The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TyreSure - Tyre Monitor System

Wez

Update 15-Sep-2009

If people want a unit I have had confirmation from TyreSure that the next 10 units will go for a special price of £145, this is not another group buy just ten units available.

Hey All,

I have just been given the OK by the mods to setup this group buy. Its for the TyreSure tyre pressure monitoring system.

These retail at £179 incl VAT plus Delivery.

I have arranged the following prices and possibly an even bigger discount if we can get more than ten.

5 units : £165 incl VAT and Delivery

10 units : £145 incl VAT and Delivery

http://www.tyresure.com/index.htm

http://fwd.five.tv/upload/0004/6511/Tyresure_Tyre_Pressure_Monitoring_System.jpg__size_10.jpg

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/resources/images/zoom/tyr_tyre-sure-products.jpg

http://www.dcdezign.com/images/products/tyresure_monitor.jpg

Some info from the website :D

The T.P.M.S system constantly monitors tyre pressure and temperature. The system alerts the driver when tyre pressure or tyre temperatures are abnormal. It is totally wireless and CE Certified.

In the USA T.P.M.S is required to be fitted by law on new vehicles from September 2007. Many European vehicles already have this system installed. It saves fuel, it saves tyre wear, it saves lives.

FEATURES & BENEFITS

• System operates 24hr - 365 days - 7 year battery life

• No need to check tyre pressures

• System alerts driver within 3 seconds of abnormal pressure or temperature

01 : Wez - PAID

02 : SteveR - PAID

03 : Animal - PAID

04 : Spidermonkey

05 : Suprahuman

06 : Jimojameso

07 : Kopite - PAID

08 : brdleyh_15 - PAID

09 : Marco79 - PAID

10 : Kranz - PAID

11 : supra_matt

12 : STU/3LTR/TT - PAID

13 : Stuliet - PAID

14 : Jsy_Guy - PAID

15 : AlanM - PAID

16 : Pixelfill - PAID (2 sets)

17 : dannyspeed - PAID (2sets)

18 : Pig - PAID

19 : bignum - PAID

20 : brad88 - PAID

Payment Information

Contact Ben on Tel: +44 (0) 1530 517 920 to arrange payment and delivery, tell them you are part of the MKIV Supra group buy.

Price is £145 including vat and delivery .

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any pictures of the units actually on the wheels? I wanna see how they sit and what they look like when they're on!

Cheers

D

Do you mean in the wheels, from the outside all you will see is the new tyre valve head.

Can the battery be replaced after 7 years?

Just had a good look on the website. The replacement batteries come as part of the sensor and are about £40 each. Replacement valves are about £4.

I've always been interested in these, might look into it. Few things I need to sort out first before this though :D

I looked at this system a while ago but put off the purchase due to lack of pennies. If we can get the numbers for the discount then count me in. :)

01 : Wez

02 : SteveR

03 :

04 :

05 :

06 :

07 :

08 :

09 :

10 :

I was only thinking the other day something like this would be quite useful, hadn't got as far as looking if it actually existed - good timing. I'm potentially up for this.

03 : Animal

04 :

05 :

06 :

07 :

08 :

09 :

10 :

will this affect the balance of the wheel? can any old tyre fitter fit these? what wheels will they fit.

i could be very interested in this at the right price ;)

03 : Animal

04 : Spidermonkey

05 :

06 :

07 :

08 :

09 :

10 :

Just spoke with Ben from TyreSure and here are some more details.

Can the battery be replaced after 7 years?

No, its a sealed unit and the min life span is 7 years, once the battery has died a new unit is required which at the moment is approx £40.

Wez, do they come in different sizes, I already have trouble getting 6 mm valves for my Kosei wheels?

maybe intrested but theres not a lot of info on fitting how do they fit into after market wheels?

The unit itself does not have to be installed with the valves, you can bond them anywhere within the wheel if you wish. The valve mount is just the supplied method.

I also confirmed that these are designed for harsh environments and are already used by a number of people within the Time Attack etc.

Wez, do they come in different sizes, I already have trouble getting 6 mm valves for my Kosei wheels?

Presumably if the sensor doesn't need to be mounted to the valve then you could use your existing valves... Wez?

How would you mount them to the wheels if you didn't use the valve attachment, would they need to be bonded onto the outer surface of the rim wheel (inside the tyre), in much the same way as the balancing weights?

I'm interested, and if the price is keen enough I may be interested in 2 (or even 3 sets).

The next question which is slightly off topic, is what is the best way to determine the optimum pressure for your tyre / wheel combination?

Mike

Just to let you know guys i have bought these before and have used on various cars and they are an amazing bit of kit.

Any tyre place can fit them as they fit like all valves do or you can have them without the valve anywhere in the wheel.

The screen is also easy to use. i would recommend these to anyone.

I lost my last set when i sold my golf and depending on money later in the month i will be up for the groupbuy on these

Presumably if the sensor doesn't need to be mounted to the valve then you could use your existing valves... Wez?

Correct :thumbs:

How would you mount them to the wheels if you didn't use the valve attachment, would they need to be bonded onto the outer surface of the rim wheel (inside the tyre), in much the same way as the balancing weights?

Thats the way I understand it yes :)

I wonder what the cost would be for a tyre place to remove all tyres, fit these, re fit tyres, re balance and refit wheels, any thoughts, I like the idea of having one of these, a gadget that actually has a real use and a safety feature

Depends on the tyre place, my local fitters normally only want a minimal fee.

Sounds like a top idea, but a bit bleeding expensive isn't it!!! You could buy enough sets of pressure monitor dust caps to last 7 years with them being nicked every month at that price!!

I thought £145 was pretty good.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.