James

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

The brakes were done in a brake caliper paint I got from a - now closed down - local car parts shop. I'll check the manufacturer later!

The spark plug cover was done in a Rover Green (I'll check which soon, it was Halfords rattle cans though! Some lacquer used too!)!

My RSR exhaust unfortunately had a hole in it (mild steel), so required replacing. When I checked on here, Scott M was selling the 3.25" stainless steel version of it so I snapped that up and it arrived just the other day! Glad to retain the RSR exhaust as I loved the last one! :)

Also got hold of some OEM Bilstein shocks with Tein 30mm lowering springs from MarcAB10 as I found my front springs to be slightly cracked on the Tein coilovers. :(

As the Greddy 2 Row seems to be injured, I'm in the process of getting hold of an SRD 2 row FMIC to replace it. Should hopefully be with me in the very near future!

Once the intercooler arrives, I'll get everything fitted and the MOT done finally! Hopefully there isn't anything else needed after that!

Here is a picture with the UK brakes on:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/263395_508864013673_339200132_256953_1941543_n.jpg

:D

• 1 month later...

Well well well... 18 months and 6 days after that bump my car is back!!!

While it has been off sick it has had the dash removed to replace the heater matrix, front end (bonnet, bumper with RMM lip, wing, bumper guide, crossmember) replaced, new headlights fitted, UK brakes fitted, full suspension change to OEM Bilsteins with Tein springs (coilovers were knackered), RSR exhaust replaced with the S/S version of the same and damaged Greddy 2 row intercooler replaced by an SRD 2 row FMIC.

Had it's MOT today and passed fine! Delighted is an understatement! :D

Convenient that today is so nice and sunny and that I don't have any Uni classes! :)

Edited by James (see edit history)

Well well well... 18 months and 6 days after that bump my car is back!!!

While it has been off sick it has had the dash removed to replace the heater matrix, front end (bonnet, bumper with RMM lip, wing, bumper guide, crossmember) replaced, new headlights fitted, UK brakes fitted, full suspension change to OEM Bilsteins with Tein springs (coilovers were knackered), RSR exhaust replaced with the S/S version of the same and damaged Greddy 2 row intercooler replaced by an SRD 2 row FMIC.

Had it's MOT today and passed fine! Delighted is an understatement! :D

Convenient that today is so nice and sunny and that I don't have any Uni classes! :)

Fricken' awesome news!!! :D

At last! I will get to see this Supra. Good work.

I thought you had seen it before? Though it was the Golf I had at NEMS I suppose! I've been to a meet with the Supra (Baxters soup place!), I thought you were there!

Fantastic mate, glad to see you back in the car again. You are one of the pure enthusiasts who works his ass off for his car so it's nice to see it come together for you :)

Thanks for the kind words Scott :) I wish that I was finished Uni and earning as much as I wish to spend on the car but I certainly do give it my all with what I can while still in Uni and working part time!

glad its finally back on the road dude, im surprised i didnt see you yesterday, i was i was driving about most the day enjoying the sun aswell lol

Yeah I was out a fair while! Haven't ever seen yours properly yet!

sweet mate, we getting to see it next wk then/

Only if you come up after Crail? :D

• 5 months later...

New - facelift - front bumper has been purchased (thanks SupraDan24) with an RMM lip with the ears cut off. Getting some facelift front wings from Add (Heywood, thanks also!) as someone hit into my O/S one and dented it! They should arrive soon so the bumper and wings will be fitted in no time!

Got some bigger tyres from Marc(AB10) - Yoko Advan 275/35/18 which were scrubbing pretty bad so got my rear arches rolled today. Muuuuch better! :D

To help the stance and prevent scrubbing even more, I just bought some BC Coilovers from Whifbitz. They will arrive next week. Can't wait to get everything sorted out!

Have been having speedo issues but today noticed that the wire at my gearbox is attached to... nothing! Need to get the panels off and see where it goes and solder it together :)

Apart from that, I just have some plans that I'll need to sort out with the car over the next while. All of them will be semi permanent as I want to buy a facelift TT6 rather than doing a 6spd conversion to this car as it isn't cost effective to do so IMO.

Much happier with it all again though! :D

• 2 months later...

Still undecided between the Kansai and the urethane WW lips! I'll need to pick one soon though, as I'll be getting the car humped pretty low and don't want to keep the fibreglass RMM!

Things are going to actually start happening with the car now though as I finish my last ever Uni exam tomorrow morning but had an interview last week and got a project engineering job offer today so I will be able to afford bits now :)

Just read this start to finish.

Really good read I thought. :thumbs:

What I really liked was your determination and hard work to get this back on the road mate. Lots of people would have sold up or given the job to a garage at considerable cost. You stuck at it on sod all cash-flow, and put it right.

I really admire your determination and attitude towards jobs many wouldn't even attempt.

Great effort on a shoestring budget fella! :thumbs:

Top marks to all who helped you out along the way as well. Supra community spirit at it's best! ;)

Hope you get it all finished up the way you want so you can enjoy it again mate.

Cheers,

Pete :)