Guest blueangel

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

'Blingy' you say? :woot:

Edit, I've just read the entire thread and noticed that you have D2 brakes, Blue!

How have you found them? I bought some 8 pot fronts months ago but haven't fitted them yet. I bet they bind, as the 'anti-rattle' clip holds the pads tight and there are no pad seperating springs in the kit. I'll make my own and not bother with the supplied clip. That's just there to stop the stainless bolt sleeves from rattling but they should have been cut longer in the first place so I'll pack them out with washers.

Also, not sure if it's D2's printing error or your preferred direction but the brake discs are on backwards according to my fitting manual, as are the front wheels but that's just temporary, I know.

Awesome job and nearly there now!

:)

Edited by Morpheus (see edit history)

Guest blueangel

sorry dude yes they are BK racing dude like the man said not the best and the weight of them would probally be an issue to most but i dont think 20's come lightweight lol.

The tyres have actually cost more than the wheels for 3 lol i think i paid approx £900 for the rims and have toyo proxy's all round

Guest blueangel
'Blingy' you say? :woot:

Edit, I've just read the entire thread and noticed that you have D2 brakes, Blue!

How have you found them? I bought some 8 pot fronts months ago but haven't fitted them yet. I bet they bind, as the 'anti-rattle' clip holds the pads tight and there are no pad seperating springs in the kit. I'll make my own and not bother with the supplied clip. That's just there to stop the stainless bolt sleeves from rattling but they should have been cut longer in the first place so I'll pack them out with washers.

Also, not sure if it's D2's printing error or your preferred direction but the brake discs are on backwards according to my fitting manual, as are the front wheels but that's just temporary, I know.

Awesome job and nearly there now!

:)

not sure to be honest dude they were on like that when i bought them as for how they work they seem ok but i only drove the car for 3 days before i stripped it down lol its been off the road since.

not sure to be honest dude they were on like that when i bought them as for how they work they seem ok but i only drove the car for 3 days before i stripped it down lol its been off the road since.

Sounds like my GMC Typhoon. :(

Bought it 3 years ago and couldn't get it to run without stalling due to bad compression so I took the engine out and have had it on my kitchen worktop as a bare 4.3 V6 block while I'm building a new workshop in the back garden to do the rebuild work.

Drove it a total of 5 metres, backwards and forwards outside the garage! :D

Now I've got the Supra, I'm more keen to NA-T that but won't be able to for a good couple of years to get the truck out of the way. Already got a stage 5 turbo off ebay for £90! :eyebrows:

Quite a controversial look this, love some bits of it, not keen on others. The fit and finish speak for themselves though, nice work :)

Dash looks like a good job, although it's just reminded me' that I'm doing a heater matrix swap for someone next week :(

Guest blueangel

can't wait on the rest of the interior to go in but gotta build some orders first lol so next week i hope but the subframes arnt due till the 19th

I like the flocked dash, didn't think I would. :thumbs:

Not too keen on the number plate recess delete, it just doesn't look right imo. Great workmanship though. :)

He hasn't touched the recess it's a trial rear although modified, with the recess you get with it