move on. Thanks.