• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 months later...

hello mate

ryan managed to fit the new aem fic and get the car running and also solved the problems of the gauges lighting up when the car was locked?!

just need to change the front to rear brake hose, new front number plate and it will then pass the mot.

the garage said they will finish off when they get back from xmas hols so fingers crossed no more problems and i will have the car back in jan to begin running in then a trip to surrey RR.

went and seen the car the other day and it looks pretty nuts :) almost forgot how beautiful the supra was! when its back i want to do a clean up of the engine bay, touch of paint here and there ect to make it worth popping the bonnet :)

not sure if i will get the 600bhp target figure as we down sized to 650cc injectors when the ecu first played up as thats what we thought was causing the problems. if i dont get 600 will def have to get the 800cc back in :)

ye been there a year, been endless problems but finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel now and just look forward to enjoying it next year!

keep thinking what i could of been driving if i didnt spend the money on the supra as you know its a expensive habit. just hope its worth it

What ECU are you running now? Never had a problem with the EMU running slightly larger injectors,mine had 780's and we have another with 800's both ran perfect, idle start and where ever, for £1500 you could have had the cams and a HKS F-Con pro, just look at the big power cars that come out of Japan using that!!! Then you could have run 1500 cc inj if you wanted.

The BL box should be fine allthough I would have gone for a 4200 converter, you will prob have to fit a converter lock on the gearbox if you want it to live any length of time!! and I know of a few cars in the states running 9's on them, remember heat kills auto boxes so get a guage in there because you will not believe how hot that thing will get on the motorway!!!! You need to be able to lock the gearbox tocool it down, the coolers alone will NOT keep it cool enough on the motorway.

hello mate,

now have a AEM FIC fitted, in the end it wasnt a case of the larger injectors being to big, was just faulty EMUs

i bought my first one from velocity performance and he has ignored me so ive lost out on 500 quid there. i wouldnt ever use them again as there customer service is shocking!

the 2nd one i got from whifbitz and again faulty. THIS HAS NOTING TO DO WITH WHIFBITZ, its just a faulty EMU unit.

i dont know the full details but ryan g was doing the work, with the 800 injectors the duty cycle couldnt be turned down enough so we went for 650s thinking it was the size of the injectors but then with the small injectors the car wouldnt start when hot as i think they said the signal to the injectors wasnt setting them off? i cant remember. ryan might be able to shed some light.

He did say he has a few supras all with the same EMU problem so thinks its a faulty batch and is going to recommend the AEM for them. i will be sending the EMU from whifbitz back to greddy in the new year to try and get a refund as so far ive bought 2x£500 EMU and now a AEM FIC for £320 a lot of wasted money :(

you mention cams but i have a set of hks 264s with the hks advanced timing pullys :)

as for the highstall, gone for a 4200? i thought my 3800 was stupidly high, was recommended to go lower if any thinhg but i went for the 3800 as it was better suited for the gt4088.

i have a defi oil temp gauge for the box fitted, a 25 row oil coller and a spal high powered fan for that rad so hoping it will do ok.

i read a bit into the lock for the gear box but it sounded a bit dodgy, cutting into wires ect, and reading more into it peoples opinions were just learn to control it with your foot and dont bother as its only because it keeps trying to down shift when you go to over take on a motor way or a slight increase in speed, well from what ive read.

whats your method for fitting the lock?

all depending on the RR results i might try and fit the larger injectors later in the year, just seems pointless to have all this work done, money spent and not have large bhbp figures just because of small injectors.

Behave was running a very simular set up to myself and made 610 with 650cc, so im hoping i can do the same, i will be more than happy with 600+ already have the private plate K600 CYA when i do :)

i think Dudes right here mate, i can just about blag my 3200 stall into changing up by letting off the throttle but not sure this will work on a 3800, its really no big deal either way as a lock up switch is a doddle to fit IIRC its one wire on the box that needs snipping and a switch to ground, try your set up first and see how it is, i cant stress enough how important that transmission gauge is, in my car it is the most looked at gauge of all of them, i would also look at a thermostat to switch the fan on as trying to do it manually really is no good, by the time you look at the temp its usually to late and the fan should have been on about 2 minutes previous

to be honest im not sure how they have fitted the fan if its manual of on a stat!

will leave it on if they havent lol

is the switch some thing i can do or is there any instructions? i didnt have much luck when i was searching?

Im sure whoever now has the car can sort out the converter lock:taped:

The problem is in the stall speed. Until the car is going over 3800 the converter is slipping no matter how you use the throttle, so at 3000 rpm the gearbox is just going to overheat no matter how you drive it, and the lock willmake a lot of difference to economy.

LOL a splitter box splits each gear in each ratio!!! But you will get used to when and when not to use it, I got back from TOTB after winning the rear wheel drive drag section on under a tank of fuel by using the lock up switch and we were really not hanging about, btw I live in Brighton, so that will give you an idea of how good a mod this is, im surprised your tuner did not mention this to you when you spoke about the Hi stall.