The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fast & Furious Replica (Orange Supra)

pbryant_knight

Ah, no prob.

would have just looked a lot nicer if it was just "You have the wrong spats on the rear." then it would have been more of an informative post than what it sounds like with the Fail on the end of it lol.

Yeah, i didn't know a lot about Supras when i wrote that. was pretty much my first or second post. I now know they aren't the right spats but am reluctant to change them at the moment as they've just been painted and i think they look ok.......for now :)

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that Mathew, appreciate it. You're right about the look, not too far off it at all. They look ideal. Probably out of my price range at the moment but will definately look down that road whe i finish with the other bits and bobs.

Any idea on the cost of these wheels?

set of 18's with tyres £782

set of 19's with tyres £799

width wise both 18's and 19's come in 8 and 9.5

I think you should change the wheels mate, not that theres anything wrong with the ones you've got on it, but it is the first thing people will notice is wrong when looking at the exterior of the car.

You would easily sell the wheels you have fitted on here anyway I would have thought, they must be worth a fair amount to offset on the bk993's that Mathew found.

FYI The wheels on the real fast and furious car are Racing hart M5's like in this link.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/vbpicgallery.php?do=big&p=3942

I think it would be worth getting the right wheels/bonnet/bumpers for the spot on replica look.

Might be worth registering the car with these guys, could make some money.

http://www.starcarhire.co.uk/

FYI The wheels on the real fast and furious car are Racing hart M5's like in this link.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/vbpicgallery.php?do=big&p=3942

I think it would be worth getting the right wheels/bonnet/bumpers for the spot on replica look.

Might be worth registering the car with these guys, could make some money.

http://www.starcarhire.co.uk/

I don't think he's going for the 'spot on' look, more like 'heavily influenced'.

I'm going for the "Do it a bit at a time" look lol.

It will be spot on eventually as funds permit. Getting the most important parts done first though like paint, graphics etc.

The Starcarhire site belongs to my friend Steve. He's already asked me to register it with him but i'm waiting until i've done a little bit more to it :)

Peter

Cheers Guys.

we all have our different opinions of what a replica should be.

Replica;

1. a copy or reproduction of a work of art produced by the maker of the original or under his or her supervision.

2. any close or exact copy or reproduction.

;)

I'd say your car was influenced by, not a replica of the F&F Supra. Good luck with the build.

;)

I'd say your car was influenced by, not a replica of the F&F Supra. Good luck with the build.

Quote:

Replica;

1. a copy or reproduction of a work of art produced by the maker of the original or under his or her supervision.

And you posted this lol.

Don't forget it's not finished :). It'll be an ongoing project as funds allow :)

It's busy getting the Bomex front bumper added and TRD hood as i type :)

Quote:

Replica;

And you posted this lol.

Don't forget it's not finished :). It'll be an ongoing project as funds allow :)

How does using parts with a completely different design make it close? A replica should look the same. It's like saying Blackpool tower is a replica of the Eiffel tower :rolleyes:

Interesting... a guy on the AU forums did something similar: http://supraforums.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=44308

I looked all over for that pic while i started building the replica too, now it turns up lol. He's done a cracking job.

Yeah Stevo, definately up for a meet :)

Errmmm it's a Supra, has or will have the correct parts?? have you even read all the posts here. Like i say, it's a work in progress. 9 out of 10 people (other than the experts on here) can't tell the difference. I'd say that makes it damn close lol

Peter

I think the Aussie has set the benchmark there. Now that IS a replica and a very good one at that. He has done his homework and the finished product shows that. I disagree that 9 out of 10 people would think your car is a replica of the F&F car as it is I am afraid. Think I would have left the spraying and graphics til the end, after the body mods and kit were fitted but thats just me. each to their own I say but it is nothing like a replica at the mo.

I do however look forward to seeing the pictures showing it progressing to a decent replica in time. Good luck and keep us posted

Gaz :)