The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supercharger Project

madmarf

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck Marf i hope you get this completed , a very interesting project i may hold off getting a TT until i see what your supercharged N/A produces.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the wagon and off the booze nearly 3 months, everythings different when your sober.

Dude I aint'n't trying to be negative. I'm just asking what I think are very pertinent questions. Surely you must see that something needs doing about the vibration aspect (yeah you can probably live with that and not see huge fatigue damage but it will set your teeth on edge). The major issue will be that torque, every single time you stick your foot on the gas and increase the torque then lift off and decrease it you'll be slamming a load directly into the engine mount chassis legs. In the minimum it will twist and lift the car at the front taking weight off I think the drivers front wheel. Your biggest issue will be the threaded section that goes through the chassis leg. You'd be better jumping up a bolt size (you are after all manufacturing your own mount) and drilling a bigger hole in the chassis leg. Weld on an overlay panel top and bottom of the bolt hole and or over size it more and weld a close tolerance sleeve in it. Your most ideal solution would be a poly-bush replacement for the rubber section of the engine mount.

I wonder you say you are sticking the charger on a sprung mount, could you not strap the charger to the engine somehow so it pulled it against the spring towards the torque pull? If the strap had a bit of give it could effectively serve to pull the belt tighter as more torque was applied.

Like I said dude I'm not trying to be negative I'd love to see a supercharger work.

got it on ebay, from usa, was fitted to a 200sx, so just runa fresh map after taking off the harness with it and swapping injector 5 & 6 wire to the right location, was a good deal £200 basicly for

e-manage

200sx plug and play harness

greedy e-01

greedy boost sensor

greedy boost solenoid

cables

all but the e-manage is on ebay to get my money back :D

Good stuff, why have you got the emanage back up for sale??

Heres a link on skylineowners.com to my project thread for supercharging my skyline. Its a simular setup as both cars are straight 6's and using eaton chargers.

http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88589&page=5

Hope some of this info might help. ;)

Good stuff, why have you got the emanage back up for sale??

Heres a link on skylineowners.com to my project thread for supercharging my skyline. Its a simular setup as both cars are straight 6's and using eaton chargers.

http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88589&page=5

Hope some of this info might help. ;)

that looks really sweet bud. will definately have to meet up at some point. i looked at doing my skyline aswell till i sold it. goood stuff well done :D

right, heres the first video, please bear in mind that there is still masses to do and tidy up, ignore the belt slip as that isnt adjusted yet, and the exhaust blow (cover stud is out). but heres a taster, oh and im crap camera holder :)

right, heres the first video, please bear in mind that there is still masses to do and tidy up, ignore the belt slip as that isnt adjusted yet, and the exhaust blow (cover stud is out). but heres a taster, oh and im crap camera holder :)

Well done! Nice vid, I'd say your neighbours love you... haha mine did :sly: haha.

Can you get up a few pics of the mounting brackets man? Really interested to see how you did it:d

Well done! Nice vid, I'd say your neighbours love you... haha mine did :sly: haha.

Can you get up a few pics of the mounting brackets man? Really interested to see how you did it:d

you cant really see the brackets, and there only made of 4mm flat steel atm, need to make them up of 6mm when its fully sat. ill get what i have got though.

im seriously considering abandoning it all now though. its cost me £1600 up to this point, and i still have a massive way to go, having trouble clearing the turret and everything is just causing me a headache :(. i have proved it can be done, but lets see how i feel in the morning after a beer break :)

ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!:muahaha:

Don't give up at this stage mate, it'll be worth it in the end, trust me.

How often do you see a SUPERCHARGED Soop? NEVER!

It'd worth it just to prove the doubters wrong, whatever the final output is.

Go away from it for a while, give it a fresh coat of thinkin or just recharge your enthusiasm tank and go at it again.

Now mush boy, MUSH!!:D

you cant really see the brackets, and there only made of 4mm flat steel atm, need to make them up of 6mm when its fully sat. ill get what i have got though.

im seriously considering abandoning it all now though. its cost me £1600 up to this point, and i still have a massive way to go, having trouble clearing the turret and everything is just causing me a headache :(. i have proved it can be done, but lets see how i feel in the morning after a beer break :)

Dont give up man! Trust me it'll work out in the end. Trouble clearing what turret? It takes time to get it right, ok there is quite a bit of snagging involved but thats the fun of it! Don't put yourself under pressure and trying to have it done at a certain time. Just take your time and do it.

Took me nearly 2 months to do mine lol

Heres the video I had made of it, I had to do more snagging on it though

Keep up the work dude;)

ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!:muahaha:

Don't give up at this stage mate, it'll be worth it in the end, trust me.

How often do you see a SUPERCHARGED Soop? NEVER!

