Guest blueangel

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest blueangel
Aaah fair plays haha well maybe me and marc_p will have to pop down soon and shoot it if you fancy it ;-) Drop me a pm mate, ill have a look into your arse and gather ideas for a cool shoot :)

lol read what ya wrote dude lol

• 2 weeks later...
I think its going to need to be SVA approved as youve modified the front structure...

Not so, The SVA was replaced by the IVA in April 2009 and the regs relating to Exterior are only those as follows:-

13. Exterior. Between the floor line and a height of 2 metres there must be no features likely to catch or increase the risk or seriousness of injury to any person who could come into contact with the vehicle. This like the interior is another large section that deals with radii and projections from the body, wheels etc.

and for lighting:-

9. Lighting. Check that all obligatory lights and reflectors are in the required positions, of the right colours, intensity and are visible at the required angles. There is a large section on visible angles and position of lights both for the obligatory and optional lights

Plus as Blues car is a 95 model and so over 10 years old no SVA or IVA testing is required and just a regular MOT needed. As there are many Chav'ed 106's and Saxos and the like with different lamps fitted its only the poor integrity of the builder that will get a fail

Guest blueangel

hopefully all will go well but im decatted and it hasnt had a run in years lol so not looking forward to it lol mot is going to be very soon i think

• 2 weeks later...
Guest blueangel

Update looks like no need to repray the roof as the blisters have disapeared now lol wether they come back or not i dont know but for now its smiles alround lol

Guest blueangel

cheers guys ive been working hard just lately as my lights have taken off again lol brazil of all places.

Gonna get back on the car very soon done the alarm and the dash loom lately so getting there just got the titanium exhaust off jev to put on but think i hay go for a standard exhaust for the mot.

• 3 weeks later...
Your 'custom spoiler mounts' look exactly the same as some glass shelf brackets I used to sell. About £8 for a set of 4, and already come chrome plated.

THERE'S LOADS OF DIFFERENT DESIGNS AVAILABLE TOO

LOL i was thinking the same our soap dish holder and toilet roll paper holder mounts look the same...but i know how ideas come into play and dont look good until fitted so ill hold back and wait to see this spoiler fitted before i say anymore:)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest blueangel

ok new update first one the spoiler isnt going on and second im almost ready for the mot just finishing a few wiring problems and sorting it out.

First today i sorted the headlights out and fitted the new looms from a gen 7 celica to sort out the sidelights and indicators

Then after that a quick fix on the the fog lights and then the number plate lights

now im ready to be legal

Next the ice goes in and i have a pile of Rockford gear sat here to play with.

Guest AndyK

just finished reading this thread, taken me the best part of an hour and all i can say is... WOW.... looks absolutely amazing some real good work gone into this my friend and i really hope you do keep it and get it finished it would be a shame to quit at what i think is the last hurdle.. good look with it all