The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TyreSure - Tyre Monitor System

Wez

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotcha, sorry I was being a bit dim - basically those wheels need the angled valve to look right.

That one pic looks like they just have a normal valve on there though, not coming through the main part of the wheel - that's what was throwing me. Is that a photo of someone else's car?

These kits only fit if you have standard straight tire valves. If you don't they will not fit. I was told by the manufacturer that I could remove the sender unit from the valve stem, and stick the senders to the rim, but at my own risk and invalidating any warranty. Not trying to spoil any group buy, but be aware if you have angled valve stems.

So if the valves are pointing outwards, that's not good? :think:

Gotcha, sorry I was being a bit dim - basically those wheels need the angled valve to look right.

That one pic looks like they just have a normal valve on there though, not coming through the main part of the wheel - that's what was throwing me. Is that a photo of someone else's car?

yes these pics belonged to the guy i bought the wheels off in the US and there should be an angled valve on there but there isnt its just a normal valve

dont think there is anyway for me to do it so i guess you can take me off :(

You don`t have to use the valves with the kit, you can strap the sensor anywhere inside the wheel, some people use those plastic packaging straps or loads of zip ties together going right around the wheel.

i wouldnt be trusting zip ties in side my wheel :(

As already stated the sensors dont have to be fitted to the valve, you can fix them anywhere inside the wheel, again as already mentioned some people use the metal packing strips, like a large metal zip tie ;)

will that not damage the sensor tho ? and where could we get that stuff from ?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.