The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mkivSupra.net Track day - Llandow - 20th June 2009

SteveR

Shut to early, i want to f*@k up my R888's before i fit my Michelin Pilot sports.

Jamie try giving these guys a call, doesn't say when they are open till but very close. This is by the Ford garage :)

LLANDOW

Penllyne Way Vale Business Park

Phone:0845 620 2000

Customer Rating:

(131 Ratings)

Distance: Less than 1 mile

Services: MOT,Servicing,Exhausts,Brakes,Diagnostic and 2 wheel alignment

View Map Open 8:30-5:30 Mon - Fri

Open Saturday Mornings

Edited by downimpact (see edit history)

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SORTED: I have contacted IOAN EDWARDS on 07816 339726

He will fit mine and Jamie's at Llandow. for around £12 quid a pop.

Any more for any more. He is easy on the time so I told him to aim for 3pm but I'l get back to him for confirmation.

Next time Steve, don't ask a boy (Downimpact) to do a mans job :p

The price per tyre (which includes removing the old tyre,

mounting the new one, putting a new valve in, balancing and VAT) is

only £ 10.00

Plus disposal of the old tyre(s) if required. £ 1.00

Alloy wheel rims: £ 1.00 additional charge

Maximal rim diameter that can be fitted: 22 "

HOMEFIT TYRES WALES Comments:

Mobile supply, fitting and balancing service. Cars and motorcycles.

Edited by vvteye (see edit history)

Any more for any more. He is easy on the time so I told him to aim for 3pm but I'l get back to him for confirmation.

only £ 10.00

Top man, 2pm would be good for me if possible, dont think my tyres will last past then

only £ 10.00

changed your brake fluid this time ;) :p

Top man, 2pm would be good for me if possible, dont think my tyres will last past then

I'll let him know when he rings me back. It won't be a problem

changed your brake fluid this time ;) :p

Yep, and the discs and the pads... just waiting for the oil :eyebrows:

He's gonna get there for 1pm to set up. He is keen to break into this market and I've spoken to him about joining us for days like this where he can fit some second hand slicks at the beginning of the day and then put our road tyres back on at the end.

It just get's better and better ;)

Shut to early, i want to f*@k up my R888's before i fit my Michelin Pilot sports.

:rlol:

Speak to me at the pub on Friday night mate. ;)

Nice one. :thumbs: Thanks Jon & downimpact for the help on that one!

Don't forget the lunch break is 1pm -> 2pm (see info pack!! - link in my sig) so if you're thinking about getting them changed around mid-action, you might as well have your tyres changed at 1pm so you can be back on the track at 2pm.

Edited by SteveR (see edit history)

only £ 10.00

I will be up for this, will bring new tyres for fitting late afternoon?

I will be up for this' date=' will bring new tyres for fitting late afternoon?[/quote']

all 4?

Just so I can prepare him. Also I'll be asking him to get there for 12.30 so he can sort out a few at 1pm.

You're supposed to burn off the skin on new tyres and it'll make a change to do this in two laps rather than 100 road miles :eyebrows:

That's a good point. People should be aware of any running in period/procedure needed on new their new tyres. Last thing we want is a load of people going back on the track after lunch (having built up their confidence in the morning) only to leave the track on the first corner because their new tyres slippier than a greased up pig.

all 4?

Just so I can prepare him. Also I'll be asking him to get there for 12.30 so he can sort out a few at 1pm.

You're supposed to burn off the skin on new tyres and it'll make a change to do this in two laps rather than 100 road miles :eyebrows:

Just two fronts to be fitted late afternoon if possible for a legal ride home. Just fitted two new rears today which will be scrubbed in before Saturday.

I work a little way North of the M4 between Swindon and Bristol, and my colleagues ceom from all over the place. Anyway I caught the end of a conversation today from a guy who travels in freom Cardiff(ish) each day...

apparently there are some tripod-mounted cameras dotted along the M4 (Eastbound & Westbound) that weren't there a few days ago

...they might be ANPR, they might be speed cameras, they might be any number of things. I just thought people might like to know as perhaps that area has become an accident blackspot, and it can be very easy for the speedo needle to unintentionally creep up a little in cars like ours.

Here endeth the public service announcement. :)

... and on a more positive note, the weather forecast for Saturday is sunny all day :)

I wasn't being negative! :p I was just warning people that a massive stretch of the M4 has - appreantly - become an accident blackspot.

The last thing I want to be remembered for is that chap who greeted many a Londoner one Friday night at a pub in Wales with "did those speed cameras I could have wanred you about but never mentioned catch you on your way down?" :D

Althoug that's good news on the weather front. (If it's rainy now I'll blame you! ;))

:rlol:

Don't forget the lunch break is 1pm -> 2pm (see info pack!! - link in my sig) so if you're thinking about getting them changed around mid-action, you might as well have your tyres changed at 1pm so you can be back on the track at 2pm.

I'm hoping he will be there all afternoon so I'll change mine when the old ones burst :p

apparently there are some tripod-mounted cameras dotted along the M4 (Eastbound & Westbound) that weren't there a few days ago

No worries, my car can only reach more than 70 mph on a downhill with a following wind, so I am normally safe. But thanks for the warning. I'll leave enough time to get down there steadily. Also means I should turn up with an 80% full tank if I drive sensibly so will have plenty for the day.

Had new brake fluid done yesterday, got it through an MOT and everything is sound, just need to switch to my more scrubbed set of tyres before heading down, with my better set in the boot for the drive back.

If anybody gets bored of passenger rides in 500bhp+ Supras and wants to feel the fine line between understeer, even more understeer, and lots of torque-steer in a car that is rolling like a dingy in stormy seas, then feel free to ask at the Saab....