The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fast & Furious Replica (Orange Supra)

pbryant_knight

Cheers Gaz,

I wasn't talking about 9 out of 10 people on this forum or Supra experts, i was talking about your average joe from the street (and no, not Suprajoe off here lol)

I suppose a Replica is in the eye of the beholder and depends on how you percieve it. When i (and most people i've spoken too) think of the car in the film, they said "oh yeah, orange supra with Graphics on it". That's why i decided to go for the most recognisable traits first (and cos it was orginally pink lol). No one ever stopped and said "yeah, the Supra, can't remember the colour but it had bomex spats on the back" :) Weirdly, I've already been stopped 3 times asking if it was the one off the film and did i have it imported?? that was really weird lol. And that was without the hood and Bomex nose.

Like i said, i can post up 20 pics of KITT replicas and you probably won't tell the difference but if the people on Knightrideruk were to look at the same pictures, none of them would be a replica by these standards.

Anyway, i'm not delving into the replica discussion anymore, i've said my piece on the replica front and others have said theirs. Doesn't matter if the people on here think of it as a replica, Supra, modded car etc, the thread is to show the progress made on said car :)

Current progress is that i've got the Bomex nose and hood all fitted now and i'm really pleased with it. Will take some pics as soon as i can in the daylight (providing it stops raining.)

Bad point, i have a flat tyre :( Looks like a trip to the tyre shop tomorrow.

Peter

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...they said "oh yeah, orange supra with Graphics on it". That's why i decided to go for the most recognisable traits first... No one ever stopped and said "yeah, the Supra, can't remember the colour but it had bomex spats on the back"

This is a very valid point, to anyone other than enthusiasts, it is a good enough replica to fool them.

Weirdly, I've already been stopped 3 times asking if it was the one off the film and did i have it imported?? that was really weird lol. And that was without the hood and Bomex nose.

See... lol.

Like i said, i can post up 20 pics of KITT replicas and you probably won't tell the difference but if the people on Knightrideruk were to look at the same pictures, none of them would be a replica by these standards.

I know I wouldn't be able to tell... :blush:

Current progress is that i've got the Bomex nose and hood all fitted now and i'm really pleased with it. Will take some pics as soon as i can in the daylight

Excellent! Looking forward to the pics! :D

You still haven't told us what spoiler you used? :p

Just saw the pics of this a few pages back and realised I think I saw this at Jurgen's place a few weeks ago when I went to pick up mine?!?

I was in the unit talking to the insurers when an orange Supra pulled up outside and Jurgen went out to greet the driver, and then I was too busy grinning as I drove mine away to take a great deal of notice of what else was going on. I think the bonnet was up and a few guys were under it, though...

Well, here are the pics of my Bomex nose cone and TRD hood.

It was raining (again) but i took the pics anyway.

The spotlights in the nose were a bitch to fit. On one side the mounting tab just didn't stretch back far enough. Just hope it doesn't fall out lol. The lights aren't functional yet though, i'll need to get them wired in properly when the weather is a bit more clement :)

Peter

Supra Nose 1.jpg

Supra Nose 2.jpg

looks superb - way better than i envisaged it would. Wheels and spats do let the car down a tad if I am honest but the car does look very very good and convincing. I got my genuine spats for £30.

They aren't v.popular for some reason so maybe stick up a wanted post in the classifieds and you might get lucky.

For £59 you'd get the kit spot on.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-SUPRA-BX-STYLE-REAR-SPATS-bodykit-kit-bumper_W0QQitemZ170402113782QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item27acc1e8f6

I see what you mean. Don't think so.

Perhaps the bodyshop could blend your current spats (top part) on to the bomex ones. I know my bodyshop can work magic and probably do that. No harm in asking your spray man if he can do it capably.

Also are you sure it'd be pink underneath? He may have primered or sprayed it underneath.

Only problem i have is that my current spats come higher up than the bomex ones. That means that when i take them off it'll be pink underneath and i'll need to get the rear quarters re-painted too. Are there any Bomex spats that will come all the way up to where my current ones do?

id leave the spats as they are you would have to be a right anorak to notice