The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Geo's T67 Single Build Thread

Geo

that looks like a bargain, be interesting to see how it performs.

great thread by the way :thumbs:

That toyosports IC looks identical to the XS power ones.

We'll see how this performs yeah. If needed i'll get another one come pay day. :D

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I reckon will be fine, i know a lot of cars that have run the xs fmic with no problems.

Nice, lets then??

Thats the spirit :D:D

Your just trying to get me to spend more, ya div. :D

:yeahthat:

Ran the XS on mine and inlet temps were never a problem, only really changed due to "peer pressure" :D.

Cool mate, why change it though if temps were good??

Would you use it again??

Nice, lets then??

Your just trying to get me to spend more, ya div. :D

Cool mate, why change it though if temps were good??

Would you use it again??

Prolly seems a bit shallow, but it was purely a "brand name" thing :rolleyes:.

If I were building a car and it was a case of spending the financial difference between the XS Power & Greddy 4 Row on something that would benefit the build then I would def use the XS Power FMIC again. Prolly said this many times now but when it was ducted it performed awesomely, & when I swapped to the Greddy I didn't notice any performance gains.

I only swapped to the Greddy as my project had matured and I was ready to replace bits & pieces on the car that would be deemed "extravagent" during a single turbo rebuild.

Looking good m8 :thumbs:

Why AEM on the EMS? Personally I'd go Solaris and avoid the need for a DLI.

Cheers,

Brian.

Bought it off jamie for a bargin long ago Brian, so may aswell as use it.

Just little niggles needing done, one being a half decent wastegate and screamer pipe needed.

Other than that just waiting on parts arriving :D

Hairy muff - it's a capable enough combo! :)

I'd probably go with a Tial wastegate - they seem decently priced and are reliable. No issues with one on my bro's ST205.

On the IC I'd always go for a decent brand because of the difference in end tank design highlighted on loads of threads on the subject. Appreciate it's low priority in such a build though and the extra cash can be better splashed elsewhere given the performance from the cheapo ones is decent enough. What I couldn't be arsed with are the fitment issues you tend to get with them over the premium brands...

That turbo should be a beut on a stock cammed car - should be capable of ~600bhp with great spool on your new setup :thumbs:

Hairy muff - it's a capable enough combo! :)

I'd probably go with a Tial wastegate - they seem decently priced and are reliable. No issues with one on my bro's ST205.

On the IC I'd always go for a decent brand because of the difference in end tank design highlighted on loads of threads on the subject. Appreciate it's low priority in such a build though and the extra cash can be better splashed elsewhere given the performance from the cheapo ones is decent enough. What I couldn't be arsed with are the fitment issues you tend to get with them over the premium brands...

That turbo should be a beut on a stock cammed car - should be capable of ~600bhp with great spool on your new setup :thumbs:

yeah looking at the Tials just now Bri, waiting on Klye getting back to me with price. Where did your Bro get his from??

Yeah fingers crossed i get some good figures, be a nice little street car. :D

yeah looking at the Tials just now Bri, waiting on Klye getting back to me with price. Where did your Bro get his from??

Yeah fingers crossed i get some good figures, be a nice little street car. :D

Only problem getting a tial is, we think on the manifold that he has (whifbitz) it is a 50mm v-band fitting, and tial dont make a 50mm v-band wategate as far as im aware so the options are limited slightly.

Does anyone rate the Synapse ones, they seem to have great reviews fromt he research i have done and do them in the required fitting. :search:

That is the same end tank design as the XS power, so more thean likely from the same supplier. However, as mentioned, they don't seem to be a problem running up to 550bhp or so.

You might find it's mounted too high, I had to lower mine about an inch to get it fitted nicely (Greddy 3 row). The air con pipes should certainly not get in the way so it'll just need moving down to get them to clear. Did they include the PAS cooling pipes in the kit? Those will almost certainly get in the way.

That is the same end tank design as the XS power, so more thean likely from the same supplier. However, as mentioned, they don't seem to be a problem running up to 550bhp or so.

You might find it's mounted too high, I had to lower mine about an inch to get it fitted nicely (Greddy 3 row). The air con pipes should certainly not get in the way so it'll just need moving down to get them to clear. Did they include the PAS cooling pipes in the kit? Those will almost certainly get in the way.

No PAS cooling pipes with the Kit dude, yeah looks as if it just needs dropped TBH. im sure we can come up with something. :D

So as its stands iv been serching for a 50mm vband wastgate to fit paul whiffins new manifold with screamer pipe. As the kit that came off the car has been modded to work with that manifold. Ans i need to sell it all as one unit

Ones im finding are loads of cash, looking for other option on this etc. JamieP has been helping me search along with Kieren.

Need options guys, its the only things that needs sorting. :D

cheers

So as its stands iv been serching for a 50mm vband wastgate to fit paul whiffins new manifold with screamer pipe. As the kit that came off the car has been modded to work with that manifold. Ans i need to sell it all as one unit

Ones im finding are loads of cash, looking for other option on this etc. JamieP has been helping me search along with Kieren.

Need options guys, its the only things that needs sorting. :D

cheers

Why dont you use the Turbosmart wastegate that I sell with my turbo kits?

Can't tell much from that mate, other than that looks like a denso iridium plug... in which case are you mad?!? :D

On the plus side, doesn't look like any oil has made its way along the thread :thumbs:

Can't tell much from that mate, other than that looks like a denso iridium plug... in which case are you mad?!? :D

On the plus side, doesn't look like any oil has made its way along the thread :thumbs:

one of the plugs had oil round it, at the bulk head. Wasnt much though, all was cleaned up. And new plugs installed.

Parts getting delivered tomorrow well main parts anyway. :D

What size is the wastegate V band on your manifold Paul? Will it only accept a Turbosmart Pro Gate 50?

If that is the case then Geo - you either have to buy one of those or cut the end off and weld on another flange to go with your chosen wastegate.