single build almost done with pics :)

L33

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i will try and break it down, this will also help people planning a single build them selves...

i bought a nackered engined single turbo supra that i used..

gt4088 turbo, LSD, twin fuel pumps, 3 core fmic, 44mm tial waste gate, aeromotive fuel pressure regulator, boost controller, custom down pipe, screamer pipe, aem air to fuel ratio gauge £4500

then ive bought..

boost logic auto box £1500

3800 high stall £700

hks 264 cams, greddy emanage ultimate and wiring harnesses £1500

wiseco forged pistons £500

sard 800cc fuel injectors £500

hks ssqv £200

polished rad pipe £55

polished intake manifold £100

modify standard fuel rail to take twin feeds to replace tacky ebay jobby £80

25 row gear box rad, gates cam belt, hks pullys, oil pump, water pump and hks FCD £1000

full engine bearing kit, ARP head stud kit, full engine gaskets £560

defi control box, boost, oil temp, oil pressure and glove box carbon pod £780

defi egt gauge £150

second defi oil temp gauge £200

gear box rad fan £130

gas bonnet struts, 2 pod door pillar pod £120

full uk brake set up and stainless hoses £1422

3 inch blitz 2nd decat, coil pack clips £180

and a private plate :) £300

well that comes to £14447 :) lol and spent about 1k on bits of labour, boring out block for bigger pistons, putting LSD from the supra i bought to mine

stil have rest of labour to pay and mapping but that will come just under 4k i expect

Yeah ... the single route isn't very cheap :D

Seeing the cash you spend on the transmission, would it not have been cheaper to have gone for a swap for Getrag with a upgraded clutch?

Luc

no other pics just yet.

but the garage is doing a hole picture process thing so i will when i get them :)

i have no idea about the fcd thing, was just told the one that was on there was shot so i had to buy another? well at least it will def have fcd now then twice :) lol

well i did get a agreed value quote with adrian flux that was good will ring them again soon to check, hope its the same, i have the email quote to argue it if not!

dont even go there with the gear box thing... i bought a box and high stall for 1500, but the high stall got lost in postage so i had to buy a new one :( ive had a few problems with this build, that to name one!! never mind almost there!

just looking into a catch can, im ordering a nice big 4 inch k and n from whifbits tomo and toyota gt are going to custom make a alloy pipe to fit it to the turbo, as the one the supra came with is a bit pants, and when i get the measurements for the front wheel spacers i will order them so its not far off at all!

yes its a lot of money but i blew this up exactly a year ago on the 27th of this month so ive had a year to source funds and plan! been a few tough time and quite a bit of stress! my gf needs a huge thanks for me boring her to death with me talking about cars 24/7, and hours of internet planning and moody lee times when i hit another problem! thanks you vicki, love you :)

Cheers for the comments :) yes blackie i wil take you for a spin when she is back. Plan to come down and see you all any way! I live in yeovil, but the car will stay at my parents in street. Am i the youngest single turbo owner ;) just be glad to get it back then start saving for other bits, want to get some decent Tyres first, then want to get some bling and then work on the interior. I want to rip the rear out and get a nice cage :) im hoping to get some mag attention as thats always been my dream. Started off at 17 with a 1.2 nova thinking if only i could afford a supra and now im just livin the dream :) just want to get to as many shows as possible too if there is any when its back. If not there is always next year!

You have spent a lot of money and still have an xs power manifold, id invest that little bit more and get something worthy on there mate.

Good luck with it all, hope it works out well for you.

What FMIC do you have?

mayb thats some thing so save up for then before i do the rest, need to keep some funds ready for the usual gt4088 reputation buy the sound of some threads ive found!

i think its a xs intercooler as well :( came with the supra i bought! i had a greddy one put on before i decided to go single but was only a little 2 row so thats some thing i want to change too!

just need it back on the road! thing is now, ive spent all savings so its just wages i have left so its hard to by any thing else!

Getting there.

Shame you couldnt push to an AEM or SOLARIS.

As Jamie says, if you can, get the XS power stuff off the car!

Don't set your hopes on 600bhp as you may find its more diffucult to get a high BHP figure in an autobox. Especially if you want it to last. Why not aim for 500 and then up to 600 at a later date when you can afford for your autobox to fail?

I would also suggest considering RLTC and you will need decent tyres.

Good luck

Jon

i have no idea about the fcd thing, was just told the one that was on there was shot so i had to buy another? well at least it will def have fcd now then twice :) lol

The irony is, not only does the E-Manage have an FCD function built in, but you shouldn't ever need it if you've got an adequate fuel system, as fuel cut only comes in once the stock ECU is spitting out 100% duty cycle :)

-Ian

Getting there.

Shame you couldnt push to an AEM or SOLARIS.

As Jamie says, if you can, get the XS power stuff off the car!

Don't set your hopes on 600bhp as you may find its more diffucult to get a high BHP figure in an autobox. Especially if you want it to last. Why not aim for 500 and then up to 600 at a later date when you can afford for your autobox to fail?

Good luck

Jon

for a auto the emanage ultimate was ment to be better.

its a build boost logic box which i believe are rated for around 700bhp? once i try and get high RR figures it will all be turned down as you wont want full power every time!

yea have been recommended the RLTC and its a thought for future, just going to drive steady and not push my luck. worked to hard to drive it stupid!

and soon as its back the tyres will be getting changed

Good luck

Jon

yeah i definately would not get to hung up on the power figure lee, you are going to be over 500bhp which is putting your car in the "fast" bracket, mine has been at this level now for nearly three and a half years and only after all this time do i feel the need to up the power a bit, i find low boost sees off (with ease) 95% of cars on the road, the other 5% i use high boost but this is very rare, as jon states above you need to buy the very best tyres you can afford and RLTC should be the next thing you buy, as for the auto box i am very sceptical of BL quoting 700 hp, yes they probably would handle this power but for how long ? mine now has close to 30k miles on it and still shifts the same as when i bought it, however i treat it sympathetically, very rarely run full power and watch the temperature gauge like a hawk............have fun :D

Yea i wont be running full whack much. Cant really use that much power on roads but its nice to say you have it! Stil need it to be drivable! I was looking at a set of 888 but not great in the rain but have been recommended a fair few other like eagle f1s and a few more i have wrote down some where! :)

• 1 month later...