The mkiv Supra Owners Club

w00t! Finally got my Supra!!!

James

I know what I would do! ;)

TT6 isn't my bag personally. The auto is much more driver friendly whether it's BPU or single IMO.

The other thing I'd point out is you have ironed out most, if not all the issues with this one now. If you do buy a different one, you could end up with just as many issues, if not more than the ones you worked so hard to put right on this one!! :rolleyes:

I'm personally looking at getting the look right on mine, both inside and out. Will then go full BPU, with lots of supporting mods, FMIC, AEM temp gauge, AEM AFR gauge, updated cams etc. Will then look for a single conversion from Paul Whiffin, along with an uprated Titan autobox.

Have you driven a modified TT6 yet? The clutch can be a royal PITA! Lol. Guess it's personal choice but there was a reason Nissan fitted an auto to the GTR! ;)

Whatever you decide to do, best of luck with it fella. :thumbs:

Cheers.

Pete

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know what I would do! ;)

TT6 isn't my bag personally. The auto is much more driver friendly whether it's BPU or single IMO.

The other thing I'd point out is you have ironed out most, if not all the issues with this one now. If you do buy a different one, you could end up with just as many issues, if not more than the ones you worked so hard to put right on this one!! :rolleyes:

I'm personally looking at getting the look right on mine, both inside and out. Will then go full BPU, with lots of supporting mods, FMIC, AEM temp gauge, AEM AFR gauge, updated cams etc. Will then look for a single conversion from Paul Whiffin, along with an uprated Titan autobox.

Have you driven a modified TT6 yet? The clutch can be a royal PITA! Lol. Guess it's personal choice but there was a reason Nissan fitted an auto to the GTR! ;)

Whatever you decide to do, best of luck with it fella. :thumbs:

Cheers.

Pete

He has a 5sp NA-TT right now buddy, not an auto.

I have made the decision to definitely keep this one! :) Have sorted out so many niggly annoying things with it that there is no way I can offload it!

• New crank pulley
  • New heater matrix
  • Upgraded to UK spec brakes all round
  • New clear lensed headlights
  • New slam panel
  • New Bumper mount
  • New facelift bumper
  • New RMM lip
  • New facelift wings (rolled)
  • Rolled rear arches
  • New FMIC
  • New RSR Stainless exhaust
  • New central dash panel
  • LSD diff (well, next week!)

There is probably more that isn't coming to mind just now, but there has certainly been more replaced on the car than I like to think sometimes! :) Considering I feel that I haven't really done anything to it yet!

But yes, next thing is the diff as mine gave up yesterday/today so I'm after an LSD this time to replace the open diff I've had!

I'll get some pics of the new look front end up tomorrow, it looks great! :)

• 6 months later...

Wow I haven't updated this one in quite a while (car isn't worthy of a project thread so this one gets the picture whoring! :D )...!

I blew my A01A 4.083:1 open diff up a while back. Decided that I should upgrade rather than go like for like so I picked up an A02B 3.769:1 LSD from a TT Auto (thanks Keron - he also changed the flange over on it so it mated to my W58). Much better! Less snappy which has helped a lot! It is also more fun and puts the power down much better, which is only a good thing :)

Changed to a facelift front bumper (thanks to SupraDan24) to match up with the facelift wings (cheers Add Heywood) (would be without side repeaters otherwise and one came up for sale already painted!). It had the same lip as I did already but with the 'ears' removed:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/205887_516470789633_976515683_n.jpg

I got a set of facelift rear lights new from Whifbitz which brought the back up to date quite a bit:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/185167_516447850603_169191452_n.jpg

Still to change the rear bumper to the UK spec I have acquired (still to pick that one up Marc(AB10)!) to get rid of that horrible foglight. It won't just be the bumper though, I bought a Shine Auto Carbon Rear Diffuser from the Whifbitz group buy. That will perk the back end up quite a bit more!

Looks like this (for those members on here in the stone-age that haven't seen one yet!) :

Sorted out my headlight issues and bought a set of facelifts with HIDs. Much better! (Thank you very much for these Johnny G!) (Apologies for the poor pictures):

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/198192_518012365303_888077098_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/77001_518012390253_1097060970_n.jpg

Got my BC coilovers fitted. Have left the damping reasonably soft and kept the ride height high so they can 'bed-in' and while the weather sucks over winter. A little practicality (for now)!

An opportunity came up to get hold of a lovely new - and quite rare - APR HKS Kansai carbon front lip from Whifbitz. I'm looking forward to getting it on...

http://whifbitzperformancetuning.co.uk/images/aprfrontspoiler.jpg

http://whifbitzperformancetuning.co.uk/images/aprfrontspoiler3.jpg

I think that is about all. More to come soon! :)

Congrats fella, the car looks great :)

I'm interested in your feedback about the diff swap, have you found the gears noticably longer with the diff being under geared? Do you find it any slower to accelerate? From a techincal perspective it should make a bit of a difference negatively, but it's not always the case when it comes to the seat of the pants feeling :)

Congrats fella, the car looks great :)

I'm interested in your feedback about the diff swap, have you found the gears noticably longer with the diff being under geared? Do you find it any slower to accelerate? From a techincal perspective it should make a bit of a difference negatively, but it's not always the case when it comes to the seat of the pants feeling :)

Thanks Daryl, appreciate it :)

The diff change is a bit difficult to pin down as I changed a couple of things simultaneously! Bumped up from reasonably budget 255/35/18s at the rear to some nice Yoko Advan 275/35/18s at the same time as the swap. So I've never really had a definitive comparison to give in that sense!

