Garage Whifbitz Supra race car build

Paul Whiffin

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just got back from Snetterton, had a good blast around, quite hard to get a clean lap in so didn't really have a chance to set a decent lap time. For the first time this year we spent a bit of time trying some different setups to change the balance of the car. The car felt a bit nervous on the rear end in the fast corners. So we tried adding a bit more rear wing angle plus getting the tyre pressures correct, checking the tyre temps at the same time. We ended up with a much better temp spread after increasing the pressures and at the same time the car began to feel more planted so we were definately going in the right direction with it. I'm going to increase the rear camber slightly to try and get some more temperature in the rear tyres. Off to Brands on Tuesday to get ready for Time Attack on the 28th, hopefully the setup changes will work there as well. Cant wait already!

Guest Stuart@Bigpower

The car looked rock solid through the high speed stuff Paul. Coram and Riches normally show instability up quite quickly and the car looked planted throughout. Did you manage to get any time or advice from Alan of Toyo? A few of our guys that compete in the sprints and drag stuff found him spot on for advice last night (bloody helpful too)

I'll post some relevant photos of the Supra up later :)

The car looked rock solid through the high speed stuff Paul. Coram and Riches normally show instability up quite quickly and the car looked planted throughout. Did you manage to get any time or advice from Alan of Toyo? A few of our guys that compete in the sprints and drag stuff found him spot on for advice last night (bloody helpful too)

I'll post some relevant photos of the Supra up later :)

Hi mate,

Yeah we worked quite a bit with Alan last year with the RX7, he certainly knows his stuff when it comes to tyres indeedy, very handy to have around.

Can you email me the pics as well? If not can I get them off the Bigpower website?

Thanks

Paul

Guest Stuart@Bigpower

There are over 200 photos being uploaded tonight and into tomorrow. Some videos are already up too

Direct links for what we have so far

http://picasaweb.google.com/maff667/BigPowerSnettJune09#

HD video

You can take any media you need from my site. We had four 'proper' photographers there and Ben was filming in HD so I guess there'll be some decent stuff in the next day or so. PM or email me if you need anything

Edited by Stuart@Bigpower
Photo size was hooooooooooooooooooooooge (see edit history)

Also, forgot to say the 295 tyres worked a treat, no rubbing at all so thats what I'm sticking with from now on.

On another note I cooked my power steering fluid at Snetterton which in turn knackered my power steering pump. So fitted a 13 row cooler to the power steering system today, should cure that problem hopefully. Just hope it doesn't effect my oil temps to much being in front of one of oil coolers, shouldn't do as they get up to 90 deg C!