w00t! Finally got my Supra!!!

James

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last little bit of welding done to the new crossmember just to smooth everything off where it meets the inner wing:-

Grinding back the excess to make it a bit more flush before getting the Zinc primer on to seal it before painting (just picked up a couple of white 040 spray cans from Halfords):-

Refitted the intercooler and it's pipework, covered the inner wings with the old outer wings (Ridox +30mm ones are en route) and covered the front end over with the old bumper (Ridox one en route) and put the blootered bonnet back over the tarpaulin cover just to keep it in place whilst it covers the engine:-

Just for the bits to arrive and get painted and then we're almost good to go again! Still have to put the rest of the dash back in first :lol:

All in all, pretty pleased though :)

• 2 months later...

Finally got a bonnet and driver's side wing sorted out. Both in 040 white too :)

Need to get a passenger wing and a stock front bumper and I'll be pretty much set.

I bought a Ridox front from DARETT back in November but it hasn't arrived yet and - as I've scrapped the idea for all of the Ridox kit for just now (Uni peasant and lots of fancy parts don't go together ideally :lol: ) - I don't like the idea of only partially doing the Ridox look so I'm going for an OEM front instead. Preferably a facelift one so I can make the car look 'facelifted' generally. :)

Another stock airbox sorted too (bump cracked the original one):-

attachment.php?attachmentid=125337&d=1294949296

Getting there :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ridox bumper is not happening anymore as it's still not here so I opted for an OEM instead with the RMM lip.

Also lucked out big time as I decided I wanted to get a UK rear and MarcAB10 had a rear bumper that he got cheap which he was gonna chuck out and it turned out to be a UK spec when we checked today:-

Quite happy about that!

Just need to put everything together and get it MOTd and insured etc. (hopefully the passenger wing I have is salvageable too!)

:)

Yeah you dont want Ridox dude, that kit is just hideous :p I mean who would be seen dead running about in that kit. Jeeeeeesh!!!

Coming along well dude, bet you cant wait to get back out in her eh? :D

Haha!

I'm gutted to be honest as I really wanted to do the full Ridox.

I think the main swing is that I'd rather get the car going again and it look stock than it be Ridox'd and sitting there mocking me while I recoup money for everything else (general life included haha! :p )!

I'm happier now than I was a while ago about it though that's for sure!

Hopefully in the not too distant future!

When this bumper arrives I'll get everything put onto the car (wings back on, bonnet, bumper) and then I'll need to get it MOT'd.

After the MOT I'll take the UK spec rear fitted and get my ass to a bodyshop and get the UK rear painted, rear quarter ding fixed, passenger wing repainted (probably) and bumper+lip painted.

Then it's all fun from there :D

• 2 weeks later...

Myself, marcAB10 and monsween got some cracking work done yesterday!

Wings fitted (I re-used my original passenger side wing, though it has a little flick above the light cluster, the driver side wing from Hodge!), front bumper fitted (thanks to Magictorch for providing that one!), bonnet fitted (thanks to Hodge for that too!) and clear lensed headlights in (thanks to caseys for them!).

The driver side bonnet hinge that I received seems to be bent slightly as the pin pops on it, causing it to sit funny unfortunately. A new one of them and everything should line up fine!

All I need now is to put the arch liners back on (securing bumper and wings more), sort the bonnet hinge, fit the bonnet catch, put the inside back together (heater box is being a pain in the a$$!), fit the UK spec rear I'm getting from Marc, do the rear foglight mod, get the nuts for the headlights as they are only held with the bolt at the top and free up the brakes. :)

Sounds like a big list, but when I get a good go at it, it shouldn't take too long really!

Connected a big socket to the crank pulley bolt and it turns fine so hoping it fires up easy enough as it doesn't seem seized :)

Here are a couple of pictures (needs the front badge on once the bumper is painted (high build primer for now)):-

:D