The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TyreSure - Tyre Monitor System

Wez

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paid for mine yesterday, arrived this morning now thats service!!, nice 1 wez for arranging, probably take me a month to fit it now,:)

Updated :thumbs:

Also contacted the remaining buyers for an update.

Just got my sensors fitted.

A few local tyre fitters that i rang didn't want to touch them. But I found a place up for the challange and got the sensors fitted and tyres balanced for £40, which I thought was very reasonable.

The display works very well and changes between tyre pressure and temperture every 30 seconds or so.

Very good bit of kit that I would recommend to anyone.

Has anybody who is not utilising the valves any idea where they are going to bond them to the wheel and what bonding agent?

You can't just bond them as they will eventually work loose and rattle to f**k inside the tyre!

You need to strap them down to the centre of the rim using some kind of metal strapping system. There are two types I know of, Ligarex and the Jubilee clip type (that I posted about eralier in the thread). Another option may well be the metal industrial strapping they use for shipping items in crates or on pallets????

Stick it to the rim with heavy duty double sided sticky tape (No More nails does an excellent one) then strap it down :D

Has everyone fitted these with the "big jubilee clips", or have some of you fitted them using the standard valve mounting?

I'm curious as to the reasoning behind the "jubilee clips" are you concerned that the valve mounting won't strong enough, or is it a case of resenting purchasing the valves each time the tyres need changing?

Cheers

Mike

Mike, I know a few people have to keep the tyre valves they've got, as they are special fitments/sizes for split rims for example.

I'm going to fit mine with the valves; I don't get through tyres often enough to worry abuot a slight cost increase but at the same time I don't need to wonder if the no more nails is holding up. ;)

but at the same time I don't need to wonder if the no more nails is holding up. ;)

The double sided tape is there to cushion the sensor against the rim to prevent it fretting and working loose......the big jubilee clip will be doing all the work of holding it on :)

It'll need double sided tape between the sensor and the jubilee too.

No more nails double sided tape is best as it is about 2mm thick, very very sticky and also compliant so it will squash/move instead of damaging the sensor.

Personally I'm using the supplied valve as it will fit in the hole. Looks to be very well made and plenty strong enough to hold the sensor.

I'm sure that done properly the tape & massive jubilee clip thing will work, I'm just paranoid about things that could go wrong, going wrong. I wonder what forces it could be under particularly if someone went for a drag-stlye tyre warm up; lots of sideways forces which aren't necessarily accounted for by a jubilee clip/tape combo?

As long as the sensor is mounted on the valve and angled so it is close as poss to the rim , there is no reason it should get damaged on a tyre change especially if the tyre man is experienced with tyre preassure systems, least that's what my garage told me :)

• 2 weeks later...

Right I'm having a nightmare finding anyone who will fit these for me, I've tried a number of my usual tyre fitters all of who won't touch them. Anyone got any suggestions? Animal - have you found anyone local to Preston yet?

Mike

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.