Wez

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
Guest bennyessex
Am I right in saying people are going to pay £145 for something that tells you what the psi is of your tyres?

I have a thing that cost me £1 that does that.

Would it tell you that you had a puncture just before you got to a bend and loose grip smashing your car to bits ;)

My lack of handelling would tell me I had a puncture.

If it was a slow puncture I would see it when I parked.

If it was a blow out I would know, I have had one before and nothing happened apart from the tyre walls vanished.

:D

You're right. If you 're moving your car only on the road, you probably won't need this.

But for track fun, it's a nice to have :)

Am I right in saying people are going to pay £145 for something that tells you what the psi is of your tyres?

I have a thing that cost me £1 that does that.

And temp,

It will alarm and show you if your psi drops.

Its instant and constant and is amazing for track use and road use.

You will only notice a slow puncture if you see it,

You will onlt notice a blow out when you lose control

Atleast with this you will see the temp rising and the psi changing before the blowout so yeah this is a great bit of kit

It will also tell you if a tyre is starting to delaminate as this tyre will get hotter than the rest and pressure will increase more then the others.

If you've ever had a tyre delaminate or suddenly blow out at speed it is at best frightening and at worst lethal....... look at the Ford Explorer problems with people being killed in the US. This is why TPMS is now mandatory on all new cars over there.

Far, far better than a £1 guage!

And temp,

You will onlt notice a blow out when you lose control

No you don't. I had one and just pulled over because the car was vibrating a lot. control was a bit strange but nothing to bad. Tyre had no walls inside or out, just like a big rubber band :p

• 3 weeks later...

Well this worked the other day!

Screw through the edge of the tread of my new low profile on the back of the Focus. Pulled over and changed it immediately.

Problem is that the screw was about 3 inches long and had worn out the inside of the tyre sidewall, making it scrap!

£72 later for another brand new tyre :rolleyes:

Still, I wouldn't have noticed it was flat as it was being held up by the low profile sidewalls which are pretty rigid! I could have continued driving on it until it fell off :shock:

Next time it may save the tyre :D

• 4 weeks later...

I have been in contact with this company, regarding use of the sensors without the supplied valves. I have 90 degree valves. The sensors can be fitted to the rims with adhesive without any function issues. However the manufacturer will not honour the guarantee if adhesive has been used. Needless to say I decided not to proceed. Just thought I would mention it, as there may be others with non standard valves.

• 2 weeks later...

I've read this thread with interest, having had slow valve leaks - you can lose a fair bit of pressure before the difference in handling becomes noticable in general road driving.

As I have split rims with 90° valves, I'd need to mount in the rim. The only real question I still have is about the banding used to hold them in place. How much does it affect the balancing? And does being wrapped in steel affect the signal?

Thanks

K.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.