Garage Whifbitz Supra race car build

Paul Whiffin

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fuel swirl pot arrived today, I've made it to fit above the diff under the floor, dont have to worry about boxing it all up in the boot area then to comply with MSA rules/regs. Hopefully my measurements were correct! Going to be running 2 Walbro's in tank which are already there and then another 2 Walbro external pumps under the floor next to the swirl pot, I'll post more pics up when we get cracking fitting it.

Ok, been doing more interior stripping the last few days:

The mission was to remove the dash so its loose as its going off to have the weld in cage tomorrow.

Dash removed

What a mess of wires, its had 2 alarms and a tracker over the years so there's crap everywhere, will have to sort this when I get it back in a couple of weeks

Pic of the back of the dash with the loom attached to it

The loom

I removed the loom from the back of the dash and attached it to the car instead, makes it easier to get the dash in and out in the future.

What a mess of wires, its had 2 alarms and a tracker over the years so there's crap everywhere, will have to sort this when I get it back in a couple of weeks

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/images/stories/mysuprapics/wiringmess.jpg

I'm coming out in cold sweats just looking at that, I hate car electrics, how you can make sense of that mess of wires I've no idea. Good luck with that!

A couple of updates, wont be anymore for a couple of weeks as the car is having the roll cage made and then off to have the exhaust made a tad quieter.

Anyway, I removed the ABS unit from under the engine bay, as you can see it leaves a nice big space for other bits and bobs. I'm going to have my catch tank and power steering tank in this area now, along with the HKS DLi and Aeromotive FPR. The resistor pack was mounted here before, I'll be rewiring that into the inner wing so its hidden out of the way.

Also fitted a new master cylinder just as a matter of course. You'll see braided lines going to the master cylinder, one connects up with the Tilton bias valve on the rear brakes and the other end into a t-piece for the front brakes.

Guest Dangerous D

Am glad your not going to be hassiling me about the wiring then Paul :p just make sure I get my cutters back.

Like the brake ducts look a bit to far over to me you sure there's enough room for the pipework behind there ;)

Am glad your not going to be hassiling me about the wiring then Paul :p just make sure I get my cutters back.

Like the brake ducts look a bit to far over to me you sure there's enough room for the pipework behind there ;)

You let him borrow your cutters!!! ;):D

If there isn't enough room I know a guy who's dead handy with an airsaw!!! :innocent::D

Pete :)

Nice work, would be interested to hear how the brakes feel with the ABS removed.

Steve and Ben ran them like that last year with good results, I've never tried them personally though so cant comment yet.

I was initially unsure about this, but after a short spell on track found it much better that with ABS. In fact having now got used to them without ABS I find it better. I'd rather lockup and know about it than run off the track whilst the ABS tries to sort things out!

It is rather hairy in the wet, but tweeking the bias valve allows you to get cool tail slides under braking:innocent:

A couple of updates, wont be anymore for a couple of weeks as the car is having the roll cage made and then off to have the exhaust made a tad quieter.

Does that mean they may have two supra's in at the same time for the exhaust work?

I loved the sound of yours when Daz fired it up :thumbs: