Garage Whifbitz Supra race car build

Paul Whiffin

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not for the moment mate, probably will end up doing it though!

The dead of winter is the best time to attack that job. I got most of mine off with a couple of smacks from a soft hammer, it just comes away from the chassis complete.

If you can't wait til then I'd find a really big freezer!:D

OK, managed to get the fuel system in yesterday/today, thanks to Dazza as he did most of it! Consists of swirl pot and 2 extra pumps to feed the engine along with the 2 pumps I had in my fuel tank already. Nice pumps these Walbro externals, very quiet unlike Bosch 044's! Shouldn't have any problems with fuel starvation now.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, finally got my AP's on. Had a nightmare with the supplier making them correctly, I wont go into it all as it'll piss me off again! But anyway, they are all on and look the business.

The kit consists of AP Pro 5000+ 6 pot race calipers with 362mm floating discs on the front and 4 pot 335mm on the rear, Porterfield R4 race pads front and rear along with Goodridge braided lines.

I'll be adding these to my website very soon, if you want to buy the ultimate brake kit for the Supra then this is it. The kit will also be available with the road spec calipers to if so required.

Wow Paul ... those brakes look very nice :)

why did you go for Portefield pads and not for Performance friction like you had on the Stoptech's?

I tried the PF out last year as everyone raves about them but I had problems elsewhere on the braking system so never really tried them properly. I've been using the Porterfield pads for many years now so thought I'd stick to what I know for the moment, there's another brand I want to try out as well, I'll see how the Porterfields work first though.

Very nice mate! :eyebrows:

Only trouble is your running out of useable excuses for not getting some seriously quick times!!! ;):p

Really looking forward to seeing how this does at Oulton Park this Saturday as hopefully all of the issues that held you back last year are now sorted!

Weather better be good!!!

Pete :)

Very nice mate! :eyebrows:

Only trouble is your running out of useable excuses for not getting some seriously quick times!!! ;):p

Really looking forward to seeing how this does at Oulton Park this Saturday as hopefully all of the issues that held you back last year are now sorted!

Weather better be good!!!

Pete :)

Dont worry, there is a huge list of excuses waiting in the wings! Weather report is good at the moment, sunny.