L33

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the forum? and research

You did pretty well then dude, maybe you should have built your own car!!!;) the 3800 will work well, I take it that it is a precision industries one as they are definatly the best, the BL box is nice too, that will make a lot of difference, have you got a link to the piggy back dude. Did anything get done to the bottom end so you can rev it more to take advantage of the cams??

ha ha cheers

i have loads of threads asking for advice before i bought any thing

not sure of the make of the high stall but i bought it direct from boostlogic in the states?

i dont have a link to the piggy back but if you google AEM FIC should find it, it was a recomendation from ryan g after having the 2 failed EMU units

ive had slightly oversized wisco forged pistons fitted, top of my head i think its 86.5 cant remember now with out looking.

To be honest im not sure about the bolts? I guess you mean the bolt connecting the piston to the con rod? The only thing i know has arp is the head stud kit. I assume the crank has been balanced this has been goin on for a while so i cant remember

To be honest im not sure about the bolts? I guess you mean the bolt connecting the piston to the con rod? The only thing i know has arp is the head stud kit. I assume the crank has been balanced this has been goin on for a while so i cant remember

attachment.php?attachmentid=103155&stc=1&d=1261920379

The bolts connect the rod to the crank mate. :)

Conn rod1.JPG

i wouldn't worry about the bolts at the power your looking at :)

some companies will insist you change everything possible for a couple of reasons

1. they make more money out of you :)

2. it can help cover any weakness in their engine building skills, the stronger it is the less chance of it going wrong of they do something not 100% correct :)

if you had an unlimited budget which lets face it most of us dont then yes you would uprate everything for longevity of the engine but for most people this isnt an option and you have to compromise somewhere :)

i wouldn't worry about the bolts at the power your looking at :)

some companies will insist you change everything possible for a couple of reasons

1. they make more money out of you :)

2. it can help cover any weakness in their engine building skills, the stronger it is the less chance of it going wrong of they do something not 100% correct :)

if you had an unlimited budget which lets face it most of us dont then yes you would uprate everything for longevity of the engine but for most people this isnt an option and you have to compromise somewhere :)

although i can understand some of the above, a set of ARP rod bolts hardly requires an unlimited budget, from memory their around £50, i certainly would'nt go to the expense of an engine rebuild and not fit ARP throughout

To be honest i really dont know so im not goin to say they have or havent. Ive left it in there hands just specified and supplied bits a long the way. As mentioned in a perfect world every thing would be upgraded but its not always needed. Was even talk i didnt need the pistons but i still went for it. I always think of jamie p in situations like this, 10 sec car on standard internals and loads higher boost then i will run mine should be fine and under half the stress!

I really dont know. As a few of you know my mechanical knowledge is as good as england in the world cup :) so unless im told or advised i wouldnt know! Thats why i tried to ask a lot of questions on here and just generealky talk to people to get info on there set ups. Truth be told this was the biggest mistake of my life! Lost so much money, been with out a car, spent 20k on this project but its been over the year so just thrown most of my wages at it every month and struggled on if im honest not just saved then spent but there are stil better single supras on the market for a lot less, the only good thing is its personal to me and i know what ive put in it! But hey i can say ive been there done that now :) and will hopefully enjoy it next year :)

I really dont know. As a few of you know my mechanical knowledge is as good as england in the world cup :) so unless im told or advised i wouldnt know! Thats why i tried to ask a lot of questions on here and just generealky talk to people to get info on there set ups. Truth be told this was the biggest mistake of my life! Lost so much money, been with out a car, spent 20k on this project but its been over the year so just thrown most of my wages at it every month and struggled on if im honest not just saved then spent but there are stil better single supras on the market for a lot less, the only good thing is its personal to me and i know what ive put in it! But hey i can say ive been there done that now :) and will hopefully enjoy it next year :)

Did they tell you it was going to take a year? was they waiting 10 months for parts or something? seems ridiculous to me, id be fuming.

Your stock bolts will hold the power of the 4088.Even aftermarked caps and bolts has failed before such as the Titan ones.

Not talking about bolts dude were talking about revs and you would leave the stock bolts would you?? Of course they will have been checked to make sure they had not stretched too much would'nt they. Yes aftermarket may well fail but at much higher revs and power, how do youknow what his bolts will hold ? do you know what boost and rpm he is going to run, 264's will hapily rev to 8K do you think that would be ok on stock bolts and unbalanced bottom end???

ryan was planning on running 1.5 bar max

The power is not the problem Lee a stock supra can hold 1000hp thats been proven, the problem comes when you rev it higher to take advantage of the cams. Im going to bow out of this one now as we have far to many experts and its going to get silly, if you get stuck feel free to give me a bell and i'll talk you thru anything else........................................ now where are all those stock rod bolts im putting them up for sale;)

thing is mate its really to late for me to change any thing now :(

just have to keep revs down?!

just putting a thicker cloud over this whole thing :(

Find out what has been done to the motor dude and make an informed decision.

Stock and new bearings etc 7000-7200

ARP rod bolts and balance 7500-8000 depending on how much lighter the pistons are, what make are they dude, the CP ones are much lighter.

Did you say you have spent 20K !!!!!!!!! I hope thats on other stuff as well as the mechanics.