I haven't noticed much of a difference to be honest as far as gearing goes. Only thing I am conscious of is the difference in RPM > vehicle speed as my speedo has been acting up so I worked out where 30mph in 3rd was etc. Need to back off that little bit more, but not too much really! I haven't given any top speed runs or anything to see how it varies up there. Just acceleration! Still more than fast enough is for sure! More so when I put on my 1st decat (though we'll see how the W58 gets on with that!).

I found with the A01A that the acceleration was blistering, though it still is to be fair! In 1st gear with the A01A, the back end NEVER went out, no matter what! Which was a good thing I suppose, just strange! It doesn't hesitate with the A02B though! In saying that, I feel so much more in control now! The traction is improved for sure, though how much of that is down to the tyres is another thing I ponder! It wanted to spin up quite a lot with the ratio from the W58 feeding the A01A, but it still comes on boost (2nd turbo mainly of course) viciously with the A02B.

Again, a combination of both things (tyres and diff) but I feel a lot more confident with the car now! It doesn't seem as wayward! With those BC coilovers fitted, it will be interesting to see what I can do with the handling as the weather begins to improve again! I was thinking about some Titan ARBs as well down the line. Just every little to improve the setup! I don't plan on tracking, but would like to experiment with different arrangements!

When I passed you this morining i could've sworn you never used to have H.I.D's, guess this answers that then! :D

Looking good though dude, lights bumper and diffuser will spruce that rear end up nicely!

Cheers dude! Yeah it is getting there (slowly but surely!).

Yep, the diffuser at the back and the carbon lip will do wonders to it. It is just whether to wait for some skirts or just leave the stock sides is my new conundrum!

I'll be able to take the lip fitting time as an opportunity to fit the bumper to wing strips (that I'm still to buy!) while the bumper is off (I'm gonna fit the lip off the car so I don't drop it or anything :D )

• 3 months later...

Well, apart from new wheels (settled on CCW Classics, but require a little more saving for them!), the final pieces of the puzzle have been arriving for this Supra of mine!

My APR HKS Kansai carbon fibre lip turned up just before Christmas, as did the Top Secret sideskirts.

My Shine Auto carbon fibre rear diffuser arrived today, along with some Bride seat rails (for when I find some nice aftermarket seats). Bumper to wing fixing strips will be here on Saturday.

Just need to pick up the UK spec rear bumper now and it can go off to paint (I have something nice planned with regards to this... :D ) ;)

Well, apart from new wheels (settled on CCW Classics, but require a little more saving for them!), the final pieces of the puzzle have been arriving for this Supra of mine!

My APR HKS Kansai carbon fibre lip turned up just before Christmas, as did the Top Secret sideskirts.

My Shine Auto carbon fibre rear diffuser arrived today, along with some Bride seat rails (for when I find some nice aftermarket seats). Bumper to wing fixing strips will be here on Saturday.

Just need to pick up the UK spec rear bumper now and it can go off to paint (I have something nice planned with regards to this... :D ) ;)

Good updates ;)

Have you now? Do tell! I'm gonna get the wheels turning on this soon just trying to clear my feet of jobs to do just now. Lads on here seem to like firing jobs in my direction!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

47 months have passed since I bought this car!

I've had some stressful times with it. I've had blood, sweat and (nearly) tears with it. I've had LOTS of great times with it. I'm so glad that I've had the opportunity to own it and be involved with the Supra community.

Here is the final picture of it in my ownership:

I'm going to miss it of course, but onwards and upwards is the best way (check my signature if you are unaware what I feel satisfies that ;) ).

Thanks to all that have had any involvement with selling parts for it, buying parts from it, putting parts on it, taking parts off of it, just anything. I appreciate it all!

:)

I've had some stressful times with it. I've had blood, sweat and (nearly) tears with it. I've had LOTS of great times with it. I'm so glad that I've had the opportunity to own it and be involved with the Supra community.

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg193/HateEvent/ByeCar2_zps9384e97b.jpg

I'm going to miss it of course, but onwards and upwards is the best way (check my signature if you are unaware what I feel satisfies that ;) ).

Thanks to all that have had any involvement with selling parts for it, buying parts from it, putting parts on it, taking parts off of it, just anything. I appreciate it all!

Farewell to it! Upwards and onwards! :)

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg193/HateEvent/ByeCar2_zps9384e97b.jpg

Nice to see she finally sold James, was a lovely car that you spent alot of time on, is she staying in the club? Oh and have you got your black facelift single 6 speed yet? :D