The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project 1300

suprafan72

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With regards to the QS valve, I looked into getting one of these but it would be a headache with regards to the downpipe and intercooler pipes. Think it adds about an inch to the height, depending on the size of the tubby would it maybe mean that the manifold would need adapted too?

With regards to the QS valve, I looked into getting one of these but it would be a headache with regards to the downpipe and intercooler pipes. Think it adds about an inch to the height, depending on the size of the tubby would it maybe mean that the manifold would need adapted too?

Waste time with anything under about 70mm imo, modern turbos spool so fast there is no need, your manifold is divided so wont work with QS unless you cut it about, it already has a 10mm spacer welded on so H cover turbos will fit.

Waste time with anything under about 70mm imo, modern turbos spool so fast there is no need, your manifold is divided so wont work with QS unless you cut it about, it already has a 10mm spacer welded on so H cover turbos will fit.

I didn't seriously consider it, I was just giving my mind treats really. Quite enjoyed looking at it and reading about it.

You are right though, as much as it may work with the smaller turbos it is only going to make the car undriveable lol.

Yeah was thinking that... Just need to modify the manifold to make it open...

I'd fit the turbo to the manifold and try and close your bonnet before you buy a QSV Andy. I've fitted a GT42r to mine and without a QSV I couldn't shut the bonnet. I had to cut off the flange on the manifold, cut. About 15 maybe 20mm off the runners and weld it back on again. Because I did this the wastegate tube had to also be lowered. I know mine is a whifbitz manifold and yours is a PHR if I recall but worth checking before you spend your cash mate.

I would be a bit disappointed considering the aim at the beginning and I assume the cost that went with that brief, or is it just me

This power was created at only 1.6bar of boost as Andys wastegate would not hold any more pressure and the turbo is not well matched in terms of compressor size vs turbine hence why the turbo goes out of its efficiency range. This is where my recommendation of changing the turbo out for a much more modern unit with a newer designed comp wheel.

Ryan