The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA supercharger build

barneybrendan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard pipes have arrived but i havnt got enough straight connectors for the 63mm pipe.I also need a tight 90 degree steel bend now that i can weld onto the pipe coming from the charger.I could also dpo with the 180 degree loops extended by a fiew inches,might be best to get a piece welded in rather than have more rubber couplings.Going to try and wire in the methanol injection today and get that out of the way.

Hard pipes have arrived but i havnt got enough straight connectors for the 63mm pipe.I also need a tight 90 degree steel bend now that i can weld onto the pipe coming from the charger.I could also dpo with the 180 degree loops extended by a fiew inches,might be best to get a piece welded in rather than have more rubber couplings.Going to try and wire in the methanol injection today and get that out of the way.

Mate you have no luck! Are you still making pod Saturday? I wish you all the best as iv been following your build from the get go and it seams every time your close something else happens :(

bit of fitling today.the steel 90 degree bend arived so i welded that to the bottom of the out going side of the charger.I needed some more 2.5" pipe so i had to cut the middle out of some 3" and reform it to 2.5" as that was all i had.I also had to reposition the IAT sensor which is now in the old na throttle body.The other brass fitting is for the feed to the bypass valve,i just need another fitting to screw onto it to take the red vacum pipe.The alloy pipes are to the required size now ready to be welded.You will notice i have lagged the outgoing side of the charger now to try and cut down on noise,plus this pipe gets pretty hot.Got to get some more wrapp to lag the intake pipe aswell now.

IMG_20110819_182808.jpg

IMG_20110819_182602.jpg

IMG_20110819_182654.jpg

IMG_20110819_182532.jpg

IMG_20110819_182623.jpg

IMG_20110819_182759.jpg

Edited by barneybrendan (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

well just started the car once again and my nice rebuilt charger is sounding a bit clunky.I think i have now had enough of this and going to take it all out .it is running fine but just sounded a bit noisey after a bit .I removed the charger belt and rocked the charger pulley to get clunk clunk.videos to be added in a bit.

I think the plan now is to get the bodywork done the way i want it and put it back to an na.

that wud be a shame mate after you've put so much effort into it. do u think the charger itself required a rebuild?

I have just rebuilt the damn thing.What i might do now is fit another coupler in the charger as it might be that thats worn and remove the engine and loom with the ecu ,,then refit the larger pulley and sell the lot as it was when afr mapped it to 310hp.

Just checked the charger and it is spinning fine no clunking what so ever.So now its obviously due to it getting too hot and expanding.Another thing i realised was that the intake rubber elbow was sucking in ,so maybe the charger wasnt getting enough air flow and was generating too much heat .I have descided to try and sell the whole lot ,but until that happens i will keep tinkering away with trying to rectify things.I did say to myself thats it im not spending anymore time on it ,but i cant help myself and just get drawn back into the thick of it.I have to get a stainless 90 degree 3"elbow now to replace the rubber intake one and a 3" straight silicone joiner.so if anybody has any of them lying around let me know.