Supercharger Project

madmarf

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

bump!!

hey therre. just wondering if you have made any progress on this project.

i am planning the exact same setup.

are you able to post up pics of your mounting bracket and also of the loactions it bolts up to on the block?

i really hope you finish this. very cool.

( p.s. if your not the first, i will be :):):) )

• 1 month later...
Last day of summer was a few days back, you might want to change you sig unless its finished?:)

He needs to change it to: 'everyone else was right :('

shame though should be good once finished! wonder how long it will last!

ready for summer guys! thats summer 2010 when it will be fully working, no teething problems and wipping some TT butt! :)

should have been done by now but ran in to a few problems, like my workshop build being delayed and also not being able to find someone to make me some custom pulleys for less than selling my house :(

little change ont he engine side of things though, replacing the N/A with a TT so i have the extra room from where the dizzy was and saves me modifying the intake to run like a TT one.

it is coming, youll all just have to be patient :) good things come to those who wait !!

Edited by madmarf (see edit history)

So you are gonna fit a TT lump, remove the turbos and fit a supercharger? from somebody thats had a few supercharged cars thats a bad move imo, just leave it TT.

:yeahthat:

Wasn't the whole point of this thread to get an alternative power source to an NA rather than going NA-T.

If your going TT you may as well keep that, or Twin Charge it if you want to go really mad:idea:

your all missing the point, the only reason im swapping to a TT lump is because of fitting the intake and removing the dizzy. i dont see the point in doing the mod to remove the dizzy and whats the point in modding the intake? its much simpler to run a TT lump, without the turbos (therefore making it N/A) and fitting the charger that way

:yeahthat:

Wasn't the whole point of this thread to get an alternative power source to an NA rather than going NA-T.

If your going TT you may as well keep that, or Twin Charge it if you want to go really mad:idea:

well no, it was to simply see if a 2jz could be charged with an Eaton charger. i have run into several problems with the n/a engine, being, dizzy, placement of the intake and a few others. now to save me the time of modify the n/a im just gonna fit the TT and then take the turbos off, put another exhaust on there or block the turbo ports then run the charger with the extra room. once all thats dont i can calculate what extra cost it would be to remove / replace the certain parts. its not like we can go down halfords and get an eaton supercharger kit for the 2jz ;)

the 2jzgte TT & Supercharged was on the board with a few others after this one

Edited by madmarf (see edit history)

Better results? In what way? Power? Surely you can't beat the instant power delivery from the charger on such a large engine?

They suffer with very high intake temps when supercharged.

With such a big lump they have good low down power anyway.

They have big traction problems when supercharged.

Turbocharged makes far more power without the problems.

I also thought the whole point of this was to provide a viable alternative to an N/AT.

IMO its just going to be an expensive supercharged TT with little or no gain, i did say that fitting a supercharger would be fraught with lots of of problems, and unless you are prepared to manufacture your own brackets and plumbing,IE plenum, manifolds etc, then you are in for a lengthy and expensive process.

Very good point :cool:

Any more pictures of the work marf? Just maybe post up a few and people might have some more suggestions as to what to do with it ;)

Good points, but the americans all ways got for chargers from the factory, I suppose they will be smaller ones though and jsut be there to assist breathing then?