The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supercharger Project

madmarf

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The M112 is a big unit isnt it, designed for large passenger cars and trucks?

M45, M62 and M90 units are also suitable for 3.0l engines.

http://www.eaton.com/EatonCom/ProductsServices/PerformanceProducts/Products/Superchargers/M112/index.htm

yes they are, good point. the application of the m112 is for larger engines however i deal with SC's day in day out on my monster trucks and i know a hell of a lot about them. all you need is to change the pulley on the m112 and she wont take much HP to spin up. its above the recomended but who ever goes by that lol.

it will work! :D

Should be nice, just the braketry and pipework thats going to take some careful thought, i am inclined to think 450bhp may be a bit ambitious, what boost are you thinking of running?

Good luck with it:)

is a bit ambitious but i always aim hi!! lol

gonna be running up to 16psi, but will probably cap it with a wastegate at 10-12psi.

any pics of current state?

not just yet. have decided not to pull the engine as its clean enough. waste my time really. so just a closer inspection in the vehicle then once i have a few other bits itll be down to hard graft. prob this weekend or next week :)

ill keep everyone updated though

not just yet. have decided not to pull the engine as its clean enough. waste my time really. so just a closer inspection in the vehicle then once i have a few other bits itll be down to hard graft. prob this weekend or next week :)

ill keep everyone updated though

I'm genuinely looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I like the whine some of those american efforts on youtube have.

I'm genuinely looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I like the whine some of those american efforts on youtube have.

yer im looking forward to it too. wont be in your face whine but certainly a double look at the lights thinking "Thats not standard" is it? :D

:Popcorn:, Really looking foward to seeing you complete this. You sound very determined, and you deal with them everyday, so I reckon you will succed with this project.

thanks. all support very apreciated :D

will meet up for :friday: for all those interested when completed.

I wonder :idea:

Could you swap the EMU for an AEM and then convert to a TT VVTI wasted spark ignition system which would then allow the SC to be easily mounted?

The AEM would also provide alot more control for a better setup.

As the VVTi already runs wasted spark there is no need for a HKS DLI either.

Well anything pushing my Aero to 350bhp for under the cost and hassle of dumping a TT engine it has me interested.

I think that's where you have things wrong mate. Marf may (sceptically) be able to achieve this doing all the work himself and using second hand parts, but the reality is; taking it to be done by someone else isn't going to be cheaper.

I know Dr Doom on this site has a TT transplant done in his N/A and it cost only about 2.5k

I think that's where you have things wrong mate. Marf may (sceptically) be able to achieve this doing all the work himself and using second hand parts, but the reality is; taking it to be done by someone else isn't going to be cheaper.

I know Dr Doom on this site has a TT transplant done in his N/A and it cost only about 2.5k

Hmm thats not to bad i suppose, just looking for a cheaper way out. Currently looking for a breaker at the salvage auctions to source bits.

yer, wont be cheaper however noone knows the cost because noone in the uk has ever done a supra SC!

Edited by madmarf (see edit history)

The AEM would also provide alot more control for a better setup. As the VVTi already runs wasted spark there is no need for a HKS DLI either.

Actually a Solaris S6 would be better as you could use a normal TT ignition setup and maintain direct fire ;)

I cant wait to see if this works!

So hurry up and get on with it! LOL

:( lol

im still trying to find someone or somewhere apart from the states to make my crankshaft pulley. i want to have everything in my hand then do it all. dont want it off the road for 6 weeks

That is a good way to go about things.

I think it is good to be different and i guess if you can make it work and get decent bhp figures from it it always gives you the option of being the only supplyer of these kits if you can strike a deal here and there with the places you get the bits from?:eyebrows:

That is a good way to go about things.

I think it is good to be different and i guess if you can make it work and get decent bhp figures from it it always gives you the option of being the only supplyer of these kits if you can strike a deal here and there with the places you get the bits from?:eyebrows:

yer im probably gonna try a vortex kit after and see what happens there ;) then they would be better to supply

I'd look at the Whipple W140AX if you can package it right. I had one for the MR2, but it was just not able to be packaged in such a tight space, so I flogged it on. Beautiful piece of kit though.

Here's on opening the taps on the Ford 4.6V8

_J7jR8zU8s4