It'd worth it just to prove the doubters wrong, whatever the final output is.

Go away from it for a while, give it a fresh coat of thinkin or just recharge your enthusiasm tank and go at it again.

Now mush boy, MUSH!!:D

LMAO. haha. i think im just getting too fustrated with it. gonna have a few days off. never given anything up in my life so dont intend to start now :D

Dont give up man! Trust me it'll work out in the end. Trouble clearing what turret? It takes time to get it right, ok there is quite a bit of snagging involved but thats the fun of it! Don't put yourself under pressure and trying to have it done at a certain time. Just take your time and do it.

Took me nearly 2 months to do mine lol

Heres the video I had made of it, I had to do more snagging on it though

Keep up the work dude;)

Same as above buddy.

the suspension turret, got an engine brace on the way and some stiffer mounts so may sort it out, if not will have a slight knock at full throttle gear change but not to worry

cheers both :D

Just a question, how well does the supra's engine/electrics take to boost? Like im sure the engine would be strong enough but if you plumbed up a supercharger and ran it at 0.5 bar would the engine run ok? Like if a bigger pump and fuel reg was installed would it be ok without doing anything else?

Just looking for a bitta info dude :D

i have proved it can be done, but lets see how i feel in the morning after a beer break :)

You've started it up but that dont prove it will work as a drivable street car, im with the others that say mounting it to the chassis is a bad idea but do hope you prove us wrong or swallow your pride and mount it a different way, keep up the good work and dont give up:)

When it's done a few thousand road miles you can claim victory, getting these working stationary has been done quite a few times, but none so far (I believe) have had once running properly on the road, the few projects done here before always seemed to have belt issues. On that note I still cannot understand how you're going to overcome the slipage issue with the SC mounted to the chassis, it's fundamentally wrong - any engine movement is going to result in a latteral engine twist which will cause the belt to slip. Even with solid mounts you still have the subframe which the mounts fix too which allows some flex.

I really hope you don't abandon this, would love to see this completed, but there are fundamental issues which need to be addressed which will cut costs and pain/heartache in the long run.

I wish you the best of luck with this and fully support what you're trying to acheive :)

for all in doubt!

right lets get one thing straight, IT IS MOUNTED TO THE BLOCK!!.. so lets stop going on about that issue, there wouldnt be one mounting to chassis woth solid mounts and the set up i was planning i can guarantee it!

and no i am not abandoning it, just taking a break :), i dont know if anyone has ever tried this replying to this thread but its one of the hardest custom jobs i have done, and i work with SC every day. this seriously isnt for the small pocket or the one who has a nagging missus and no spare time lol. it will be getting completed but i think im gonna not push it for japfest in june as im gonna end up with problems. im pretty sure it wouldnt be that long after that though... im away at santa pod all this weekend with the monster trucks so ill have a lil break then get to it again next week :D. cheers all for your support.

Just a question, how well does the supra's engine/electrics take to boost? Like im sure the engine would be strong enough but if you plumbed up a supercharger and ran it at 0.5 bar would the engine run ok? Like if a bigger pump and fuel reg was installed would it be ok without doing anything else?

Just looking for a bitta info dude :D

still takes it quite well, after all the n/a is a TT engine without a turbo ;) or is it just the block ? cant remember now. but im sure you can run up to 12psi on n/a and up to 16 psi on TT, im sure someone will correct me though :D

for all in doubt!

right lets get one thing straight, IT IS MOUNTED TO THE BLOCK!!.. so lets stop going on about that issue, there wouldnt be one mounting to chassis woth solid mounts and the set up i was planning i can guarantee it!

and no i am not abandoning it, just taking a break :), i dont know if anyone has ever tried this replying to this thread but its one of the hardest custom jobs i have done, and i work with SC every day. this seriously isnt for the small pocket or the one who has a nagging missus and no spare time lol. it will be getting completed but i think im gonna not push it for japfest in june as im gonna end up with problems. im pretty sure it wouldnt be that long after that though... im away at santa pod all this weekend with the monster trucks so ill have a lil break then get to it again next week :D. cheers all for your support.

Glad your not giving up, but lets just get a few issues straight,

The doubters as you call them, are just people who are experienced in various aspects of engineering, who have tried to give you advice, which you seem determined not to listen to with an "i know best attitude" which won't exactly endear you;)

You have kept saying that you're mounting the SC to the chassis, so its no surprise that the doubts kept coming.

OK fine you have now revealed that know about SCs in your work, so you must know that they are not mounted to the vehicle chassis commercially.

I for one and i am sure quite a few others sincerely hope you succeed, so if your willing to listen, rather than shout everyone down, you will get plenty of support:)

Edited by Tricky-Ricky (see edit history)