The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fast & Furious Replica (Orange Supra)

pbryant_knight

I suppose it's a case of each to their own in this instance. Firstly, Aerotops are pretty rare and not cheap and the reason i started the project was because i got the base car at a really good price. The Wheels are again hard to come buy and expensive when they do come around.

The way the car is now, looks like an exact replica from the movie to everyone except Supra fanatics and i'm pretty happy with that. I'm gonna keep getting little bits an pieces done as and when i can, the same as i did with my KITT replica (which is now 90% complete).

It's all in the fun of building it and the fun of driving it.

If you read the rest of the thread from the beginning you'll see why i'm building the F&F replica.

Peter

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta say I love the Supra from the Fast and the Furious. Have that 1/18 model in front of me as I type and I have a 1/25 ERTL model that I am slowly painting and putting together.

I think it is great what you are doing.

The only knock on having a F&F replica this side of the atlantic is that it looks a bit lost without the california sun!

Just managed to get some pics of the car with the Spoiler on it.

Before anyone says anything, i know it's not exactally the same as the one in the film, but for me, that was the worst part of the car. The spoiler was far too big and went above the rear windscreen.

I therefore opted for a smaller, similar spoiler for my car.

Again only true avid fans and Supra owners will probably be able to tell anyway.

Bomex nose cone and TRD hood to follow soon :)

Peter

Supra Spoiler1.jpg

Supra Spoiler 2.jpg

Whats with this "FAIL" all the time?? it's only a "FAIL" if you don't like the end result yourself??

Will anyone other than the people on this forum know what spats are correct at first glance? probably not :)

If someone said "FAIL" all the time about KITT i'd be on forever getting it right. as it happens, the Supra peeps probably wouldn't know which bits were right and which bits were wrong without doing extensive research!!

So can we please have less of the "FAIL"

Peter

Looking good,

I have never been a real fan of modded supras I like the stock look :), But there is something cool about having a F&F replica supra. At the end of the day thats why I got into supras because that was the first time I really looked at the car and loved it. Then when a mate had one and took me out for a spin that sealed it :).

Your not far from us yorkshire lot, I will try and get a meet arranged for the North East some time in the newyear, :cool:

Before anyone says anything, i know it's not exactally the same as the one in the film, but for me, that was the worst part of the car. The spoiler was far too big and went above the rear windscreen.

I therefore opted for a smaller, similar spoiler for my car.

Does the stock Supra spoiler go above the rear windscreen? I may be wrong, but I thought it was supposed to in order to not obscure the rear view?

I'm not too keen on your choice of spoiler, it reminds me of the Halfords ones. Can I ask what spoiler it is?

Liking your progress though, it won't be a perfect rep, and not everyone will like it, but I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished result :)

I believe people are saying 'FAIL' because you stated at the beginning of this thread that you had decided to do a Fast & Furious REPLICA. As you are clearly deviating away from the cars styling in the film, I can only agree that it isn't much of a replica. If you had just stated that you wanted to loosely style your car like the F&F car then people wouldnt put it down I dont think. Just my take on things, not having a go at you or your car. Whatever is good for you is all that counts, but its not a replica IMO

Good luck with completing it

Gaz :)

Cheers Guys.

we all have our different opinions of what a replica should be. Again though, your average Joe on the street won't be able to tell it apart. Only people from the Supra world would only really know for sure.

It will look more like the Film car with everything else that i do to it. please remember, it isn't finished. In the future, i may even change some of the parts over if i become unhappy with the general look but as of this moment i'm chuffed to bits with the end result :)

This thread is doing exactally that which i created it for. to let people know of the progress i am making as and when i add extra bits to the project.

I just object to the use of the word "FAIL" which implies that something is wrong with what i am doing here. I'm creating a car that i like therefore not failing in any way other than not building a Replica to other peoples standards. It is a replica, non the less.

Would have been far more complementry and generally nicer if other people using the word "fail" had put it in the way you did Gaz .

Peter

Edited by pbryant_knight (see edit history)