The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Garage Whifbitz Supra race car build

Paul Whiffin

Quick update before the next round of Time Attack this weekend.

I blew another turbo to manifold gasket at Brands Hatch so bought one of these Twinsturbo inconel T4 gaskets instead, going to give that a whirl, suppose to be bomb proof apparently.

I've also fitted a master cylinder stopper to stop any flex when applying the brake. Get someone to press the brake pedal down and take a look at the master cylinder, its quite suprising how much it moves, hopefully should improve pedal feel a tad.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also some hot Time Attack news, basically because Steve and I have been to fast in Club Class we've been bumped up into the Club Pro class. And the organisers have created a Club Pro rwd class which is great as we really didn't stand a chance against the front running 4wd boys. It means we are now out on track with the Pro Class cars which are seriously quick, at least we shouldn't get held up at all anymore, just got to watch the mirrors now!

That's great news!

Being put against much more "established" (perhaps not the correct description) cars will push you much more and take you to a new level.

Best of luck! :)

Thats the idea yes, and its where we really belong being a tuner. We've always wanted to be in the Club Pro but didn't stand a chance the way the classes were set out. Its all good.

I had a nightmare at Cadwell Park. Had a good practise on the Saturday afternoon, all was looking good, great balance on the car and even my brakes weren't giving me any problems.

Time Attack on the Sunday, 2nd practise session, doing about 8000rpm in 4th gear and boom, clouds of smoke out the back and no oil pressure, switched it off and pulled off the track to a marshall post. Got out and looked behind to see a trail of oil, looked under the bonnet and found oil all over the undertray and a chunk of alluminium.

Got transported back to the paddock area to find bits of my oil pump on the undertray. So from the look of it my oil pump has failed and chucked its guts straight out the side of the alluminium sump.

I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, trying to build up the enthusiam. Pretty pissed off anyway.

Bad luck Paul, you seem to be testing several parts to destruction lately!

Was the pump stock?

Here's hoping my managed to save the engine from any serious damage.

Every time I use the car in anger something goes wrong yes, one thing after another which has destroyed my Time Attack season completely. The cambelt tensioner bearing breaking apart and now this, I've never heard of either of these parts failing before.

It is a stock pump yes, the "uprated" pumps wont stop this from happening though.

Someone upstairs doesn't like me.

Mental mate, proper track that is, doesn't really suit the Supra though compared to EVO's, Imprezas, Lotus's, etc. Bring on Snetterton...

Told ya it was mental. I loved it though. Can se what you mean its not best suited to the supra as there is not many places you can get the power down.

Im looking forward to doing snetterton in oct going by what you have told me :)

Told ya it was mental. I loved it though. Can se what you mean its not best suited to the supra as there is not many places you can get the power down.

Im looking forward to doing snetterton in oct going by what you have told me :)

Better get the boost turned up for those straights then :)