The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fast & Furious Replica (Orange Supra)

pbryant_knight

A) You need an aerotop

B) IMO do it but don't put the silly spoiler on - TRD or stock spoiler works fine

C) If you are going to do it, do it in a less "look at me" colour, and less graphics etc.

Kinda like what i did :D

I dont think it looks that bad at all. But opinions were always mixed, on here anyway. Public eye generally loved it as did I.

Car looks slightly different now anyway.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A) You need an aerotop

B) IMO do it but don't put the silly spoiler on - TRD or stock spoiler works fine

C) If you are going to do it, do it in a less "look at me" colour, and less graphics etc.

Kinda like what i did :D

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s183/dreamer512_bucket/DSC02954x-1.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s183/dreamer512_bucket/DSC02960x.jpg

I dont think it looks that bad at all. But opinions were always mixed, on here anyway. Public eye generally loved it as did I.

Car looks slightly different now anyway.

I am liking it alot fella, very tasteful

I like the F+F Supra and think that shade of orange is beautiful, the only thing I don't like is the spoiler. Not a fan of graphics but Im sure with them taken off it'd look like a nice car. I think it's a bit unfair to call it dated when we all love stock supes (15yrs+), TRD spoilers ect and they're as old as dirt and done a million times but each to their own. Just for the record I want a TRD spoiler on mine :-)

I'd love to see your KITT mate, that's my all time favourite car - 80's child ya see.

I did like the paint on the F&F Supra (I even had a Orange Civic in a similar colour before the film came out). The bodykit was alright if I remember but the decals & rear wing I never liked. I think if you built one minus the rear wing & decals, would look very good!

Good luck with your project though as it seems you want to build a replica then you will need to get it as close as

possible to the film car (minus the engine & performance).

As for the fact it's an Aerotop, i know this, but i have an interesting idea for that ;)

PLEASE say you aren't going to cut the roof!! There are many reasons you can't (shouldn't just do that on this car)

Here's a couple of pics of my KITT. One at Knightcon last year and one from a Wedding that i hired him out for a couple of months ago.

Very cool on this front though :)

The KITT is really nice, the Supra won't be - stick to what you are good at sir ;)

If building replica cars from the TV is your thing then a half-arsed attempt at the F&F horror won't make you happy, go for a replica JGTC / SuperGT or Orido's RS*R drift car or something, the orange thing hasn't aged well.

The KITT is really nice, the Supra won't be - stick to what you are good at sir ;)

If building replica cars from the TV is your thing then a half-arsed attempt at the F&F horror won't make you happy, go for a replica JGTC / SuperGT or Orido's RS*R drift car or something, the orange thing hasn't aged well.

:yeahthat:

Jun Supra :)

1JZX7ZoXudw

Yeah, the only thing i don't like is the stupid HUGE aluminium spoiler :(

So you'll be leaving this off then?

IMHO, I think you should moddify your Supra as INSPIRED by the F&F Supra. I've seen a few replicas, and TBH, it's nothing new. Yeh, the F&F Supra looks awesome, it was fresh then, and instantly recognisable. But if ANYTHING on your replica is wrong or different, then it's not only a fail, but it's an EPIC FAIL!! And EVERYBODY will laugh at you. It's not an aero-top for a start, which loses maga points and starts you off as a fail before you've even begun!

If you like the colour, use the colour, if you like the kit, use the kit, if you don't like the wing, use something different (maybe even spoiler-less?)

I'd suggest you have a good look around the forum. There are LOADS of post about different body kits you can get, different wings, wheels, etc. which you may see and instantly change your mind. You may even end up with a completely different kit, a different colour which you think matches the kit better, some wheels which complement the shape and style of your Supra, and an interior to go with it all. Who knows... Just please. Don't produce ANOTHER replica of the F&F Supra, especially when there's so much more choice out there.

Congrats on your purchase BTW :)

P.S: Read up on engine swaps if it's a TT or single turbo conversion you have in mind!

Is that good or bad?

I have NO idea on these sorts of things lol.

Peter

It's a bit of an ongoing joke with the rubbish script in the film.

All MKIV Supra's have a 2JZ engine fitted so the "2JZ, No Shit" is quite funny - what else did they expect to be there? :rolleyes:

It also had a 2JZ-GE engine in the film (non-turbo), which then later magically turned into a 2JZ-GTE single turbo engine.