The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TyreSure - Tyre Monitor System

Wez

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been thinking about going for one of these, but I'm just wondering how buyers of this device found the accuracy/consistency of the display readings, i.e., when all tyres are inflated to, lets say, 36 psi and verified with an accurate gauge, did all readings on the Tyresure display indicate 36 psi?

The reason I ask is that in an Auto Express review, someone commented about the poor accuracy of these systems:

3) And perhaps most importantly I cannot get the control unit to agree with any of my tyre pressure gauges (even the Auto Express winner in tyre gauges) nor with calibrated tyre fitter pressure machines. This would tend to make me think that the Tyresure unit's pressure isn't calibrated properly.

He went on to sum up:

My initial recommendation would be to nitrogen fill your tyres and check them weekly and treat this product purely as a rather expensive gimmick.

Just wondered how buyers of these systems found them once installed, as the above comments put me off the idea a little.

Interesting since a few race teams in TimeAttack use them including Paul who has recently installed one and I also run one and found it to work well.

The temp reading I think is less useful for track setups as its an ambient temp of the air inside the tire where as you want tire surface temp from inner, middle and outer areas.

I suppose Wez they could still work well and give inaccurate readings. Even if the pressure reading was out, it's still good though to get an alarm indicating that pressure in a tyre has dropped considerably.

I was a bit surprised by the comments of the guy on the Auto Express website. If his readings were 10%+ out, then I could sort of understand the negative comments, but I don't know how inaccurate his unit was - or how accurate he expected it to be.

Has anyone filled their tyres with a given pressure and had the display indicate exactly the same amount - or maybe a figure that was well out?

Has anyone filled their tyres with a given pressure and had the display indicate exactly the same amount - or maybe a figure that was well out?

Maybe Tony could add to this, when we were at Time Attack he was checking the temps and pressures, I think we compared a gauge to the TyreSure and was happy to continue just using the TyreSure unit.

Are there any of the discounted priced units left, I have all 4 wheels off for a refurb at present and this would be a great addition to the car

I believe people are still getting the club price although Whiffin may be able to do a deal as well ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone have any pics of this mounted in the car, and how they did it? (had a quick browse through the thread and didn't see anything.)

I'm very interested, but until next month I just don't have the funds...

It comes with some velcro, here is mine :thumbs:

Looks a neat unit.

You don't seem to get a great deal of feedback (positive or negative) about these things from buyers... there's quite a lot of enthusiasm about buying, then little or nothing afterwards. I've noticed the same on other forums.

I asked a question over a week ago in this thread about some units that had been playing up; there's been no response so far.

I also asked my local tyre fitter about TPMS systems in general. He wasn't very enthusiastic about them - to put it mildly! He said they're easy enough to fit, but he's seen so many that play up or simply just don't work... :(

I'm still interested, but I must admit, I'm beginning to have second thoughts...

Thanks mate.

Was thinking I'd probably put it in a similiar area.

I like the idea of having one... but I'd have to use the old jubilee clip on the alloy idea me thinks.

... can the power to this be supplied from say the clock?

Sorry if this has been mentioned already...

• 1 month later...
Hi guys, I've been trying to get in contact with Ben regarding these but he hasn't responded to recent PM's, I cant find his actual email address, anyone go it?

Have you tried calling him, details in the 1st post of the thread :search:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.